• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

bitsurugi

Golroth
down, onto the next boss! We are doing good, we figured it all out by ourselves. Best experience in Destiny so far.

Shito

Repost of how to easily farm Draksis for people just starting on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXe2HTZu8I

You can also just run up to him and yolo rocket him, but I find this method to have been the most effective and consistent for me. Sometimes he would not go after you and teleport to the middle, then going all the way to the right of the room: just run up to him there and do your usual thing.
Protip: wait for him to get close, and when he starts his stomp animation hug him and shoot the rocket.
If somehow you kill him but survive, IMMEDIATLY go back to orbit, you have just enough time to do so before the timer kicks in, which would erase your checkpoint.
Happy farming time, fellow guardians! :3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone know where I can farm fallen captain kills for the Omolon sniper? The captain in ember caves isnt counting towards it.
There's one in the Mothyards, I think it's by the entrance to the... Jupiter complex or so? He spawns with 2 vandals and respawns super quick.

can you infuse an Exotic into a Legendary?

Repost of how to easily farm Draksis for people just starting on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXe2HTZu8I

You can also just run up to him and yolo rocket him, but I find this method to have been the most effective and consistent for me. Sometimes he would not go after you and teleport to the middle, then going all the way to the right of the room: just run up to him there and do your usual thing.
Protip: wait for him to get close, and when he starts his stomp animation hug him and shoot the rocket.
If somehow you kill him but survive, IMMEDIATLY go back to orbit, you have just enough time to do so before the timer kicks in, which would erase your checkpoint.
Happy farming time, fellow guardians! :3
this is basically gonna be my week-end

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awwwllllriiiiight, fridge is stocked, don't have shit to do tonight, dog walked, cold gin, no items fox or samus only final destination lets gooooooo

feel like I'm fucking 15 again.
er 21, I mean. 21.

Dalek

Stupid question-I apologize in advance. I've just learned that my wife and daughter are going to my in laws tomorrow and Sunday so I have a ton of free time-I'm thinking about joining the raid since I almost never have this much free time. From what we know so far, what is the recommend minimum level of Light to play? Mine is currently at 235.

Eh-I see online that Luke Smith recommended 280. Guess I'll be grinding like hell to get to that ....

Kyne

Stupid question-I apologize in advance. I've just learned that my wife and daughter are going to my in laws tomorrow and Sunday so I have a ton of free time-I'm thinking about joining the raid since I almost never have this much free time. From what we know so far, what is the recommend minimum level of Light to play? Mine is currently at 235.

280 at least

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So has anyone beaten the raid yet?
Nope! The top groups are at Oryx but from what I understand, rather having their asses handed to them on a stainless steel platter.

Also, I know it's a lot to ask but I really would like to not even know names of other bosses at least for a couple days to get the chance to encounter them... I hope i'm not alone in that :-[

LtOrange

About to get off work and hopefully get through more of the crucible quest line. I can't wait for this nightmare to be over with.

MechDX

Don't redo the entire mission, kill Draksis and yourself at the end and then respawn, pop another coin and repeat. Recommendation is snipe him 4 times then run up and rocket the floor next to him.

Using my Suros scout rifle to near death then rocket him and myself. Not one exotic so far

Yes I'm popping the 3 of coins

ocean

Banned
The satisfaction of wiping for more than an hour on second boss and then finally understanding it

This feel so good. This is what blind raid is about. Went from doing 10% damage to doing like 50% just with a little insight

This is happening. Oryx I'm just gonna say...I need a new hat.

Awwwllllriiiiight, fridge is stocked, don't have shit to do tonight, dog walked, cold gin, no items fox or samus only final destination lets gooooooo

feel like I'm fucking 15 again.
er 21, I mean. 21.

your playing smash when you should be getting raid ready hawkian. a whole new generation of newbs needs you!
me included

ethomaz

Banned
Nope! The top groups are at Oryx but from what I understand, rather having their asses handed to them on a stainless steel platter.

Also, I know it's a lot to ask but I really would like to not even know names of other bosses at least for a couple days to get the chance to encounter them... I hope i'm not alone in that :-[
I don't want spoilers too... maybe a separated thread for these that are playing the Raid right now.

Of course it was obvious Oryx was the last boss :p that is not spoiler lol

BTW I got 1 Exotic in 10 coins.

Using my Suros scout rifle to near death then rocket him and myself. Not one exotic so far

Yes I'm popping the 3 of coins

Engrams drop like every 4-5 coins you pop. Sometimes less.

Edit: I only popped one each time. In two hours I got over 20 engrams or so.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
your playing smash when you should be getting raid ready hawkian. a whole new generation of newbs needs you!
me included
you understand I'm not really playing smash right
I don't want spoilers too... maybe a separated thread for these that are playing the Raid right now.

Of course it was obvious Oryx was the last boss :p that is not spoiler lol
Yeah, I've learned two other boss names though and possibly a boss type from one of those names :(

Youre not.

But too late. :/

zewone

I agree, but there's a quest you get after you do all the story missions that gives you a checklist with the names of all the bosses in the raid. :/

Amazing. Cant wait to try this tomorrow

bitsurugi

got him down to 20% butt he
enraged

You will get it then. just keep trying, hardest part for us was to figure what is going on, after we got the mechanics down, we did it in a few triees. We sniped the sh** out of him, was doing 75k crits with my snipe. Used WoL to help.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh, just GETTING Smashed.
I hear ya
best believe

now the quest for my sword begins

dunno which one I want! as I said to xplicit and akademik yesterday, first I was thinking solar because of wizards, but now I'm thinking void because of
WIZARDS!
damnit Oryx

Namikaze1

my raid group, from twitch chat:

you guys need to kill adds before attacking ogre. when you kill adds, one person pulls gaze. others shoot the light orb above orge in direct hes facing. it drops. ogre is focused on the one and 4 people stand in light and shoot stomach. when gaze is at 4 second person behind ogre pulls gaze
rinse and repeat

For my group.

You will get it then. just keep trying, hardest part for us was to figure what is going on, after we got the mechanics down, we did it in a few triees. We sniped the sh** out of him, was doing 75k crits with my snipe. Used WoL to help.

yeah we're doing
80k with tether
but the
ads are annoying

Top Bottom