• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
Skyburners Annex has extremely curious text.

"To die twice in a strange land: first by Oryx's hand, then by yours."

Reference to the Taken Cabal that we kill?

noomi

Question for those that completed the raid...

After Oryx was killed I briefly saw an exotic pop up in my loot, i could not find it in my inventory afterwards. I do not remember the name of it, any idea what that was?

Then when in the tower, I handed in Eris's quest to collect the shrouds... Now everytime i speak with her she wants me to farm some sort of mats. Any ideas about this?

JTripper

After Oryx was killed I briefly saw an exotic pop up in my loot, i could not find it in my inventory afterwards. I do not remember the name of it, any idea what that was?

Then when in the tower, I handed in Eris's quest to collect the shrouds... Now everytime i speak with her she wants me to farm some sort of mats. Any ideas about this?

Probably the
ravenous heart. It's for a raid related quest given by Eris, I think.

Tovarisc

Oryx is on farm, hooray!

Congrats to Nami, Fig, Save, Toasty and Strider on the kill, very smooth. Two Oryxes down, only 320 (?) more to match his scrubby son death total.

Would it be possible to get on farm train and score Oryx kill? Cleared all way to him, but by looks of it wouldn't get kill in this reset because of schedule issues within team.

Sullichin

The silenced sidearm Havoc Pigeon is one of my favorite weapons right now. Outlaw + Crowd Control + Speed Reload. It's so fast to empty a clip.

Namikaze1

It's part of the exotic quest for the raid exotic. It's a long quest though. You need 45 fragments plus the three items from the raid (which you got) and complete the next step of Old Hunger. The items won't show up in inventory.

JTripper

Would it be possible to get on farm train and score Oryx kill? Cleared all way to him, but by looks of it wouldn't get kill in this reset because of schedule issues within team.

I want a ticket to ride that train as well. I'll join any team that wants to get him out of the way with today.

ocean

Banned
It's part of the exotic quest for the raid exotic. It's a long quest though. You need 45 fragments plus the three items from the raid (which you got) and complete the next step of Old Hunger.
Dat chest grind was so real. Are there any good guides for the fragments? I've been lazy getting those

DNAbro

fuck oryx. fuck oryx and his stupid ass head. I'm just gonna wait a few weeks until people have better weapons and make this easier. His stupid DPS check bullshit is incredibly dumb.

Anyone know all the quests that give out 300 weapons and armor?

I know of at least 2. Eris' court of Oryx quest and Ikora's nightfall quest. Anymore?

Well I didn't get anything good from the Nightfall itself, but completing the quest got me a 300 legendary shotgun called Conspiracy Theory-D with equivalent stats to Felwinter's Lie. I'm content.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This raid will be much easier once everybody gets better equipment and is familiar with it. It's really not that hard beyond being a DPS thing.

noomi

It's part of the exotic quest for the raid exotic. It's a long quest though. You need 45 fragments plus the three items from the raid (which you got) and complete the next step of Old Hunger. The items won't show up in inventory.

Probably the
ravenous heart. It's for a raid related quest given by Eris, I think.

Ahhh i see, thank you!

Probably for the
[touch of malice.../spoiler]

ocean

Banned
Anyone know all the quests that give out 300 weapons and armor?

I know of at least 2. Eris' court of Oryx quest and Ikora's nightfall quest. Anymore?
The final Eris quest which basically asks you to complete the Raid awards a
310 Artifact

I've done all the quests and those are the only ones that pay out 300+ gear as far as I'm aware.

Anyone willing to help with Fear's Embrace? Been sitting on Destiny LFG and nothing. Died a dozen times on this one and just want to get it done.

PSN: geneticfoil

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
From what I understood: those are not ultras. :)
What the game considers an "ultra" seems to be a yellow enemy with a skull next to its name, *and* who always drops one of those small triangles upon death.
Bungie could make this a bit more clearer, they should remove the skull on the ones that are "not really" ultras.
Interesting distinction. I thought the skull meant Ultra. :p
Skyburners Annex has extremely curious text.

"To die twice in a strange land: first by Oryx's hand, then by yours."

Reference to the Taken Cabal that we kill?
Yeah, I mean this is probably what you mean, but the Skyburners are the sect/regiment or whatever of Cabal that crashed the beachhead on the Dreadnaught.

Top Bottom