• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Hmm as i suspected everyone on my friends list is playing trials. seems the weekend is a bust for getting raids done now. Fair enough.

Gonna have another trials run, need 1 more to come with me and my mate. Add Langoit

Added you, psn crophonso

coy

Congrats! My little one was born 2 months after PS4 release. I've had to afk many times to sort real world stuff out. Last week in ToO I had to get the guys to jump out to orbit so I could do an emergency nappy change whilst the baby slept. I've had to remote play finishing raids when the little one would only sleep on my shoulder in her room and wouldn't settle in the cot.

Group activities get easier once they get a bit older. I'm much more able to dedicate an evening to raids etc knowing she will sleep through.
Thanks! I'm learning from friends how to game with a baby. It's not something I have down yet which is why I rarely jump into raids or PoE let alone attempt ToO. I've been in Crucible today with my baby slumped in my lap napping. I'm sure it'll get easier as she gets older, but for now I take what I can get, namely Crucible and Dragon strikes.

Good morning DGAF! Not really, it's actually 2pm and just woke up. Playing Trials for a 17 hour period until 5am took the toll on me haha. I woke up thinking maybe it's noon XD

Anyways, had a lot of fun running Trials, regardless of missing the 8 win package to start and end my trials runs. Still need that for 2 chars.

I have to drive to a city an hour away to celebrate my gf's little sisters bday. Hope to be back not too late and get more Trials runs in. My left thumb is sore!

Kyoufu

I can assure you wheel, I am ever so much shittier than you.

I am worse than you both!

6Qq02mI.gif

Arrrammis

Features that need to be added in TTK:

Skip cutscenes. I had forgotten how terrible the story was.
I wish they would add cutscenes to the dlc. There were several parts of TBD and HoW that could have had a cutscenes or two to explain the story a bit further, show some things that they can't do in normal gameplay.
Having a flashback to Eris's failed fireteam prior to running the raid would have been awesome, or having a cutscenes showing Skolas's involvement in the reef wars. I had no idea who he was until I read the grimoire, and some of that is pretty epic. Even a thirty second intro to him would have been cool.

I am ok with adding more cutscenes if they are Halo-grade, but what they put in the base game is not that worthy of watching twice (trying to level up my alt)

Langy

So our first trials match we get matched against all thorn all mercury before and got a little bit nervous.....and then they sat down and danced all match and let us kill them.

I'm still confused...

Ryck

So our first trials match we get matched against all thorn all mercury before and got a little bit nervous.....and then they sat down and danced all match and let us kill them.

I'm still confused...
They are farming passage coins.

So I was watching some Counter Strike streams and just holy shit at those donations. That's a lot of money....

The largest donation I've seen ever drop was from Maximilian_DOOD, he streams fighting games and old school games and he was steaming Ori and got a $3500 donation O_O

Lnkn52

So I was watching some Counter Strike streams and just holy shit at those donations. That's a lot of money....
Yeah some really good streamers get that daily. The best time to watch the money flow is on their streamers birthday,or a follow milestone. I think Goth biggest donation was close to $5k.

Future

The TLW and Matador 64 combination in the Crucible is real. I've seen an increased amount of TLW users in the last few days, probably because of the Thorn shaming that has been going on lately.

People bitch about thorn as if it's worse than last word. Last word has its own glitches and time to kill is way to fast at way too far a range.

Maxing my last word right now and shot package party crasher with luck in the chamber. If you can't beat em, join em

nOoblet16

Yeah some really good streamers get that daily. The best time to watch the money flow is on their streamers birthday,or a follow milestone. I think Goth biggest donation was close to $5k.

And none of this counts as taxable income I think lol
I've made the wrong career plan...should have started streaming years ago. :p

I am ok with adding more cutscenes if they are Halo-grade, but what they put in the base game is not that worthy of watching twice (trying to level up my alt)

Lnkn52

And none of this counts as taxable income I think lol
I've made the wrong career plan...should have started streaming years ago. :p
You have to be really lucky to make it big. But yes, if you do, it's a cool job. But it's also a very demanding job. You're basically streaming every day of the week and having to deal with trolls plus haters.

I personally don't have the enthusiasm to entertain people nor am I funny for hours. Maybe just minutes.

nOoblet16

You have to be really lucky to make it big. But yes, if you do, it's a cool job. But it's also a very demanding job. You're basically streaming every day of the week and having to deal with trolls plus haters.

I personally don't have the enthusiasm to entertain people nor am I funny for hours. Maybe just minutes.

Don't really need to make it huge though, regular 500-600 viewers is quite good too but yes it should come with the same amount of stress and work and the effort required from you to maintain 100 people is the same as 1000 or more. I think what Pewdiepie does is a lot less demanding than streaming as his main audience is on youtube which has recorded content and no direct fan interaction.

Another thing is that if you are a woman you have an easier path in gaining viewership (relatively speaking) but you'd also come across more trolls, haters and even offensive and sexist people.

LiK

Streaming requires a lot of time. That's the only main obstacle. Whether people find you entertaining or not is subjective. As for trolls, anyone who does anything in public will need to deal with them. I even need to deal with them on Twitter. They're everywhere.

Obscured

E7UbGsz.gif

Voidwalker is becoming my favourite subclass for PVP now lol.

Yup, with nova bomb, you either hit several people or just hit a doorway.

I've been playing void walker more while leveling up Thorn and The Ram, which means people hate me yet I don't yet have the perks they would hate me for. I have also found that while I can never seem to escape from a nova bomb, but when I pop it only doorways and rocks have to fear me. (Still fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom