• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GlamFM

Banned
Sons of Mithras have just beaten the second mini-boss, and we are looking for a sixth. Newbies and experienced are all welcome, just don't spoil stuff if you've done it before.

Add me: TearsOfBlood
Or hop in the party if you're on my list.

Also streaming the attempt: twitch.tv/shijierui

Mee?

Deku Tree

Jesus CoO tier 3 with 3 people is near impossible. That big ogre respawns way too fast.

Yeah we struggled with that last night. If you have three 290 players with full Titan-Warlock supers and everything hits her then the wizard doesn't die and the Ogre will respawn. It is very hard but possible to kill the Ogre twice in the event and take down the wizard after the second ogre kill.

It is much, Much easier (even easier than a Tier 2) if you have 2-3 more 290+ players for a total of 5-6 and you can kill the wizard after the first Ogre.

It is frustrating that it's so hard to get a larger higher level team at CoO.

Bungie should have really allowed you to load right into CoO from the director, and they should have made it easier to end up with a larger team of players at CoO.

Raybunny

Sons of Mithras have just beaten the second mini-boss, and we are looking for a sixth. Newbies and experienced are all welcome, just don't spoil stuff if you've done it before.

Add me: TearsOfBlood
Or hop in the party if you're on my list.

Also streaming the attempt: twitch.tv/shijierui

I can join and help out.

Deku Tree

First checkpoint can drop ghost and special/heavy weapons. Not sure about armor.
Warpriest drops armor and special, along with shards.
Golgoroth - armor and dhards.
Daughters - shards, haven't seen anyone get actual loot from them yet.
Oryx has 2 drops - one i think is guaranteed primary, other can be primary or shards.
3 chests - shards, ammo synth, runes, glimmer.

I received a 300 class item from the Daughters.

Nice! Thanks!

Questions about Court of Oryx loot. I been farming this a lot lately as I get a lot of runes to use there and want to know what can drop from it. So far I have seen this:

Tier 1: Blue,Legendary Engrams, Runes, stolen runes
Tier 2: Blue, legendary Engrams, Stolen Runes,Possible to get Runes for Tier 3.
Tier 3: Blue, Legendary engrams and Artifacts, Runes for all tiers. first time completion you get a 300 Artifact. then nothing will be garanteed 300.

Thats it?

I been completing a bunch of Tier 3 and always get Blues or Artifacts mostly, hardly any legendary engrams, not seen a single Exotic engram drop yet. I thought it would be garanteed 300 items if a legendary drops,

All legendarys I have recieved so far has turned into the same things, got 6 1000 yard stares, 5 smolder, 4 Hakke sidearm...WTF thought they said the new RGN system would be better

People on Reddit have mixed reports on the guaranteed 300 artifact directly from a Tier 3. You get a guaranteed 300 artifact directly from the CoO Eris quest though. So be sure to do that first.

Yeah we struggled with that last night. If you have three 290 players with full Titan-Warlock supers and everything hits her then the wizard doesn't die and the Ogre will respawn. It is very hard but possible to kill the Ogre twice in the event and take down the wizard after the second ogre kill.

It is much, Much easier (even easier than a Tier 2) if you have 2-3 more 290+ players for a total of 5-6 and you can kill the wizard after the first Ogre.

It is frustrating that it's so hard to get a larger higher level team at CoO.

I have completed a bunch of these but with randoms its really hard. I have completed it with some random 270 guys and my 3 guys with 290 + but it was very close, few seconds remaining only as we had to kill a second ogre.

Last night we had six guys go to orbit on their own. then went to the dreadnaught and ran towards Court of Oryx. took us 4 tries before we had 2 guys at the court of oryx and we all joined up on those two to create a 6 man "fireteam" :)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone doing Court of Oryx? I have plenty of Tier 1 runes and a Tier 2 rune. PSN: ultrajari

Nice! Thanks!

People on Reddit have mixed reports on the guaranteed 300 artifact directly from a Tier 3. You get a guaranteed 300 artifact directly from the CoO Eris quest though. So be sure to do that first.

Yeah I did that, I got it on my first tier 3 completion a 300 artifact.
But i am wondering why I am not seeing any other 300 items drop, I thought that would be some garanteed loot.

Frenden

Banned
Just finished my 40 ToC grind. Results: 1 4th horseman, 5 crest of alpha lupi. The fuck, bungie :c

I did ~25 last night. I had good luck drop-rate wise.

Mask of the Third Man
Obsidian Mind
Sealed Ahamkara
Hereafter
Invective
Last Word
Alpha Lupi x2

phen0m24

Have to say the Court of Oryx is really fun. Agent, deaf and I did level 1's and 2's for a while. We had 2 randos that didn't seem to understand the shield guys but all in all awesome.

I think the 3's would be better with 6. Egads.

Ready to raid later. 293.

(Awaits Hawkian's noobie Oryx raid lol)

Deku Tree

I hate the alt grind from 280 to 290-5. It's just playing and praying for top light level very rare blue engrams from RNG, that is all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How the hell am I supposed to get void kills with a defender besides grenades and melee? Would killing them in ward of dawn count?

How the hell am I supposed to get void kills with a defender besides grenades and melee? Would killing them in ward of dawn count?

I just did that one. Killed with Melee and Grenades.. It´s not really all that time consuming, just focus on other Bounties and remember to throw Grenades and Melee once they are charged.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just did that one. Killed with Melee and Grenades.. It´s not really all that time consuming, just focus on other Bounties and remember to throw Grenades and Melee once they are charged.

Yeah that's what I'm doing now. Have to kill three special targets in each place. Mind as well do that one now.

Yeah that's what I'm doing now. Have to kill three special targets in each place. Mind as well do that one now.

Yes. I like it how Bungie made the bounties easier in a way, you can just focus on playing the main story and the bounties will be completed fast anyway.

Impulsor

Anyone with antique rune that wants help or can help me with the last step of the court of oryx quest?

Just need to complete the tier 3 but don't have antique rune or level 5 rep with eris to buy runes either.

I'm 290 light level.

Psn id: Borque

I hate the alt grind from 280 to 290-5. It's just playing and praying for top light level very rare blue engrams from RNG, that is all.

Yep its grim, I can't get a pair of boots or a helm to drop past 285 despite grinding heroic strikes since wednesday on my warlock (stuck at 291/2) . Gave up this morning and have started my Hunter

Kyoufu

Yeah, not really going to be able to just knock that one out from what I've read.

You can do it if you manage to find random people popping their runes at CoO. The first time I went to CoO today there were 5 others doing it and I managed to get it all done quickly. Also got a 290 Artifact drop too.

Top Bottom