• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkarus

Just reached Mercury on my Hunter. Got another blooming arc scout rifle, where art thou solar jewel or messenger?

Had my first encounter of a team constantly message spamming all of us to block our radars. Thankfully we still won.

Does anyone else have that moment of hesitation before making a new character because you don't want to slog through the grueling story missions again?

Does anyone else have that moment of hesitation before making a new character because you don't want to slog through the grueling story missions again?

3 chars is the way to do it.

I had to remake my first character on Monday because it got deleted. I had 0 gear for that class but luckily got to L34 on Friday. Without the luck, you could get to 30.5 with the following gear:

1)Get armor core from one of your current chars to buy Variks Boots on your new char when he/she reaches L20.
2)Buy the chest from Xur right now! Buy helm engrams if you want as well.
3)Play Trials to get 5 wins / helm
4) The lucky part, hope for legendary gloves dropping. Otherwise you can grind rank 2 vanguard/crucible to get the gloves. Or, just raids! CE has the best drop rate.

3 Light 42 gear without the gloves put me at 30.5. Luckily had gloves drop in trials.

it took me basically 2 nights to do it. Just played PvP to get to like 7 or 8. Then got carried through Hard Mode Earth, Moon, and Venus that took me to L15. Then PvP was super fast to 20 once I got the drops from PvE. Especially since it's a brand new char, it's not that bad.

Namikaze1

Lost 2 straight rounds before winning next 5 rounds. It was a team of gunslingers. One guy wasted his super. Killed him before he even made a single shot.

3 chars is the way to do it.

I had to remake my first character on Monday because it got deleted. I had 0 gear for that class but luckily got to L34 on Friday. Without the luck, you could get to 30.5 with the following gear:

1)Get armor core from one of your current chars to buy Variks Boots on your new char when he/she reaches L20.
2)Buy the chest from Xur right now! Buy helm engrams if you want as well.
3)Play Trials to get 5 wins / helm
4) The lucky part, hope for legendary gloves dropping. Otherwise you can grind rank 2 vanguard/crucible to get the gloves. Or, just raids! CE has the best drop rate.

3 Light 42 gear without the gloves put me at 30.5. Luckily had gloves drop in trials.

it took me basically 2 nights to do it. Just played PvP to get to like 7 or 8. Then got carried through Hard Mode Earth, Moon, and Venus that took me to L15. Then PvP was super fast to 20 once I got the drops from PvE. Especially since it's a brand new char, it's not that bad.

Great ideas here, thanks!

Great ideas here, thanks!

You're welcome! With all the vendors especially the new Reef vendors selling different gear and having an alt to help with having the materials (armor core, etheric light), it definitely speeds up the process. And having an awesome community here as well.

I also thought of it as this way. It was a way to practice PvP with no good weapons and no subclass abilities. I felt like a superhero who lost all of my abilities and slowly gained it back 1 by 1.

But if it's a new class you haven't played yet, it's always fun learning that new class!

I did miss actually paying attention to "attack" and "defense" on weapons/gear. Plus, some of the old White gear looks cool! Can keep the original emblem and gear set just because :p

Namikaze1

This thread is moving so slow. Anyone here? Hello!

*only hears echo*

We lost to a guy with a blue sniper. Zoba's Baby Blue sniper. Dammit.

P44

Guys I'm going to try to get the necrochasm on PS4 and XB1.

IF ONLY THE GODDAMN HUSK WOULD DROP

Also: Anyone up for just killing Crota on HM on XB1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom