• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I feel like I´m not making progress anymore. Most of you moved way past me and almost every quest I have to do is too hard to solo.

Here´s what I have to do:

poRvT6g.png

6rJFmdk.png

)

If you're stuck at work like I am, this is what I do:

ThY6Dpm.png

They were right. It's overwhelming the amount of stuff to do post-main story.

Just saw the abilities for the Impossible Machines that Xur is selling.

It automatically gives you the shockwave upgrade so you can equip the 2x chaining and just have both? This new Warlock subclass is ridiculous for crowd control. I'm going to have to start playing more Control.

wow... 25 pages in already
100ppp MASTER RACE
. Great job, once again, Drizzay, on the OP OT! :)

need some Xursday advice. do you think it's worth getting the year 2 exotic armor that he's selling? do smart rewards apply to the year 2 exotics if we have year 1 versions? i currently have around 400 SC, but i don't wanna just burn through them.

Nirran

Can anyone assist with killing the Champions on earth? I've killed the guy in the divide thanks to a random person but these are impossible to solo. Ps4 name is nirran

matmanx1

I didn't have much time to test it (over Remote Play, no less) but The Jade Rabbit is really strong.

2 successive body shots and then a head shot seems to be about a 33% damage increase over just a normal critical. And you get all your bullets back! It also works across multiple enemies. 2 body shots on a dreg and then a head shot on a vandal next to him will also refund all three rounds and net you the damage bonus.

With Extended Mag it has 11 rounds, which is low, but is offset by the high impact and encourages smart use of body and head shots to refund ammo. It also has play and spray so it reloads super fast when the magazine is empty.

The only downside for me is that it doesn't handle as sweetly as the Hung Jury SR4. It has a pronounced "bounce" after each shot, more like a hand cannon. Even with the "Zen Moment" perk unlocked it is just not as smooth as the SR4. Even so, Jade Rabbit is a very powerful scout rifle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do exotic engrams go to the post master?
yup yup
wow... 25 pages in already
100ppp MASTER RACE
. Great job, once again, Drizzay, on the OP OT! :)

need some Xursday advice. do you think it's worth getting the year 2 exotic armor that he's selling? do smart rewards apply to the year 2 exotics if we have year 1 versions? i currently have around 400 SC, but i don't wanna just burn through them.
kinda doubt it, but Year 2 versions of Year 1 exotic armor pieces have new perks! It's worth buying a handful if there's something you're aiming at.

The Skyburner' Annex which I didn't even know I wanted is awesome, awesome fun

Ophelion

Just saw the abilities for the Impossible Machines that Xur is selling.

It automatically gives you the shockwave upgrade so you can equip the 2x chaining and just have both? This new Warlock subclass is ridiculous for crowd control. I'm going to have to start playing more Control.

It's even better in PvE from what I've seen. As long as I'm on level for the content I'm doing, the lightning stunlocks my main target and murders all the trash around me without me having to focus on them. Storm Trance can get a Warlock out of a sticky situation in a hurry!

Did you make that excel yourself? Thanks I needed a checklist

Haha. Yeah. I mostly wanted a way to know what Quests I could line up and work on simultaneously. I also wanted to know how many steps were in a quest and what the rewards are. i'm still at 260 light, so I'm prioritizing blue rewards first, then as I get higher level, do the ones that give legendary rewards.

I do all this theorycrafting on breaks at work, then I sit down at home and just play and never really reference all this. But's it's fun all the same.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'll be home in a bit over an hour, still no imminent destruction of Three of Coins correct?

Explain the benefit of the Gauntlets/i.e. what Landfall is and what you can choose in addition if you're wearing em? plz!

