• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ich00

So question for everyone, what are you keeping in your fault? My weapons and armor are full. I've been getting rid of Y1 exotics...I guess I need to get rid of all my bonds that I've hoarded for my Warlock.

I've kept my old raid gear & weapons, slowly getting rid of the old exotics. Also slowly getting rid of HoW weapons that I'm pretty sure I'll never use again.

Finding someone to play coop can be really tough when you're below level 40. lol
I'm always game. Feel free to shoot me an invite if you see me on (PSN: UnionCarbine). Even though my warlock is 40, I'm still one mission away from finishing the story. I'm easily distracted I guess. ;)

E92 M3

You know for a second I thought it was the pre-nerf Black Hammer and I was telling myself why the fuck they chose to just re-give a dumb broken gun that broke everything.

I am okay with this, though. However, people losing their shit over it is hilarious to me.

The Black Hammer was a wonderful specimen that made bullet sponges fun.

RedFury

Makes me curios what their mid-year expansions will be. If they are going to be TTK sized or just new missions/strikes/raid in the Dreadnaught. To be able to pump out this much content in a year is pretty impressive, can't imagine what they are trying to do for the 3 month intervals.
What? Is there supposed to be another expansion coming up, I thought destiny 2 was next?...either way IN!

lt519

For Spindle I read that taking down boss asap is the way to go because the black balls and ads just keep spawning until he's dead. Not sure if possible but it makes sense.

It is basically what we did. We still had one person working adds on the left side but that wasn't for clearing the level it was for protecting our backs while we took down the boss. WoL and Void Bow with damage share wrecked him when he went into the middle of his platform since there were a ton of adds there. You can use those adds to your advantage. The first attempt we did was to clear adds and it was a mess because of their spawn rate.

I really think it is whatever strategy best fits your team. If you can't clear the adds fast enough you'll just run out of time. I should clarify that you don't focus solely on the boss, if there is an add in your face shoot it. But our main focus was the boss the whole time until we killed him.

What? Is there supposed to be another expansion coming up, I thought destiny 2 was next?...either way IN!

No clue, just figured they wouldn't go a year without giving us more content. Those slides showed two expansions after "Comet" which is what we basically just got.

LTWood12

For Spindle I read that taking down boss asap is the way to go because the black balls and ads just keep spawning until he's dead. Not sure if possible but it makes sense.

Everything I've seen is the opposite. Big orbs->ads->boss

When I did it we concentrated on the boss and it wasn't working. Killed him but then still got overrun w/ ads.

No the adds will keep spawning but you avoid having to deal with his constant attacks on top of it if you kill him first.

E92 M3

No fun allowed. I'd rather they not have *completely* broken weapons.

"Completely broken" is a massive hyperbole. If you like shooting at bullet sponges for 15 minutes than be my guest. Bungie changed things in TTK because no one like that and therefore I'm ok with the nerf.

zewone

Trying to kill the boss was getting us killed.

Clearing orbs then adds is what eventually worked for us. Although with 1 second left.

LTWood12

So behind at work, but all I can think about is dat' Spindle...

sw_spindle_navajo.jpg

Zocano

"Completely broken" is a massive hyperbole. If you like shooting at bullet sponges for 15 minutes than be my guest. Bungie changed things in TTK because no one like that and therefore I'm ok with the nerf.

Black Hammer being broken is separate from the game having shitty bullet sponge bossfights.

Can you grind the Taken Daily Side mission for that ship? If you already did it, is there any chance that the ship will drop if you do it again?
I really hope so. The two other people I did this with got the ship, and I didn't. Ran it again on the same character, only one person got the ship, I got nothing. Do I have to level an alt for a second chance?

I don't care about getting a second spindle, just want the ship!

GlamFM

Banned
Hey DGAF, I made a very compelling list of your daily tasks. Should make things way easier. Think of it as some sort of community service.

1. Help Glam get the Hammer 2.0

That concludes the list.

Now?

So question for everyone, what are you keeping in your fault? My weapons and armor are full. I've been getting rid of Y1 exotics...I guess I need to get rid of all my bonds that I've hoarded for my Warlock.

The only Y1 item I have in my Vault is Icebreaker (great for Draksis farming until it gets patched).

Other than that I have maybe 5 weapons and armor wise ×2 Alpha Lupi (Titan) w/ solar and void rolls, x2 Don't Touch Me and the exotic nightstalker helm. That's it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Is Crucible supposed to be unfairly weighted against new players? I've read that attack/defense are normalized but from playing it ~100 light levels behind I feel that can't possibly be entirely true.

Ophelion

sorry for the late response, still at work. ill be looking about 5pm! willing to spend 2 hours on this damn thing if need be

Oh, so am I. I was just saying, three of us who won't be on until around 5 PST. This is good.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I just hope I'm not too weak because I just got to 290 like...yesterday.

flkraven

Oh man. Now I'm really curious about those Mystery: VOG Grimoire cards. I can see those coming up when the
praedyth
mission is the daily

lt519

Trying to kill the boss was getting us killed.

Clearing orbs then adds is what eventually worked for us. Although with 1 second left.

I think it is whatever your team is built for and likes best. One of the main problems with Destiny is when content first comes out, whoever beats a boss first everyone uses that strategy even if it isn't their play style and eventually leads to frustration because they are not using their own strengths. If you have a team of killer snipers there is no reason you couldn't take him down in a couple minutes and then have 3 minutes to clear adds. Or do what we did which was a combination of both strategies. We never cleared a full wave of adds, but one guy kept them in check on our backside while a titan bubble covered our front side.

Justinh

Damn, left this thread open in a tab for a few hours while I played and it jumped like 30 pages, lol!

Dat spinduru, maybe sometime in the future...

Top Bottom