• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What? It's an exploit. As in, not intended. They have every right to fix it as they see fit, when they see fit. Nothing "fucked" about it at all. God forbid you'd have to play the game as Bungie intended.
But that's the point. The 3oC themselves are not an exploit and can and have been used as intended. I like them. The chance of any strike boss having an exotic engram inside is exciting and fat-free!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What? It's an exploit. As in, not intended. They have every right to fix it as they see fit, when they see fit. Nothing "fucked" about it at all. God forbid you'd have to play the game as Bungie intended.

You're right, it's ridiculous and out of line to second guess anything Bungie does. And we all know playing the game "as bungie intended" has an absolutely sterling reputation, what with issues in vanilla directly related to that philosophy that immediately alienated many early adopters

Dave_6

Ugh, Destiny News/Planet Destiny just posted a pic of what is probably a raid drop on their Facebook. Please be warned!

Someone asked Bungie who was farthest in the raid:

SOPLJrB.png

Rehsa

All this raid hype is good to hear, I cannot wait until I can try it out. Even though I can't play like everyone else, at least I was able to finally activate my Moto X Pure with
Crap
izon. So not a completely dull day :)

Edit: ^ LOL

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It is an increasing chance at exotics at ultra kills, leading to people finding the fastest and most efficient way to maximixe their farm and usage of it.
That is very simply and completely fixable with a cooldown.
If you love patrols and public events, exotics are forever out of your reach.
Since you can acquire strange coins, engrams that become strange coins, and reputation that can become faction upgrades that can become strange coins, and Xur still sells exotics outright for strange coins, I must say that that's simply not true. Exotics are not forever out of your reach.

Obviously, if you only play patrols and public events it will take you longer to amass a collection of them, and I don't think that's totally inappropriate.
3oC is by design most efficient if you kill an ultra as quickly as possible, so you can pop another one.
Again, the only issue is how quickly "as quickly as possible" is, solvable with a cooldown.
So far it even seems that public ultras, i.e. taken and public bosses, don't have an effect of 3oC.
Now, that would be a good fix, definitely worthy of bringing to Bungie's attention.

My point is that I just want to see an increased reward for doing activities you love, instead of funneling players.

Edit: I'm so not worthy of being at the top of the page. Sorry everyone!
Outside of this cheese/abuse (exploit is not entirely accurate in this case, I feel), I don't see quite how the 3 of coins is all that removed from what you described. At the very least it does bestow an increased reward for players that enjoy either strikes or story missions. Possibly they're even consumed by raid bosses? Dunno yet. The caveat that it should simply also work on bosses in public spaces as well, I'm totally on board with.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'm such a curmudgeon. I see the exotic farming and think - why? Seriously. I love the feeling of that great loot drop, and short circuiting that so early is really unappealing to me. I'm looking forward to building out the exotic collection, not cheesing it in one day prior to an exploit getting patched. (This is more a commentary on me than you guys, but I still just don't get it.) It's like blitzing through all your presents in 3 minutes Christmas morning.

you are not alone with this feeling >>

Daemul

People keep sending me invites to join them to Raid lol, but I refuse to do it before I'm 100% prepared. Best that I hide myself offline for the moment.

Fear's Embrace is fucking impossible solo. This is the real raid.

I keep hearing about how hard this mission, I beat it in one short. If you're at the boss room I'll give you an easy strat, camp at the entrance and snipe the boss until adds come your way, clear the adds and then snipe the boss again. Continue until boss is dead.

easy way to do first raid encounter

split team into two teams of 3, one each side. Whoever touches the orb first gets the first deathsingers grasp on each side. Each team should run together to their side totem, you will be linked and in a white bubble. You should have two titans, one on each side. Assign one titan to first grab the orb, either side, and the second titan should not (so they don't both have to run to the middle at the same time).

Now you kill stuff on your side, let the titans kill first to get their supers up. After 30 secs you will get a debuff and one person will get a debuff Deathsingers Something x10. That person, on each side, needs to run to the middle platform and stand there until the debuff is gone (it lights up a rune). Then they run back to their platform, while the next person who gets Deathsinger x10 runs to the middle.