Landfall is the AoE nuke when you activate super. A mutually exclusive perk that the gauntlets let you also have is the one that makes your Palpatine lightning chain farther/hit more targets then the norm. It's a nice combo that is otherwise not possible without the gauntlets.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's even better in PvE from what I've seen. As long as I'm on level for the content I'm doing, the lightning stunlocks my main target and murders all the trash around me without me having to focus on them. Storm Trance can get a Warlock out of a sticky situation in a hurry!
Explain the benefit of the Gauntlets/i.e. what Landfall is and what you can choose in addition if you're wearing em? plz!

Is anyone looking to do Petra's quest and is up to the Mars part? If so I would like to join someone or have someone join me. PSN: HTVfanatic

Juraash

Landfall basically creates a lighting aoe on super activation. These gauntlets allow you to have this perk while choosing from either am increased chaining effect or the ability to blink while your super is active.

Also Hawk, Susanoo is so great. It has made me look at fusions completely differently.

Schryver

Just hit 40 on my Titan and am at 204 light with 17 strange coins. Should I just get the Titan helm from xur now so I can get better drops and stuff or go for the helm engram and chance it when I get more coins? And then get the Titan one before xur leaves if necessary?

Landfall is when you cast your super you generate a big AoE lightning blast under you; this lets you run into a group of enemies and cast it or if you're surrounded you can cast it to give you some breathing room. This is a talent, but the gloves automatically give it to you so it lets you pick either increased chain lightning distance or teleport while in Stormtrance while keeping Landfall.

Ophelion

Can do!

Landfall is a massive lightning bolt that falls from the sky like I just shouted "SHAZAM!!!!"

It vaporizes all nearby jerks who thought they could melee the squishy Warlock.

Getting it for free with the gauntlets means I can use the perk that doubles my chains off the lightning and keep that benefit.

My favorite use of landfall is gliding in over a large mob, popping Trance and then cleaning up the stronger enemies that survive by lining up as many as I can at once and stunlocking all of them while my fireteam laughs and takes potshots.

so for the exotic engram thing, do you just use one three of coins per each time you kill the boss, or do you wait for an engram to drop before popping another one?

i'm not going to farm it too much, i just want to get a few exotics to start off with

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
okay well that sounds awesome. bonus points for captain marvel reference.
so for the exotic engram thing, do you just use one three of coins per each time you kill the boss, or do you wait for an engram to drop before popping another one?

i'm not going to farm it too much, i just want to get a few exotics to start off with
One per life.

kidko

Oh derp never mind i have 107 coins yay. Warlock arms and maybe an engram, then 3 of coins ahoy!

People enjoying the raid so far?

It's one coin per kill, regardless of if an emblem drops or not.

Haha. Yeah. I mostly wanted a way to know what Quests I could line up and work on simultaneously. I also wanted to know how many steps were in a quest and what the rewards are. i'm still at 260 light, so I'm prioritizing blue rewards first, then as I get higher level, do the ones that give legendary rewards.

I do all this theorycrafting on breaks at work, then I sit down at home and just play and never really reference all this. But's it's fun all the same.

Haha I do the same thing but not to this level. Is there an explanation of what quest to do in what order or is that not factored in?

If you're stuck at work like I am, this is what I do:

ThY6Dpm.png

They were right. It's overwhelming the amount of stuff to do post-main story.
I love it when games make me think I'm done, then give me a ton of post "ending" stuff to do. Somehow that's more satisfying to me than just a long playthrough and a hard finish.

The quests don't stop, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

Haha I do the same thing but not to this level. Is there an explanation of what quest to do in what order or is that not factored in?

Not really, that would be some dedication. It's mostly about what trying to find Quests that synergize and reward well. It's not a smart spreadsheet or anything, because I have Quests marked as Patrol, when it'll be Story on the next step, etc.

Duuuuuuuuuude....

That's dedication!

Nah. It's a lunch break with Excel and knowing I can only play 45 minutes tonight. Gotta min-max that time!

akileese

Anyone need heroic daily on xbox? I'm 248. I might be able to lay back and solo it...but I'd rather not try if I can find people who need it.

Top Bottom