• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Kalamari

Control spawns are way too random which lead to too many deaths IMO. If you're decent at small team tactics then go for Skirmish, you'll likely get it done faster. Just hope you get matched with competent teammates.

Yeah same here. I'm thinking it's a bug for that particular shell.

They are random, but they are somewhat predictable. I mainly camp heavy spawn, and when there aren't any enemies around I switch to TLW really fast and hopefully get 3 kills.

Question for raid vets (spoiler answer pls):

Are elemental primaries still in the game? I'm tired of farming the 3oCs for that exotic primary since all I get are helmets and arms, but don't want to miss out of that's the only year two elemental.

Namikaze1

3 Antiquated Runes! D

I'll save it for when gaffers need to do the quest. Unfortunately, I can't do it today. Got folks coming to visit.

SonComet

Question for raid vets (spoiler answer pls):

Are elemental primaries still in the game? I'm tired of farming the 3oCs for that exotic primary since all I get are helmets and arms, but don't want to miss out of that's the only year two elemental.
It's possible they will have elements from the hard mode when that releases. The normal mode we are doing does not drop elemental primaries

Juraash

Looking to do CoO or NF. Definitely want to get at least NF in today. No mic since the fiancé is sleeping laateeee today.

PSN: Kaiotheforsaken

After beating (boss spoilers)
War Priest, Golgoroth, and Death Singers
I got exactly one bond and a ton of shards. Smart loot obviously does not apply to the raid.

But it was tons of fun beating the 1st boss and getting the 2nd one down as well. We're all way to tired for Oryx though. I was really impressed with the 2nd boss once we got the mechanics down. Felt great.

Fun times indeed. I only got class armor but the ghost I got earlier is awesome. I streamed it btw if you wmated to watch. My twitch name is just my gamertag.

ocean

Banned
It's fucking bullshit. I got six after over an hour.
Firebolt + Viking Funeral + Touch of Flame + Radiant Skin. Highest Discipline build you can get. Control or Rift where enemies tend to group up.

It'll take a while but with this setup it should go faster..

ocean

Banned
After beating (boss spoilers)
War Priest, Golgoroth, and Death Singers
I got exactly one bond and a ton of shards. Smart loot obviously does not apply to the raid.

But it was tons of fun beating the 1st boss and getting the 2nd one down as well. We're all way to tired for Oryx though. I was really impressed with the 2nd boss once we got the mechanics down. Felt great.
At Oryx there's a very very good chance of q Primary. And Bonds are a valid drop now that they have Light.

I think 2 drops in a full run is pretty good tbh. Smart Loot will be put to test next week if we get dupes very often like a second chest instead of boots or something like that.

Ambitious

Firebolt + Viking Funeral + Touch of Flame + Radiant Skin. Highest Discipline build you can get. Control or Rift where enemies tend to group up.

It'll take a while but with this setup it should go faster..

That's my setup, with the exception of firebolt. I'm usually using Solar grenades.

Kalamari

UP to 55%. I would try skirmish, but I don't want to lose what progress I have made so far.

Why do ranged supers get increased armor, Sunbreakers are some bullshit, does Bungie even play their game?

Really impressed with the attention to detail in some of these guns. My scout rifle has these weird compartments filled with a blue luminescent liquid that sways around as you move and deplete as you shoot. Is it not even using bullets??

cilonen

Apologies for the redunant question everyone, but the answers are much appreciated.
I haven't even touched the Court yet :D

I got good drops for my Hunter and Warlock. Nothing for my Titan.

Court is interesting. Tier 1 is fair enough, lieutenents spawn in these are 'one boss' although you might get the brother knights (1 ranged, 1 melee) whose shields only drop when they get close to each other, so you have to kite the melee guy with the sword towards the ranged guy then go nuts on them both. The three wizards boss is a pain as all three of them have to die within 10 seconds of each other or they respawn. There's also one ogre whose shields only drop once a round of cursed thralls has been wiped out and one where you have to kill the taken that spawn in to drop his shields. The others are pure DPS. You'll know if the shield a boss has is tied to a mechanic if the shield is pure white rather than arc, solar or void.

Tier 2 requires the T2 rune be charged up by tier 1 victories. This spawns in two of the 'bosses' at random together, these are all doable by a good fire team apart from if you get the three wizards spawn. I've not yet been able to nail the three wizards plus another boss in one round (the event has a time limit).

Tier 3 requires the T3 rune to be charged up by tier 2 victories. I think this rune is a drop, Eris doesn't sell it IIRC. The mechanic here is nuts, a huge ogre spawns along with a white shielded wizard on the top altar. All around the altar acolyte eye type things will spawn, you need to take one of these out to get a buff which does extra damage to the ogre, burn the ogre down taking out orbs as needed whilst they are trying to beam shoot you, along with more regular ogres and taken nailing you on the arena floor. This needs five or six people as you'll be constantly dying. As soon as the big named ogre goes down the wizard becomes vulnerable and everyone needs to get up to the altar and nail her with the sword fast as if you're too slow she'll summon another guardian ogre and realistically you don't have time to get two rounds in before the event despawns.

I've managed to do it twice with groups of co-ordinated gaffers but completely failed when some poor guy burned his tier 3 rune just because there were five randoms hanging around there.

Hzoltan69

Apparently you have until Xur leaves to place an order which Bungie failed to mention. That's 3 days where they'll eat up inventory space. Really thought I could just do it Tuesday. Could have made 4 orders

I don't think I've ever said this before, but F.ck Bungie! This is such an asshole thing to do! I'm losing at least 3 legendaries...

Wallach

We did the Antiquated Rune with just three of us all around ~290-295 light. First attempt we ran out of time, but the second we finished it in one cycle.

I was doing the heroic strike playlist when the other people on my fireteam disconnected. Can anyone help me with the shield bros boss fight since matchmaking isn't bringing anyone in? psn is angry_eric

Namikaze1

Where are you farming these? I've been trying for days to get 2nd3rd from the first and had no luck in about 15 of my own and 10 more joining randoms.
Raid chests. It's not a common drop. I was the only one to even just get one. Got extremely lucky with the back to back to back drops.

Top Bottom