By having two titans in alternate positions you have a titan bubble up in the middle always, protecting you from damage. Don't kill yellow adepts in the middle, they make mobs go crazy when they die. Generate orbs for the titans as much as you can. You should always have a bubble up in the middle. Other people should be helping clear Knights which are the things that kill you fast.

If you don't have two titans you will have to survive being in the middle while the debuff gets pulled out, that can get exceedingly hard later on. Guess you have to kill a lot more stuff.

No one can die, it ruins the timing of everything and the totems will wipe you. Don't run away from the totem until you have both Deathsinger x10 AND the other buff, weave or something like that. Only then are you safe to run to the middle. You have plenty of time so no reason to rush. Two (or more) titans really makes the encounter much easier.

Lee

Damn, Goth and Broman
were so close.These witches are to Oryx what the gatekeepers are to Atheon. They're almost there.

People keep sending me invites to join them to Raid lol, but I refuse to do it before I'm 100% prepared. Best that I hide myself offline for the moment.

I keep hearing about how hard this mission, I beat it in one short. If you're at the boss room I'll give you an easy strat, camp at the entrance and snipe the boss until adds come your way, clear the adds and then snipe the boss again. Continue until boss is dead.

Yeah that's probably what I will end up doing, I had to stop for now. I was playing it normally, like running laps around the tiny room and it was just so infuriating. Pseudo-cheese it is then (but later once I've cooled my jets).

BearPawB

Banned
It's not an exploit. It save some time sure. But that mission takes like 5 minutes start to finish:
Also at some level, you can only have 2 exotics anyway. It's not like people are getting full gear sets

And yes they work on bosses in public spaces

Ophelion

I don't agree I think with some practice that it will be come like crota and vault was.

It's just because this is the first time doing it that it looks crazy.

Not to mention as more and more people gear up, that always helps even things out quite a bit.

Fear's Embrace is fucking impossible solo. This is the real raid.

Edit: Nah fuck this for now. The amount of bullshit that the boss summons at half health is completely absurd.
I soloed it...there is a small alcove you can take cover in on the top level. Avoids the poison, avoids the fire, and funnels enemies on front of you.

I'm such a curmudgeon. I see the exotic farming and think - why? Seriously. I love the feeling of that great loot drop, and short circuiting that so early is really unappealing to me. I'm looking forward to building out the exotic collection, not cheesing it in one day prior to an exploit getting patched. (This is more a commentary on me than you guys, but I still just don't get it.) It's like blitzing through all your presents in 3 minutes Christmas morning.

i totally agree but i wanted to try it out since i missed loot cave but i was going to limit myself to one new exo.

i did 10 engrams
got 7 invectives and 3 Alpha Lupi Hunters
was mad
tried again
got another 15 engrams
15 Alpha Lupis
broke now with a vault full of crap.

you can abuse the "three of coins" that Xur has if you have a bunch of strange coins to burn. Use one, slather yourself in cheese, kill a story boss and yourself at the same time with a rocket, respawn, use another, repeat a bunch of times get a bunch of exotics

Three of Coins are also awesome used as intended, i.e. start up a vanguard strike streak and use one per strike

Grats! what's the new perk on it anyway?

Oh no I was under the impression someone figured out a way to farm STRANGE coins. I can't get three of coins until I get more strange coins. I burned all of my coins on a bunch of helms of inmost light.

Played a game of Skirmish with randoms.

They needed one more kill to win and we had under 4000. Somehow we came back to win.

https://youtu.be/ImTmlyYtGhg

I didn't want to upload the full video but at one point it was like 400-1700. I thought we were gonna get mercy ruled.

Best part is the Dragon guy with a .25k/d getting the clutch kill at the very end so that the bladedancer can win it.

Really fun match.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
had no idea that hawkian was a never-nude
the more you know :>
It's not an exploit. It save some time sure. But that mission takes like 5 minutes start to finish:
Also at some level, you can only have 2 exotics anyway. It's not like people are getting full gear sets
~4-5 per minute is a bit of a difference than 1 per 5 minutes, no? he goes down in seconds
And yes they work on bosses in public spaces
That on the other hand is great news, and reinforces my thinking that the 3oC is a great addition to the game.

Top Bottom