• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

shucks ya it's way too big

know the limit? gonna go cut it down.
I think anything beyond 10MB it automatically turns into gifv? Otherwise it should give both. Imgur is one of the highest quality Youtube to GIF sites but at the expense of filesize. Unfortunately they don't provide a lot of options to reduce size aside from cropping.

OkayRene

Somehow I've gone all this time never having done the Undying Mind strike, haha. Just got the grimoire card for it and everything.

Namikaze1

Cannot get my GIF from imgur to GAF working.

Which of the links is correct?
Delete the "v" from gifv. All my imgur gifs are over 10MB so what I do to post them here is delete the v. Works 100% of the time. Make sure to use direct link.

For example, this would link to a gifv file: http://i.imgur.com/mVgvpYr.gifv

Take out the v and place it behind image tags and the gif would show here like so:

mVgvpYr.gif

Yeah, you can post huge ass gifs, but you will get flak for posting something too big. Breaking browsers and ruining people's data plans and shit. As long as it's less that 20, it should be okay.

Started doing reforge for the first time after hearing about how Her Benevolence becomes a death ray in PvP with Hidden Hand, AP Rounds, and Unflinching. But now I feel like I'm playing the slots in Vegas and my Motes/Ascendant Mats/Coins are slowly going away. I'm scared, GAF.

Preferences > Show GIF > Off

Yep, exactly this if large gifs bother you.

Also, use gifyoutube.com to make them, not imgur. Much lower resolution and therefore smaller file size. Up to 15 seconds long. Keeps everyone happy.

Edit: also also- don't quote people's gif links when responding to them!!! We don't need to see the same gif 5x on a page. Quote the post but them delete the image link.

LiK

Not playing games this weekend. Found out my grandma won't have much time left so I'm not in the mood. Have fun with Trials.

Mindlog

Also, use gifyoutube.com to make them, not imgur. Much lower resolution and therefore smaller file size. Up to 15 seconds long. Keeps everyone happy.
I try to limit myself to 5MB.
If GAF had WEBM support that would be 2MB with sound -_-

Anyways.... MORE GIFS
Lzmjvq9.gif

Working as intended.
Very smooth run care of Rubenov and XO. One bump, but the most frustrating part about that was that it was winnable. Spawning down low is just troublesome for me. I also had one very weird round where I could have supered to save it, but blanked. Guaranteed it wouldn't have happened if my controller had paddles :p

Wasn't too worried about the loot, but pulled:
Solar Messenger (nice)
170 Intellect Titan chest piece. I'll take it!
My 6th Gjallarhorn in the past month. wtf game?

Lnkn52

Edit: also also- don't quote people's gif links when responding to them!!! We don't need to see the same gif 5x on a page. Quote the post but them delete the image link.
It's just to be courteous to other's experience. If you're going to post a +10mb file, just post it on YouTube. Not nerfing my GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom