• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hedge

I don't really like the concept of the 3oC. I'd rather they do something like Diablo, where there is a fixed chance at loot, but if you go X amount of hours/kills without a legendary, the chance increases slightly until it drops.
That would reward all playstyles, and not just cheesy exploits like Draksis.

But oh well, it is what it is.

Zhalo Supercell = Mini Thunderlord! Man this AR is gonna be awesome. Chain lightning is always a good thing.

That loot cave 2.0 is the real deal. I only purchased 26 3 of Coins, and I got 8 exotics from Draksis. Got the Taikonaut Helm for my Titan, which puts tracking on every rocket launcher along with Third Eye; got the Empyrean Bellicose, and some Year 2 helms, along with a Suros Regime. Pretty happy with this haul so far!

Explain the benefit of the Gauntlets/i.e. what Landfall is and what you can choose in addition if you're wearing em? plz!

Landfall is like an AoE on start up of the Super around you. I haven't tested it much though, I keep on switching towards the new perk that gets unlocked to see what the new one does.
Its perk is basically sexually arousing to me
I finally got it leveled yesterday, and it was so cool see it change Elemental color on the scope after I tossed a grenade

Juraash

Its perk is basically sexually arousing to me

Well try using it man lol. I was running around the Dreadnaught last night using it like it was a primary. It melts basically everything, the damage is insane.

Also it's Omolon, so it looks great and sounds better.

DarKshodaN

Zhalo Supercell = Mini Thunderlord! Man this AR is gonna be awesome. Chain lightning is always a good thing.

That loot cave 2.0 is the real deal. I only purchased 26 3 of Coins, and I got 8 exotics from Draksis. Got the Taikonaut Helm for my Titan, which puts tracking on every rocket launcher along with Third Eye; got the Empyrean Bellicose, and some Year 2 helms, along with a Suros Regime. Pretty happy with this haul so far!

Yeah this Gun is a beast, loving it! It wrecks in PvE

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's this strange coin farming method people are talking about?
you can abuse the "three of coins" that Xur has if you have a bunch of strange coins to burn. Use one, slather yourself in cheese, kill a story boss and yourself at the same time with a rocket, respawn, use another, repeat a bunch of times get a bunch of exotics

Three of Coins are also awesome used as intended, i.e. start up a vanguard strike streak and use one per strike
AWWWW YISSSSSS!!!
gambled on an exotic helm engram from Xur on my titan
year 2 Saint-14 GOT!!! wut wut!!!
Grats! what's the new perk on it anyway?

Stantron

Incoming 3oC nerf...
Well, good morning, Reddit!

I was just conferring with the Design Team about how Three of Coins is performing in the wild. It is their assessment, and yours as well, given the context of the dialogue here, that the drop rates are too damn high. For now, this will play in your favor...

You earned those coins. Have fun spending them. The Nine may be delighted that you're blowing them all now.

As always, thanks for being an outstanding source of feedback and awareness. We like you just fine.

DeeJ, out.

Nirran

Things are moving fast so checking again. Looking for one or two people for help with killing the champions in the rocket yard and the skywatch. Ps4 name is nirran. Would really appreciate it.

Well try using it man lol. I was running around the Dreadnaught last night using it like it was a primary. It melts basically everything, the damage is insane.

Also it's Omolon, so it looks great and sounds better.

it is an excellent Fusion Rifle to deal with the Cabal and especially that pesky Taken Captain. Bye bye Wizards

todd360

Todd what happened? You missed the raid boat.

Told Fig multiple times that I was going to work at 6 am so I could be ready to raid as soon as everyone was ready to go. Get home and find out that they started as soon as possible. Didn't even consider waiting for me from the looks of it. I was prepared to wait until Saturday if need be to make sure that our whole group could go in fresh together. I thought that we were all good friends, but I guess not. Playing with them fresh meant more to me than the actual raid.

I'm pretty upset right now.

Awesome. Grinded for a few more SC to buy another round of ToC. Only one engram dropped, but it decoded into year 2 Monte Carlo. Monte Carlo was the only year 1 exotic I never got and was given to me during Veterans Tour. Really happy that I get to enjoy the Monte Carlo now as a early year 2 drop.

you can abuse the "three of coins" that Xur has if you have a bunch of strange coins to burn. Use one, slather yourself in cheese, kill a story boss and yourself at the same time with a rocket, respawn, use another, repeat a bunch of times get a bunch of exotics

Three of Coins are also awesome used as intended, i.e. start up a vanguard strike streak and use one per strike

Grats! what's the new perk on it anyway?

it's sort of meh... infusion for 'nades

FINALLY! phase 3
war priest
bites the dust.

Wow, that was an MMO fight if I ever saw one. My head is going to roll off of my neck if anyone thinks this game doesn't have meaningful subclasses.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
loot drops are garbage, it's vog all over again

shards, nothing but shards.

LUKE you promised us this won't happen :(
you beat it?
I don't really like the concept of the 3oC. I'd rather they do something like Diablo, where there is a fixed chance at loot, but if you go X amount of hours/kills without a legendary, the chance increases slightly until it drops.
That would reward all playstyles, and not just cheesy exploits like Draksis.

But oh well, it is what it is.
Well that's how the 3 of coins work, an increasing chance with each until a drop occurs. but for exotics only of course. The story mission self-kill exploit isn't tied to the operating mechanism of the 3oC so much as the fact that there's no cooldown at all on using them.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The short fix might be to just pull it from Xur's inventory.

That would be entirely fucked and the worst of all possible options. The worst thing they can do is say "grats to everyone who's been able to farm this all day, those of you just getting home can eat shit."

EloquentM

aka Mannny
my buddy jumped on my account to engram farm for me cause work shucks

EEtOoQR.png

This just got in, courtesy of a very generous gaffer :)

ZDeer7T.png

Thanks again Wallach! Looking forward to hearing my Arnold in HD.

edit: whoops didn't mean to include the spoiler.

ocean

Banned
3oC solution: create stacking % for exotic Engram to drop in rewards screen instead of bursting from boss.

Problem solved.

ethomaz

Banned
It is just me or the Heroic Weekly Strike give 10 Legendary Marks every time you finish it.

So there is no cap in the week... you can grind it.

Kalamari

Do players understand that all of the exotic armor drops contain random stats? In other words, yes, exotics are easier to get, but the odds of getting a really good drop is still rare.

That would be entirely fucked and the worst of all possible options. The worst thing they can do is say "grats to everyone who's been able to farm this all day, those of you just getting home can eat shit."

What? It's an exploit. As in, not intended. They have every right to fix it as they see fit, when they see fit. Nothing "fucked" about it at all. God forbid you'd have to play the game as Bungie intended.

Hedge

you beat it?

Well that's how the 3 of coins work, an increasing chance with each until a drop occurs. but for exotics only of course. The story mission self-kill exploit isn't tied to the operating mechanism of the 3oC so much as the fact that there's no cooldown at all on using them.

It is an increasing chance at exotics at ultra kills, leading to people finding the fastest and most efficient way to maximixe their farm and usage of it.
The other way, has an increased chance across the board over x amount of time without a drop. That means, that if RNG is incredibly cruel to you, it you play around enough, a drop will happen. If you love patrols and public events, exotics are forever out of your reach. 3oC is by design most efficient if you kill an ultra as quickly as possible, so you can pop another one.
So far it even seems that public ultras, i.e. taken and public bosses, don't have an effect of 3oC.

My point is that I just want to see an increased reward for doing activities you love, instead of funneling players.

Edit: I'm so not worthy of being at the top of the page. Sorry everyone!

Do players understand that all of the exotic armor drops contain random stats? In other words, yes, exotics are easier to get, but the odds of getting a really good drop is still rare.

I mean what is "really good stats?" if anything you can just keep on buying the exotic from the exotic holder until you get a roll you like

Fear's Embrace is fucking impossible solo. This is the real raid.

Edit: Nah fuck this for now. The amount of bullshit that the boss summons at half health is completely absurd.

Top Bottom