• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

FyreWulff

Thanks, wow I was way off lol. Surely this one won't be cleared quicker than normal CE. It's so short compared to the VoG.

As someone pointed out, the maze was a curveball outta nowhere, but also people didn't have Destiny's "system" down to muscle memory at that point.

Now people have a year of knowing 'what' a raid is for Destiny, have it's perks/etc systems down, etc etc.

Ophelion

So I finally picked up Destiny TTK legendary edition, previously I only played the trial version up until it ends months ago.

Is there some kind of guide I can read to catch up on stuff? I've seen so many new things that I'm confused about while playing (new enemy types that weren't there originally, random stuff that I pick up that doesn't really explain what the hell it is, etc).

Welcome to the party, pal!

Ask your questions and they shall be answered in the order received.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I finally picked up Destiny TTK legendary edition, previously I only played the trial version up until it ends months ago.

Is there some kind of guide I can read to catch up on stuff? I've seen so many new things that I'm confused about while playing (new enemy types that weren't there originally, random stuff that I pick up that doesn't really explain what the hell it is, etc).
Hey! There's no real catch-up guide. There's kinda too much to really put into a guide to cover everything! Just start by going through the story missions and explore at your own pace. Talk to all the Tower and Reef NPCs, do some quests, some patrols/bounties, some strikes, some Crucible, see what you like.

Here is a guide to the new style of progression the game uses, which can help throughout.

Would anyone like to help me with the vanguard heroic strike?

I just reached light level 268 and I'm getting totally destroyed in matchmaking, it seems every team I've been in keeps dying in the beginning.

PSN: Jignxs

I exploited the crap out of the Three of Coins today for the following:

The Stag
Light Beyond Nemesis
Suros Regime
Jade Rabbit
4th Horseman
Hereafter x2
Impossible Machines
Claws of Ahamkara

I feel a little dirty but I have a baby on the way so playing time may be limited in the future.

neoism

I should be able to join up with you at some point over the weekend if you still need help. I think I just got super lucky doing it with randoms who knew the score with Elimination

thats cool im 1/25

24 games lost i my have a break down i just dont understand why i always have to be on the losing team

every damn game..

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

G_Berry

Banned
I exploited the crap out of the Three of Coins today for the following:

The Stag
Light Beyond Nemesis
Suros Regime
Jade Rabbit
4th Horseman
Hereafter x2
Impossible Machines
Claws of Ahamkara

I feel a little dirty but I have a baby on the way so playing time may be limited in the future.

Can you explain how this works? Both the coins and how you exploited them?

Did the 3oC exploit for afew hours. May haul so far.

year 2 Suros
Year 2 hawkmoon x2
Year 2 last word
Year 2 inventive
Year 2 crest of alpha lupi for hunter x 2
Year 2 crest for Titan x2
Year 2 HOPF
Lots of helmet engrams that were dupes. Missing just two of the new helmet exotics for Hunter and warlock. Got 4/6

Brand new sniper called Looks sexy as hell.

This was from a total of like 60 3oC. I had over 600 coins last night and now I am at 200. I think I will stop. Kinda hoping for the telesto so maybe i will try it again later before it's patched.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can you explain how this works? Both the coins and how you exploited them?
Buy many Three of Coins consumables from Xur. Start up a story mission with an easy Ultra boss like Scourge of Winter or whatever. Eat a 3oC. Kill the boss and yourself at the same time with a rocket. Respawn. Eat another. Kill boss and self Again. Live. Die. Repeat.

alternatively, don't do this cause getting new Exotics spread over the long course of your playing Destiny is fun!
You only get marks in PVP from your accounts first Daily PVP match. After that, zilch.
legendary drops aren't all that uncommon, so not tooootally zilch

my raid group, from twitch chat:

you guys need to kill adds before attacking ogre. when you kill adds, one person pulls gaze. others shoot the light orb above orge in direct hes facing. it drops. ogre is focused on the one and 4 people stand in light and shoot stomach. when gaze is at 4 second person behind ogre pulls gaze
rinse and repeat

purg3

slept with Malkin
Well that exotic farming with coins is no joke. In the almost 2 hours since I've been home, I've acquired the following.

Saint 14
Inmost Light
Celestial Nighthawk
Obsidian Mind
Crest (hunter)
Crest (titan)
Impossible Machines
Sealed Ahamkara whatever gloves
Immolation Fists
4th Horseman
The Hearafter
Suros
Invective
TLW lol :(

BraXzy

Did this draxis mission 5 times and nothing man

Don't redo the entire mission, kill Draksis and yourself at the end and then respawn, pop another coin and repeat. Recommendation is snipe him 4 times then run up and rocket the floor next to him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well that exotic farming with coins is no joke. In the almost 2 hours since I've been home, I've acquired the following.

Saint 14
Inmost Light
Celestial Nighthawk
Obsidian Mind
Crest (hunter)
Crest (titan)
Impossible Machines
Sealed Ahamkara whatever gloves
Immolation Fists
4th Horseman
The Hearafter
Suros
Invective
TLW lol :(
grrrr at least I can buy it from the kiosk lol

also Sealed Ahamkara gloves kick substantial ass on Nightstalker

Anyone know where I can farm fallen captain kills for the Omolon sniper? The captain in ember caves isnt counting towards it.

Forgotten Shores on Earth worked well for me. There's two Captains that spawn in the area. The first shipwreck you see has one and the one to the right of that also spawns one. Just keep alternating between them.

SkylineRKR

Did this draxis mission 5 times and nothing man

You killed him only 5 times? Thats nothing. I think the coins effect stacks, I tend to get waves of drops later down the line. Just pop one before you cap him and yourself every time, you'll eventually see golden orbs lying about.

purg3

slept with Malkin
grrrr at least I can buy it from the kiosk lol

also Sealed Ahamkara gloves kick substantial ass on Nightstalker

I'm trying to get Taikonaut but having 0 luck. Cryptarch just keeps giving Saint 14's. I think I'm up to 7 of them now.

BraXzy

Raid so far has been really cool, some pretty interesting mechanics and sections. Struggling like crazy on the first boss though hot damn.

Only negative I have at the minute is
it feels more linear than prior ones, not many books and crannies to explore. I was hoping for some sneaky chests to find and open, there's still time I guess.

Top Bottom