• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's radical that the top Destiny streamers just so happen to be the closest to finishing the raid first.
not to get too metaphysical or anything but how would we know if a non-streaming group was further than them at this moment? o_O

Shito

yeah, at reset. oh shit I see what you're saying. sorry.

We're about to hit the 5 hour mark on this one right? Are the top groups at Oryx?
Yep.
Goth's team doesn't seem to make much progress though.
I can very well see them take a few more hours on him...

not to get too metaphysical or anything but how would we know if a non-streaming group was further than them at this moment? o_O
Bungie hyped them on their twitter, saying they are in the fastest at the moment.
Could be bullshit to boost their audience, though... ^^

ocean

Banned
Don't really care about the loot tbh. It's the least important thing in the game given that we all get absolutely everything sooner or later.

This Raid is the best thing in the game. This is fantastically cool. Haven't gotten any loot, don't give a fuck

Oh lord TLW quest. . .how far are most people. I am at 9% and I think I found the best technique--I just started 4 minutes ago. Pick an objective gameplay and ignore the objective

Juraash

lol what material

For the sword you need hadium flakes. You get them from chests on the Dreadnaught. I found the Mausoleum to be a good source of respawning chests, probably spent about 30-40 minutes max gathering the 25 I needed. Also you'll need 10 motes of light.

Kyne

Bungie outright said that the 3 closest people were part of their fireteam? I guess they could have been spouting it for fun? Mhm.

ocean

Banned
Thanks, wow I was way off lol. Surely this one won't be cleared quicker than normal CE. It's so short compared to the VoG.
VoG took that long because blind Gorgon Maze is just insane, not because it's big or hard. That part is just a pain because exploration = wipe = tons of time lost.

Take away insta wipe maze and clear times would have been hours and hours shorter at launch

D_psipher

Working from home today and I am technically done for the day but the client changed the deadline to a project to the an hour after work ends. You all are keeping me sane. Can't wait to get back in the game. There is sooo much to do. I need to get my light level up for the raid and nightfall. I will be joining you soon fellow guardians.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Done with work for the dayyyyyy YESS

Okay okay first things right somebody please tell me- What is the quest I need to do to get my SWORD? TELL ME I SAID

incredible.

The quest for the sword is called 'a broken will' which you will obtain after finishing the story missions and completing a quest from cayde called 'Dread Patrol.'
Afterwards go and talk to Eris in the tower and she will give you the quest ^^

Good luck!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep.
Goth's team doesn't seem to make much progress though.
I can very well see them take a few more hours on him...

Bungie hyped them on their twitter, saying they are in the fastest at the moment.
Could be bullshit to boost their audience, though... ^^
What I mean is- it's easy for them to tell if they're the fastest between the groups that are streaming right now- but how can they tell about a group that isn't streaming at all? In other words, what if a group that no one knows about is 10 seconds from beating Oryx right now!

This is all just academic though- it's not a coincidence that the groups that are streaming and the groups that are busting through it the fastest are overlapping.

Dave_6

VoG took that long because blind Gorgon Maze is just insane, not because it's big or hard. That part is just a pain because exploration = wipe = tons of time lost.

Take away insta wipe maze and clear times would have been hours and hours shorter at launch

Yeah you're right. That part still causes problems nowadays lol.

Your impressions of this raid have me hyped for real though!

Shito

What I mean is- it's easy for them to tell if they're the fastest between the groups that are streaming right now- but how can they tell about a group that isn't streaming at all? In other words, what if a group that no one knows about is 10 seconds from beating Oryx right now!

This is all just academic though- it's not a coincidence that the groups that are streaming and the groups that are busting through it the fastest are overlapping.
Bungie can know, they have analytics on all that.
They probably have tracking set up to know who does what and reaches which phase.
We have LOTS of that on the social I'm working on.

Bold One

finally have some time to sink my teeth into this,

I saw a guy kill me with a sword in PvP, I must have one

where are the swords?!!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also you'll need 10 motes of light.
Oh ok I'll try ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
They probably have tracking set up to know who does what and reaches which phase.
I'm absolutely positive they can know who has reached which checkpoint and when down to the second.

If they can tell exactly what HP a boss is at for every fireteam in the game at any given moment, I would be shocked to absolute crap.

ocean

Banned
Yeah you're right. That part still causes problems nowadays lol.

Your impressions of this raid have me hyped for real though!
It's just that it suits my preferences. It's not a one man show or bullet sponges. It's huge and there's mechanics and puzzles and beautiful areas, open ones and narrow ones, basically everything I could have wanted.

Don't listen to me tho. Don't know what others have said. Has reception been positive? Can't read while playing just taking a small break from getting wrecked constantly :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm absolutely positive they can know who has reached which checkpoint and when down to the second.

If they can tell exactly what HP a boss is at for every fireteam in the game at any given moment, I would be shocked to absolute crap.

Dave_6

It's just that it suits my preferences. It's not a one man show or bullet sponges. It's huge and there's mechanics and puzzles and beautiful areas, open ones and narrow ones, basically everything I could have wanted.

Don't listen to me tho. Don't know what others have said. Has reception been positive? Can't read while playing just taking a small break from getting wrecked constantly :p

From what I can tell they all seem to be pretty positive. I have seen a few posts complaining about drops though.

Shito

Oh, ok, gotcha.
Yeah, they probably know which group is at which phase, and hype up the only one for the moment streaming themselves.
Like VoG and CE, the first down will probably be from a group that does not stream itself.

[EDIT]
Top of the page, in honour of our benefactor today.

uXaTAGP.jpg

Trace

Banned
I'm staying away from this thread because of raid spoilers until I play it later tonight, but anyone for Skirmish? Need it for a quest.

kuYuri

So I finally picked up Destiny TTK legendary edition, previously I only played the trial version up until it ends months ago.

Is there some kind of guide I can read to catch up on stuff? I've seen so many new things that I'm confused about while playing (new enemy types that weren't there originally, random stuff that I pick up that doesn't really explain what the hell it is, etc).

Top Bottom