• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GhaleonEB

i totally agree but i wanted to try it out since i missed loot cave but i was going to limit myself to one new exo.

i did 10 engrams
got 7 invectives and 3 Alpha Lupi Hunters
was mad
tried again
got another 15 engrams
15 Alpha Lupis

broke now with a vault full of crap.

That's kind of amazing. :lol

Raid: spoiler tag your drops, your everything!

Something just occured to me - people are racking up exotics now, but Bungie will be rolling out more year 2 versions of old exotics later, post-patch. So people won't be able to get everything.

neoism

i now that most will want to be playing the raid or watch it anyone at all playing ELMINATION could you play with me please.... i swear these randoms

rageface......

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ToC doesn't even need a cool down. What it needs is to only apply to killing bosses from the weekly heroic, nightfall, or raids.
Hmmm. I dunno. that would make it sort of exclusionary. I really like it applying to any strike boss and public patrol ultras or for beating an old story mission that ordinarily wouldn't dream of dropping an exotic. It's just a chance after all. The real problem here is merely being able to literally use more than one per minute, nigh-infinitely for some people with huge stacks of coins.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's kind of amazing. :lol

Raid: spoiler tag your drops, your everything!

Something just occured to me - people are racking up exotics now, but Bungie will be rolling out more year 2 versions of old exotics later, post-patch. So people won't be able to get everything.
A good number of exotics are tied to quests as well. Those don't come from engrams.

ocean

Banned
Hmmm. I dunno. that would make it sort of exclusionary. I really like it applying to any strike boss and public patrol ultras or for beating an old story mission that ordinarily wouldn't dream of dropping an exotic. It's just a chance after all. The real problem here is merely being able to literally use more than one per minute, nigh-infinitely for some people with huge stacks of coins.
Tbf this is a small selection of the community (the most hardcore) and they'll be done with this by the time it's patched.

After that an average player will make what, 20 Coins a week? And you need them for the actual stuff Xur sells.

This was a mishap but in many ways the damage is done. It should've just been exotic chance at reward screen and none of this would have happened

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Raid clock at 4 hrs 25 mins?
Tbf this is a small selection of the community (the most hardcore) and they'll be done with this by the time it's patched.

After that an average player will make what, 20 Coins a week? And you need them for the actual stuff Xur sells.

This was a mishap but in many ways the damage is done. It should've just been exotic chance at reward screen and none of this would have happened
I agree... except...

:[

Seeing an actual exotic engram pop out of the boss is really satisfying :-[

But that's the point. The 3oC themselves are not an exploit and can and have been used as intended. I like them. The chance of any strike boss having an exotic engram inside is exciting and fat-free!

From DeeJ's tweet, it looks like they are attacking the results, and not the problem. The drop rate isn't too good, it's just the no cooldown/checkpoint exploit that's the problem. After they fix it, no one will use it. Who's going to stop and use one before a boss if there is a 1% drop rate increase. It will be like ether seeds and black wax idols that just clog up inventory space.

Ophelion

Maybe the answer is just to scale back the drop rate for SC a bit. I mean, they rain from the sky like I'm play New Super Mario Bros now. I went from 0 to 67 just in this week and I wasn't even trying to farm coins.

Few SC means fewer ToC, means fewer attempts, means no "legitimate strategy" farming.

Shito

Should just have a 5 or even 10 minutes cooldown on use and voilà.
You are supposed to run a whole mission / strike in between two ultra kills, so 5 or even 10 minutes would work perfectly, and it would negate the whole farming method thing.
Having the exotic pop up from the boss is really better than getting it on the result screen and having the notification bug out on the loading screen right afterwards... :D
One of their best (and underrated) changes in the game is getting engrams to pop from dead bosses.

Should just have a 5 or even 10 minutes cooldown on use and voilà.
You are supposed to run a whole mission / strike in between two ultra kills, so 5 or even 10 minutes would work perfectly, and it would negate the whole farming method thing.
Having the exotic pop up from the boss is really better than getting it on the result screen and having the notification bug out on the loading screen right afterwards... :D
One of their best (and underrated) changes in the game is getting engrams to pop from dead bosses.

this would make people waiting for their cooldowns in order to progress which is anti fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
From DeeJ's tweet, it looks like they are attacking the results, and not the problem. The drop rate isn't too good, it's just the no cooldown/checkpoint exploit that's the problem. After they fix it, no one will use it. Who's going to stop and use one before a boss if there is a 1% drop rate increase. It will be like ether seeds and black wax idols that just clog up inventory space.
You don't use your glimmer consumables? :eek: hehe

I'm holding out hope that DeeJ had only a cursory understanding of the situation when he made that "drop rate" comment. Basically ,that would be the worst of all possible solutions- even potentially NOT fixing the problem, depending on how powerful the stacking effect is from "misses vs hits." It count make them ONLY worthwhile to use for crazy en-masse farming. D:
Maybe the answer is just to scale back the drop rate for SC a bit. I mean, they rain from the sky like I'm play New Super Mario Bros now. I went from 0 to 67 just in this week and I wasn't even trying to farm coins.

Few SC means fewer ToC, means fewer attempts, means no "legitimate strategy" farming.
Hmmmm nah, I don't think that solves it. I mean, think about how different the acquisition rate is for players that don't play as much- and it's not like 3oC are the only thing Xur sells!

Mainly it's been a thing because of the massive, ridiculous stacks of coins year 1 players already had saved up

The loot for the raid is really starting to piss me off.
Everything is shards and we've only gotten one taken ghost and a sniper to show for our troubles.
I thought this was fixed?

Shito

The loot for the raid is really starting to piss me off.
Everything is shards and we've only gotten one taken ghost to show for our troubles.
I thought this was fixed?
From what I've seen on streams, it looks like the same system as in CE: usually a few people get something on loot drops.
I take it Oryx itself guarantees something on its first kill, like Crota did?

it would be faster to do the same thing we do now but in a strike which creates the having to wait around problem.
This would be the point of the cooldown: make people realize they might as well run an whole other strike than wait 5 or more minutes in front of the boss checkpoint.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it would be faster to do the same thing we do now but in a strike which creates the having to wait around problem.
I'm sorry, you're saying in the event of a 5 minute cooldown you'd prefer to still just have a full fireteam kill themselves on completion before attempting to kill the same boss dozens of times in a row... and it's the cooldown that's anti-fun?

What is your preferred solution to this anyway :-/

Top Bottom