• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DGAF! Two new little guardians have joined the fold today. My wife and I welcomed our twin girls into the world this morning. All are well.

Stats:

Baby A
Weight - 5 lbs 4 oz
Fale Human
Hunter class

Baby B
Weight - 5 lbs 10 oz
Female Human
Warlock class

I was really hoping for a Titan, but I'm still happy.

That being said, I will be removed from Destiny for a bit in the near future. I'll be trying to stay sane by keeping tabs on DGAF.

Damm man, congratz, I think is a big step in your life, like getting a Horn in real life.

Honestly thought I was done with this game. After HoW our raid group of 5 split into two teams, and I got left out of the fun after the first week so I used this as a sign to finally take a break from the game for FFXIV.

Now with Taken King coming out I'm starting to become interested again. Unfortunately I'm conflicted on platform.

Started with Xbox One but kind of want to play this on PS4 but I'd have to start all over, unless Bungie finds a way to allow us to place stuff in the vault, swap consoles, and take items out. (save for the exclusive stuff) I understand our characters are attached to gamertag/PSNid so it'd be impossible to swap chars so I had the idea for the vault thing since that app can be very handy for transferring gear over in a flash.

Sure I could level from scratch to 20, but having gear ready will save some time. Even willing to double dip if I have to.

Frenden

Banned
Honestly thought I was done with this game. After HoW our raid group of 5 split into two teams, and I got left out of the fun after the first week so I used this as a sign to finally take a break from the game for FFXIV.

Now with Taken King coming out I'm starting to become interested again. Unfortunately I'm conflicted on platform.

Started with Xbox One but kind of want to play this on PS4 but I'd have to start all over, unless Bungie finds a way to allow us to place stuff in the vault, swap consoles, and take items out. (save for the exclusive stuff) I understand our characters are attached to gamertag/PSNid so it'd be impossible to swap chars so I had the idea for the vault thing since that app can be very handy for transferring gear over in a flash.

Sure I could level from scratch to 20, but having gear ready will save some time. Even willing to double dip if I have to.
They're never going to have cross platform gear swaps. Even if they wanted to, the platform holders wouldn't allow for it.

Future

The pvp map design in this game feels like it was built for the last word.

Last word
LDR
Rocket launcher with proximity and tripod

Blade dancer with blink QuickDraw

Lucky raspberry with spawn with grenade energy

After fiddling with so many loadouts, this right here seems to have no weaknesses. Blink is so ridiculous.. It disorients everyone. QuickDraw means you can snipe and finish with last word fast and easy. Every spawn I can soften enemies with a grenade and almost get at least one guaranteed kill

I could switch the LDR with a party crasher, but last word is so dominant at mid to close range, the long range kill potential is too good. Especially with QuickDraw... No one can even surprise you and capitalize in time. Holy shit

purg3

slept with Malkin
The pvp map design in this game feels like it was built for the last word.

Last word
LDR
Rocket launcher with proximity and tripod

Blade dancer with blink QuickDraw

Lucky raspberry with spawn with grenade energy

After fiddling with so many loadouts, this right here seems to have no weaknesses. Blink is so ridiculous.. It disorients everyone. QuickDraw means you can snipe and finish with last word fast and easy. Every spawn I can soften enemies with a grenade and almost get at least one guaranteed kill

I could switch the LDR with a party crasher, but last word is so dominant at mid to close range, the long range kill potential is too good. Especially with QuickDraw... No one can even surprise you and capitalize in time. Holy shit

This weekend I've made the switch from Thorn to TLW and I don't think I'm going back. Still getting used to it, but I've some of the best clash matches since I've started using it. Now I just need to work on my sniping, because I'm terrible at it right now.

Flawless Raider #2 for the day is in the bag. Took slightly longer than it should have thanks to me pulling one of the scrubbiest fucking moves in my Destiny career but everyone played great and we knocked it out no problem. Great job everyone, congrats to the new flawless DGAF'ers and soon to be new GLords!

Flawless Raider #2 for the day is in the bag. Took slightly longer than it should have thanks to me pulling one of the scrubbiest fucking moves in my Destiny career but everyone played great and we knocked it out no problem. Great job everyone, congrats to the new flawless DGAF'ers and soon to be new GLords!

What did you do? Lol

oSoLucky

What did you do? Lol

Have you ever had a friend that's really drunk at a party and against any sort of good judgment takes one last shot that sends him over the edge? It was sorta like that but less embarrassing and not physically detrimental to anyone.

Just went for one too many swings which I've done myself a few times trying to get the kill shot in.

rc213

Thanks for the carry, That was intense. I came down to a sliver of health on that last run right after I got across the bridge. =*

Just need Salvage and Strike trophy.

