• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Still need those 25 Crucible kills... It's not possible ;_;

For crucible, I found control by far the best match type.

You know where people are going to go/be and that helps a LOT.

Also, holding onto the heavy ammo until people have shot all their rockets on the other team. Stand sneaky-like around corners, wait, lunge.

I got an average of 3-5 kills for each control match I played after being frustrated running other deathmatch style lists.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Maybe we can try again T. I would love to grab a 310 sniper. I can follow instructions but I fear my reflexes have been dulled.

Ask Hawkian and puma and Dhruv and Vaal lol 4 o clock is supposed to come once a day, right before quitting time hehehe

I wont be able to do it any more today, as ive got little time and much else to do before daily reset. I might be up for a run or two tomorrow if ya still need

Cool. Can you tell me how to trigger it?

Daily story mission (Or equal mission on hard) when you run away after it say mission complete, after the 2nd room where you open the door, just go straight ahead into the strike location located there. You need a well equipped team.

Black Hammer 2.0 in Exotic form. You can get in by doing the Daily Story mission today, but you go elsewhere instead of where the Objective tells you. It leads to a really tough boss fight with a lot of adds that people are having trouble with.

I.E. Let's group up and do it.

Oh shit I need that. It will trivialize 80% of the raid. I'm signing on now!

phen0m24

What? We beat the big guy! Colonel Carry in full effect. With a team of mostly zombie noobs no less!

Teary eyed bro fist

what happened to Drizzay and Todd? haven't seen them post at all.

True those two have been awol. Where are our super heroes? :)

Drizzy last seen leveling up alts for multiple Oryx runs.

Todd last seen telling people not to underestimate warlocks.

Todd straight prophetic as Vaal jumped in last night to help us nail Oryx

So question for everyone, what are you keeping in your fault? My weapons and armor are full. I've been getting rid of Y1 exotics...I guess I need to get rid of all my bonds that I've hoarded for my Warlock.

KevinG

Am I pretty much out of luck going into the Daily Heroic with my light 267, and two others in the 280-290 range?

Not even going to attempt it if it's a waste of time.

There are whole quests dedicated to doing CoO. You don't have to have triggered a secret event to figure out you should come back there again.

You don't trigger a secret event, it happens in the background as you run past it.

Trust me, we weren't deviating from the path at all, it's in plain view as the game guides you past that area.

Lol nerfed BH isn't worth the effort required to get it. That final room is harder than any element of KF.

I tried 3 times on my break and I have no desire to try anymore. Bungie has the whole room full of shielded enemies like we have elemental primaries. lol bye Felicia.

Actually it seems like Solar is the best given everyone's recommendations here. If RC and I go Sunbreaker then can you go Sunsinger?

2 Sunbreakers plus a Sunsinger with the Touch of Flame nade build should do work with the adds.

Yes I can totally go Sunsinger. I had better results going Stormer but I'm willing to give Sunbro another shot.

noomi

So question for everyone, what are you keeping in your fault? My weapons and armor are full. I've been getting rid of Y1 exotics...I guess I need to get rid of all my bonds that I've hoarded for my Warlock.

I've recently had to start dismantling old stuff. It hurts.... keeping the good ones though.

Got rid of weapons like Hezen Vengeane, Song of Ir Yut, No Land Beyond, Dragons Breath....etc

Trying to keep all my raid armor though, which is proving to be difficult with all the new stuff coming in.

Deku Tree

Anyone for the final part of the exotic sword quest?

If you find someone, or already did find someone go ahead. I will be looking to do this in about an hour. I am going for the solar sword.

You can play it with randoms but they might kill your secondary boss too fast....

Ophelion

You don't trigger a secret event, it happens in the background as you run past it.

Trust me, we weren't deviating from the path at all, it's in plain view as the game guides you past that area.

Alright, I'll take your word for it, man. I was so focused on the objective I totally missed this.

Deku Tree

Can you grind the Taken Daily Side mission for that ship? If you already did it, is there any chance that the ship will drop if you do it again?

anx10us

Banned
For crucible, I found control by far the best match type.

You know where people are going to go/be and that helps a LOT.

Also, holding onto the heavy ammo until people have shot all their rockets on the other team. Stand sneaky-like around corners, wait, lunge.

I got an average of 3-5 kills for each control match I played after being frustrated running other deathmatch style lists.

Its easy and I suck at crucible, just equip the sword straight away with no ammo, run around like a loon and hit people with the hilt, its a 2 hit kill, a lot of the time they are already injured so 1 hit kills them. You also have the advantage of not attracting attention to yourself as you are just running around without a weapon and you aren't standing still shooting. Its actually a load of fun .. took me 4 games t get the 25 kills, I only got Heavy ammo once each round ..

KevinG

Am I pretty much out of luck going into the Daily Heroic with my light 267, and two others in the 280-290 range?

Not even going to attempt it if it's a waste of time.

For the new page, since I'd bet this question would be lost forever otherwise.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Me and a friend are doing the exotic sword quest, we're at the room before the boss. Game is open, join on me

PSN: ultrajari

Deku Tree

So apparently from Reddit the Black Hammer Rhunestone was a map.

BfJXppP.jpg

First Door:
11JgJ7F.jpg

Second Door:
JZHieti.jpg

Its easy and I suck at crucible, just equip the sword straight away with no ammo, run around like a loon and hit people with the hilt, its a 2 hit kill, a lot of the time they are already injured so 1 hit kills them. You also have the advantage of not attracting attention to yourself as you are just running around without a weapon and you aren't standing still shooting. Its actually a load of fun .. took me 4 games t get the 25 kills, I only got Heavy ammo once each round ..

lol I had NO idea this was possible. Are you kidding?

Top Bottom