• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Has anyone been able to get fragment 34 by themselves? It's the one in the mausoleum where you have to go in a cave, wait til you smell like hive, run to the other side of the level, use your ghost to see the invisible platforms and make it to the chest within a minute.
I don't think it's possible. I hope I'm wrong.
It is very possible. Set max agility, pick your most comfortable sub-class in terms of jumping. Do a dry run to get a good feel for where the platforms are so that you only have to have your ghost out for a minimal amount of time for the real thing.

squadr0n

Anyone up for trying out this daily heroic quest for the Black Spindle sniper rifle on PS4? I'm about to attempt it,

PSN: Squadon
Light level 280 Warlock

Navy Bean

I am in desparate need of a new Artifact, it is anchoring down my Light Level. Still stuck with the starting 200 artifact while everything else is 280+. I have the CoO quest, but no Stolen or Antiquanted runes. Any way to get something in the interim?

You don't need to have the rune to finish the quest - just completing on someone else's rune works as well.

rainy_day

So, just like this mission where you can find a hidden area/challenge.

I discovered that the first mission on the Dreadnaught, if you go to the Court of Oryx a mini Crota will spawn.

This was last week before CoO3 was updated, but it's the same guy and you can fight him mid mission.

The ghost and Cayde-6 even had new dialog regarding him.

I'm guessing if you beat him, you'll get something else cool.
I experienced this through my first play through. I tried fighting him for the hell of it. He went away very fast if I remember correctly. Maybe it will be different with my higher light.

RedFury

I was one of those that felt destiny was light on content at launch even though I enjoyed my time with it. That said if TTK is just a taste of what destiny II will be I'm really excited for the future. I expected boss exclusive drops, hidden quest lines,etc and that's finally come to fruition.

deafmedal

Yo. Looking to set up a blind raid Friday night around 6-7 pm CST. Space for 3-4, please PM me if interested cause this thread moves too damn fast :)

I experienced this through my first play through. I tried fighting him for the hell of it. He went away very fast if I remember correctly. Maybe it will be different with my higher light.

Bring a full fireteam with exotic swords?

Or maybe there is some trick or puzzle to it?

Most people are guessing its just a promotion for Court Of Oryx though

lt519

I was one of those that felt destiny was light on content at launch even though I enjoyed my time with it. That said if TTK is just a taste of what destiny II will be I'm really excited for the future. I expected boss exclusive drops, hidden quest lines,etc and that's finally come to fruition.

Makes me curios what their mid-year expansions will be. If they are going to be TTK sized or just new missions/strikes/raid in the Dreadnaught. To be able to pump out this much content in a year is pretty impressive, can't imagine what they are trying to do for the 3 month intervals.

zewone

The fact that one someone randomly stumbled into a new exotic/challenge is beyond amazing to me still.

R7McrdN.png

Zocano

You know for a second I thought it was the pre-nerf Black Hammer and I was telling myself why the fuck they chose to just re-give a dumb broken gun that broke everything.

I am okay with this, though. However, people losing their shit over it is hilarious to me.

Nirran

Going to be getting on in a few to try for this Black Spindle. Any groups looking for more or we can start one? 292 warlock. Psn Nirran

Anastasis

It is amazing how much Bungie has changed the game. You simply can't solo much of the higher light content, and I think that is a good thing. It forces cooperation and synergy and it makes fights much more exciting and rewarding. Year 1 I soloed numerous public events just to get guaranteed marks to get gear so I could finally raid. I never want to go back to that. Challenge me with Taken champions in patrol and force me to use this site (and others) and ask for help, because Destiny is all about playing with awesome people. I've never had my avatar dance so much since the Taken King released in celebrating tough challenges. Therefore my simple suggestion for the next OT:

Destiny |OT32| Fireteam Recommended

(or whatever it is that quests say when the content is hard)

Navy Bean

For Spindle I read that taking down boss asap is the way to go because the black balls and ads just keep spawning until he's dead. Not sure if possible but it makes sense.

Top Bottom