• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my 3oC drop from 5 strikes
CPV1WoaUcAApsrl.jpg:large

:D

Thought I was gonna have to buy this one from the kiosk. Let the Sealed Ahamkarlo build liiiiive. You get a smoke bomb, you get a smoke bomb, everyone gets a smoke bomb!

Tecnniqe

Banned
To get a taken target to appear do we kill all the taken invaders? They are corrupting the area atm

Kill the Lieutenants that spawn. Its 2-3 of them or something. Once that is done within a timelimit the boss will spawn. He will despawn if not killed fast enough.

Jinjo

Man, that roll is so much better than what I got. :'(

There were three of us and three randoms. We still failed twice. :lol

To be fair, randoms for more bad than good sometimes. We almost lost a tier 2 CoO because rando's either blew up the thralls or kept killing one the 3 Wizards.

figpc

Neo Member
Yeah ive been trying but it takes two wacks, and getting close is not easy because shotguns....everywhere.

Been trying rumble with going invis, and waiting like a ninja to strike.

Rift has been working well for me. I wait until someone has the rift and run up behind the people looking to kill them.

Kyoufu

Any interest in doing the raid from Golgoroth onwards? Still need to down that big ugly thing as well as the rest before reset.

inthrall

Yeah ive been trying but it takes two wacks, and getting close is not easy because shotguns....everywhere.

Been trying rumble with going invis, and waiting like a ninja to strike.
I had the most luck in 6v6 maps, more teammates to distract people

Doing the sword quest in crucible. I run around like a maniac with no ammo for it and just clobber people. It works every once in awhile. I'm up to 21 kills with it after an hour and a half!

KxoZz

I used up all my last Three of Coins yesterday hoping to get a 310 exotic weapon or armour. 6 engrams and all of them 290 :(

Raybunny

Just got another 4th Horseman.... RNG god I got a couple of beers for you ma man.

I used up all my last Three of Coins yesterday hoping to get a 310 exotic weapon or armour. 6 engrams and all of them 290 :(

I think they are all tied to the 290 level and if you wanna go higher you will need to infuse. Speculation on my side though.

bitsurugi

Am up for a raid, any part will do, althogh would prefer a run from the start. If anyone needs me. Will be on my 285 hunter tho, as my titan did it all twice.
It has insane gear - fast reload sniper, ammo sniper rounds, a 310 (!!) Sniper, but a shitty 200 artifact keeping my light down.

noomi

Need a team to beat the
sisters
and
Oryx
. Would much prefer to have folks who already beat them. I don't have much time. Today is basically my last day to beat this raid just once before reset.

Nami we have a team around 9 but for oryx only, not sure if its full but would be interested if there is a spot available?

Anyone at the stage of starting the quests after story mode? Just finished the story on my hunter and am about to blast through them to get to the NF stage

Need a team to beat the
sisters
and
Oryx
. Would much prefer to have folks who already beat them. I don't have much time. Today is basically my last day to beat this raid just once before reset.

I've beaten
sisters
and after struggling with
oryx
understand the mechanics now so I'm able to help out if you need. Trying to raise my light level a little bit more right now because that last fight is a dps bitch.

Edit: I'll go back and help with the first fight for you too.

noomi

Rift has been working well for me. I wait until someone has the rift and run up behind the people looking to kill them.

Had same issues as you, then one match on the PS exclusive one i got 11 kills with it :D almost positive KD too!

Sure i got a lil while

I had the most luck in 6v6 maps, more teammates to distract people

Thanks for the tips guys, starting to get a bit better here 18/25 now

k1t4j

Ive been able to kill 2 people with my sword in 3 crucible matches.

This sucks, why tie somehing like this to PvP?

I do 1 every match, 2 if I am lucky :p

So I am expecting at least 25 crucible matches before this is done, haha

Strider

Need a team to beat the
sisters
and
Oryx

I can help what time you wanting to do it? Only light 288 at the moment but the
sisters part looks incredibly easy and I know the strat for oryx as well just might to upgrade my weapons a little bit more not sure. My artifact is the weakest part of my gear

Namikaze1

Nami we have a team around 9 but for oryx only, not sure if its full but would be interested if there is a spot available?
Thanks for the offer but I really need to beat the
sisters
for this Eris quest. :(

I've beaten
sisters
and after struggling with
oryx
understand the mechanics now so I'm able to help out if you need. Trying to raise my light level a little bit more right now because that last fight is a dps bitch.

Edit: I'll go back and help with the first fight for you too.
I got the whole mechanics down for the
sisters
but couldn't beat it with my team due to PSN issues on my end. Had to give up my spot cause I kept getting an error almost every 5 minutes.

KxoZz

Bah i need a new ghost that might push me to 300 limit so i can farm again

I need a Ghost for my Hunter, too. Wanna get my Hunter to 290 without putting in any work lol.

I think they are all tied to the 290 level and if you wanna go higher you will need to infuse. Speculation on my side though.

After reaching light level 300, exotic engrams have a chance to roll at 310 light. Got 3 helmets from Xur with 310.

To be fair, randoms for more bad than good sometimes. We almost lost a tier 2 CoO because rando's either blew up the thralls or kept killing one the 3 Wizards.

Yeah, true dat.

God, I want to get on the raid again, but I don't feel like sinking another five hours into it only to get stuck at one of the other bosses. Think I might wait a bit until more people are higher light and have masterd the mechanics.

Morning DGAF! I won't be on till 4pm CST today but I was wondering about people with 290+ alts...just transfer over all guns and ghost and play for drops right? I want to do the raid tonight with my hunter next.

Namikaze1

I can help what time you wanting to do it? Only light 288 at the moment but the
sisters part looks incredibly easy and I know the strat for oryx as well just might to upgrade my weapons a little bit more not sure. My artifact is the weakest part of my gear
I want to do it as soon as possible as I won't be able to play much this afternoon. I'm throwing a small get together later on.

Marvel

could never
Anyone taking people on for raids who havent completed it? Got to
Warpriest
the other day. Light level 291.

Not free for a little bit though.

noomi

23/25

Fuck this sword quest. Ill have to do it two more times for the solar and arc versions on my alts :********(

Namikaze1

Am up for a raid, any part will do, althogh would prefer a run from the start. If anyone needs me. Will be on my 285 hunter tho, as my titan did it all twice.
It has insane gear - fast reload sniper, ammo sniper rounds, a 310 (!!) Sniper, but a shitty 200 artifact keeping my light down.
Want to help me with the last two parts:
Sisters
and
Oryx
?

Thanks for the offer but I really need to beat the
sisters
for this Eris quest. :(

I got the whole mechanics down for the
sisters
but couldn't beat it with my team due to PSN issues only end. Had to give up my spot cause I kept getting an error almost every 5 minutes.

That really sucks man. Well shoot me a message or invite later if you need one. I'd really like to get
Oryx
down today.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I need a Ghost for my Hunter, too. Wanna get my Hunter to 290 without putting in any work lol.

After reaching light level 300, exotic engrams have a chance to roll at 310 light. Got 3 helmets from Xur with 310.

I hate it. Only ghosts i find are 270's its driving me nuts

Deku Tree

Anyone know which quests I need to do first in order to get the Eris Court of Oryx
300 Artifact
reward quest? I'm trying to level up my Titan Alt.

Top Bottom