• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

After completing every single Variks and Petra and Eris quest (including Lost and Found and killing Oryx), my "to do" list is finally shorter.

But still no Boolean for me :/ sucks.

Im doing lost and found now, i was killing enemies in the coo for the 50 mosoluem kills and suddenly thr quest changed from kill 150 enemies to find a broach in coo which i got a completed the quest. Did i fuck something up?
I dont want to screw myself out of getting the booleon

blackflag

I'm at 286 Light and seem to be stuck there - every engram I decrypt isn't getting me anywhere higher. Any tips for closing the gap to 290?

Sounds like you are just getting a bit unlucky. I got a 295 artifact, chest, primary, and secondary when I was at around 283.

From engrams. Just keep at it.

Definity

I can host the
piston puzzle
jumping CP for the next couple hours or so if anyone needs it for the chest. I'm afk but fireteam is set to public.

psn: definityxmg

My impressions of the raid:

Some interesting fights, but way, way WAY too much silly platforming onto mysterious fiddly little ledges etc. Don't know whose call that was but less mario bros would be welcome. Seems silly to make people to be 'that guy' that always falls and feels bad because they are slowing everyone down.

Any new Kings Fall group going? Would love to see what its like.

Found a shiny new pink Ghost that got me to 297 today! Also Neuroghast armor looks pretty amazing.

Menome

Right, with the new level-ratings, when it comes to doing the older raids (VoG/Crota) I just need to ensure that myself and my equipment are all at or above the minimum level, correct?

Hey sentinel, can you keep the CP so that I can get the chest later? Just about to start the final fight in the raid.

And the fragment I missed.

Yeah sure, I'm about to head to bed, will be on in about 6hrs though so someone else will probably have it though if you need it before I get back. Oh it seems to have saved me to Oryx D: Will have to get from someone else Nami

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Got to 293 just playing with some friends. Still need to do a tier 3 CoO for the 300 artifact and get a better primary.

Strider

Sisters Down

The encounter isnt that hard but it took us a while anyway. We made a lot of silly mistakes but mainly it's because everyone needs to know every part of the fight so it took us a bit for everyone to learn exactly how to do the jumps, which sister to dunk, where the ads spawn, etc. I messed up the jumps probably 3 times myself :/ We could knock it out again easy now though.

Namikaze1

Yeah sure, I'm about to head to bed, will be on in about 6hrs though so someone else will probably have it though if you need it before I get back.
Thanks! :)

I don't know. I'll more than likely take a break after killing Oryx. Just spent nearly 2 and a half hours for the encounter I was in.

My impressions of the raid:

Some interesting fights, but way, way WAY too much silly platforming onto mysterious fiddly little ledges etc. Don't know whose call that was but less mario bros would be welcome. Seems silly to make people to be 'that guy' that always falls and feels bad because they are slowing everyone down.

I like the exploration areas since it makes the raid feel like a big space but I agree the jumping got a little overdone. The piston area was a cool idea but felt drawn out, quantity at the sake of quality in an effort to make it big. Hive ships were really cool but also rather lengthy and those type of sections will get really tedious doing it week after week. Some variety like the Gorgons or some brevity like the jumping puzzle would have been better for at least one section.

At least holding the sword for 3rd person platforming is fun!

Namikaze1

Ray seems busy.

I like the exploration areas since it makes the raid feel like a big space but I agree the jumping got a little overdone. The piston area was a cool idea but felt drawn out, quantity at the sake of quality in an effort to make it big. Hive ships were really cool but also rather lengthy and those type of sections will get really tedious doing it week after week. Some variety like the Gorgons or some brevity like the jumping puzzle would have been better for at least one section.

At least holding the sword for 3rd person platforming is fun!
Drizzay, can you help us out with Oryx?

Top Bottom