• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
We did it twice we had two solar swords and my void sword.
Killed everything but the solar knight for the first run and on the second run we left the void knight alive until the end. Hope that helps.

Makes me wonder what else they have hidden away in daily missions
We know that some of the grates in Rasputin's bunker are destroyable...

In one of the new missions there is one that is not able to be destroyed but you can glimpse through the vents there is something behind it and that it looks to lead downwards... maybe it will open up when it becomes the daily?

wait, do you have to kill the boss as well? the guy in the dark who teleports away? confusing reading the quest decription

Wow, the Gunsmith gives you pretty good Legendary weapons on Armsday. I just received a Legendary scout rifle with 280 attack. Not bad for a few simple field tests.

It's alright for lower level folks. Once you're in the 290s they're pretty much only good for marks, unless the weapon has really good perks on it, then you'll want to infuse it up to higher attack values. I'm mostly ranking up the gunsmith so I can get those class specific exotics.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How long are raid clears taking now that lots of folks are getting familiar with it? If it's still 3+ hours then it is definitely something I will have to do on a weekend.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I still haven't touched my alts since TTK dropped. There just isn't enough time!

I've actually come to the decision that I'm just going to focus on one character. It's just too time consuming to maintain 3 characters. And even when I had 3 characters, I ended up only using the same one anyway, outside of doing the raids or NF with the other 2.

Kyoufu

Sunbreaker Titan clearing adds and gaining orbs and the Nightstalker is tethering the other adds and generates more orbs. Essentially rinse and repeat that until you either win or die, lol.

The hunters I've gone with tether the boss, which IMO is silly. So chaining supers hasn't been a thing in any of my attempts so far. :'(

lt519

Same. That's gonna change this week though!

So some tips, which you probably already know:

1. Move over all your weapons and ghost for immediate light level boost
2. You can move over a high blue light level class item and infuse it into the first legendary class item you get from the early missions
3. Equip an exotic
4. Spend 80 marks or 160 on two other pieces of armor
5. Edge over factions if you can for a chance at other gear
6. You can farm engrams on your main and decrypt them on your alt.

You'll be at 265+ light level before you even lift a finger. You can actually get to 290+ without ever really playing on your alt.

BahamutPT

Raid giving me the finger with a 300 Shotgun :( (mine is already 299 and has Crowd Control, so not really an upgrade)
I guess I'll pass it on to an alt.

Same. Every hour is Warlock O'clock for me.

I've actually come to the decision that I'm just going to focus on one character. It's just too time consuming to maintain 3 characters. And even when I had 3 characters, I ended up only using the same one anyway, outside of doing the raids or NF with the other 2.

Already finished the raid on my main on reset day so hopefully this weekend I'll have time to gear them up. Still have a lot of quests on my main to get through though...

EL CUCO

So some tips, which you probably already know:

1. Move over all your weapons and ghost for immediate light level boost
2. You can move over a high blue light level class item and infuse it into the first legendary class item you get from the early missions
3. Equip an exotic
4. Spend 80 motes or 160 on two other pieces of armor
5. Edge over factions if you can for a chance at other gear

You'll be at 265+ light level before you even lift a finger.
Artifacts can be transferred over as well, correct? I have an extra 300 sitting in my vault as we speak.

Deku Tree

teach me the ways.

Got my Hunter to 282 light doing almost nothing on my Hunter.

Leveled up to 40 by obtaining my subclass, poping a focused light, equipping the exotic EXP boost item from the CE junk, and handing in 16 saved bounties. This also got my nightstalker subclass halfway through the third exp row.

Today I transferred two legendary armor engrams that I had saved to my hunter and bought a legendary arm piece, and got a legendary cloak from a DO rank up, and then infused all of them with 2-3 high powered warlock armors each (you can get a lot higher powered end result by infusing 2-3 times with your three highest power pieces starting from lowest to highest versus doing it just once).

BAM. 282 light with a 200 Artifact too.

Did the daily story today on my hunter to unlock the dreadnaught.

Now I have another story mission to do. The Dreadnaught patrol is still not open. And I can not see the KF raid on my director.

Next step on my Hunter is to unlock the dreadnaught patrol and do the CoO quest from Eris. Gotta get that 300 Artifact to get to 290+.

wait, do you have to kill the boss as well? the guy in the dark who teleports away? confusing reading the quest decription

oh yeah the boss has to go down as well.
we took the knight down first then the boss.
30 seconds is the timer I believe from knight > boss kill

lt519

Artifacts can be transferred over as well, correct? I have an extra 300 sitting in my vault as we speak.

I think they are class specific, so you'll have to find a legendary artifact first before you can infuse another classes blue into it which requires some actual playing. Not sure if you can infuse though like the class item.

radiohead1

Neo Member
I got to tell you, that Black Spindle mission was a lot harder than I expected! I'm only 282, and with a team of two others we weren't able to do it before I had to bail for work.

Would love to try it when I get off work today so if anybody has any tips that would be great.

I find it interesting to not have weapons that I love. I was so used to just having all the best weapons and being max level, that it is tough equipping gear that I don't love just to get higher light.

I love this expansion so much. Destiny feels great right now.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
oh yeah the boss has to go down as well.
we took the knight down first then the boss.
30 seconds is the timer I believe from knight > boss kill

ah, ok. how'd you melt him so fast? what was your light level? I'm 296 and isee the mission is 300

Trakan

Who here has done the
"torn between dimensions" platforming relic section of the Oryx fight as a Warlock? Just how painful is it?

Top Bottom