OkayRene

Have you ever had a friend that's really drunk at a party and against any sort of good judgment takes one last shot that sends him over the edge? It was sorta like that but less embarrassing and not physically detrimental to anyone.

Just went for one too many swings which I've done myself a few times trying to get the kill shot in.

One too many Crota sword swings?

They're never going to have cross platform gear swaps. Even if they wanted to, the platform holders wouldn't allow for it.

Yeah, it's a pipedream alright. I could convince my raid mates to consider PS4ing it, at least one guy has one (he's mostly Xbox though). Maybe I'm a sucker for exclusive content I dunno lol.

What did you do? Lol

This:

CJxFqQeVAAAWY8F.jpg:large

I thought the previous hit would kill him for sure but he ended with a pixel of health, so I got greedy instead of gtfo of there. So stupid but I'm just glad we got some redemption, lol.

lol yeah pretty much like this :p Great job KC! You were rock solid the whole time.

Thanks for the carry, That was intense. I came down to a sliver of health on that last run right after I got across the bridge. =*

Just need Salvage and Strike trophy.

haha yeah I saw that exclamation point pop above your head. Everyone played great and kept it cool despite a couple silly bumps along the way.

FYI for the Salvage trophy: you only need to capture the relics initially, you don't actually have to hold them the whole time. Twenty of those and you'll be good, it doesn't take too long.

P44

This:

I thought the previous hit would kill him for sure but he ended with a pixel of health, so I got greedy instead of gtfo of there. So stupid but I'm just glad we got some redemption, lol.

lol yeah pretty much like this :p Great job KC! You were rock solid the whole time.

haha yeah I saw that exclamation point pop above your head. Everyone played great and kept it cool despite a couple silly bumps along the way.

FYI for the Salvage trophy: you only need to capture the relics initially, you don't actually have to hold them the whole time. Twenty of those and you'll be good, it doesn't take too long.

I'm working on soloing CE in NM - thanks to that slayerage video, a few pieces of the puzzle I was missing for solo kind of fell into place. Still, I'm up for another run whenever the next one is.

rc213

This:

Pretty sure I'd be crying myself too sleep right now cause I had my super and helm which refills your health but I never activated it cause I was scrambling like a chicken. =

I'm working on soloing CE in NM - thanks to that slayerage video, a few pieces of the puzzle I was missing for solo kind of fell into place. Still, I'm up for another run whenever the next one is.

Yeah there are still some folks out there who've expressed interest but not gotten to run it yet. I'm down to do another run whenever. I'll be around awhile yet tonight if enough people are available now, or some time during the upcoming week.

Congrats to the newest Flawless Raiders! It's really a rush when you get close calls and then towards the end with Ir Yut and Crota. Fun stuff indeed!

Drizzay was the right man/gaurdian to take you guys through it.

408 raid completions? Scrub status confirmed.

Sad I missed the newbie raid, sounds like a great time was had by all. I'll be around the rest of the day if anyone wants to do newbie raids or flawless raids.

Yeah can't beat your 409 clears Drizzay :p

Yeah you missed a very enjoyable 4 hours. Had the stream up as well, so DGAF enjoyed too.

How in the >.<

Mines is like 40 or something and I'm sure I've run it wayyyyyyyy more than that.

Does it only count full runs or something?

Edit: It actually only shows 14.

I've run VoG at least 100 times, and that's low balling it. CE I've run at least 50.

For VoG it shows 9.

For CE it shows 7.

Something's no right there ...

Atheon/Crota kills count towards the completion.

Mindlog

This:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJxFqQeVAAAWY8F.jpg:large

That almost happened to me on a flawless run. I took a swing on Crota CLEARLY after he was getting up. He was orange when I hit the trigger. I saw myself doing it yet for some reason thought it was a speed run instead of flawless. I was laughing as I took the swing. Everyone else was horrified.

Luckily it was also the only time when Crota didn't punish my overzealous swinging.

Haha, Kadey trying to prove ruthless she can carry the relic by soloing the templar after everyone died!

... she failed, but that was worth trying. :)

Haha that would have fun to see, I went to bed unfortunately..next time Kadey :)

#Team1stTryFlawlessRaider!

Great job everyone! We managed to make Crota a little interesting with an actual Ogre sighting, lol. But everyone stayed cool and performed perfectly under pressure. Congrats to all the new Flawless DGAF'ers and the new GLords! Lnkn will have some work to do :p

Congrats to all new flawless raiders and guardian lords :)

JTripper

Congrats on the flawless tonight. I was late to log on or else I would have joined you guys. I'd love to be in the next flawless run if anyone plans on running one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom