• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Names of bosses are spoilers too?

160.gif

Deku Tree

Lol in the Kings fall raid all the smart Titans are
switching back to defender.
. (Not a raid content spoiler just want to be super careful.)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Names of bosses are spoilers too?

160.gif
please look at it this way.

I have read a fair bit of lore and understand some of the naming conventions for hive creatures. as a result I am now pretty sure I know what kind of enemy one of the bosses is. now I have certain expectations about the fight. Even if they are wrong I would prefer not to know, or think I know, anything about it at all.

If someone else who doesn't want to know can be successfully able to avoid knowing by the simple use of spoiler tags, that is worth it to me.

Raid so far has been really cool, some pretty interesting mechanics and sections. Struggling like crazy on the first boss though hot damn.

Only negative I have at the minute is
it feels more linear than prior ones, not many books and crannies to explore. I was hoping for some sneaky chests to find and open, there's still time I guess.

Um

what about that room with the chest with mats in it as the last hive ship docks after the IMPOSSIBLE ship jumping puzzle.

ocean

Banned
FUCKING DONEEEEEEE
SECOND BOSS DONE

Almost choked it at the very end. So clutch. Geez what a tough dude. So satisfied...

Definitely over halfway done now. Nothing but mats for me. Don't care. This is just too fun

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've used like 12 of these fucking 3 of Cards on Heroic Strike bosses and have nothing to show for it. What a fucking waste of coins and what bullshit.

Frenden

Banned
I'm at about 250 coins and still haven't gotten the new Hunter helm. It's pretty much the only armor I want this expansion (it's my Nighthawk/Ram for sure). I'm tempted to keep going/trying.

I gotta think I have a better chance than by 3oC. 3oC's loot pool is so much bigger.

Here's my take from ~70 3oCs on the Venus mission (Hunter):

• 4th Horseman (x2)
  • Monte Carlo (Y2)
  • Hawkmoon (Y2)
  • Invective (Y2)
  • Telesto
  • Graviton Forfeit (perfect for my Warlock alt)
  • Nighthawk (Y2)
  • Mask of the 3rd Main (Y2)
  • Don't Touch Me (Y2)
  • Sealed Ahamkara Grasps
  • Chest of Alpha Lupi (Y2)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm at about 250 coins and still haven't gotten the new Hunter helm. It's pretty much the only armor I want this expansion (it's my Nighthawk/Ram for sure). I'm tempted to keep going/trying.

I gotta think I have a better chance than by 3oC. 3oC's loot pool is so much bigger.
im not gonna get it til Xur has it outright, just like nighthawk. actually I still don't have a ram though, haha

So I'm kinda gonna stop trying. I don't have the mad stacks of coins that some here do

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I've used like 12 of these fucking 3 of Cards on Heroic Strike bosses and have nothing to show for it. What a fucking waste of coins and what bullshit.
Why are you doing strike bosses? Go to draksis scourge of winter. Suicide kill him and rinse repeat until you get drops. It's not 1:1. It's still based on probability. My friend did 50 and got three. I did 18 and got 4

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
ha did the 3 of coins trick, got zhalo supercell on my first kill, the only thing i really wanted. Feel blessed.

Got the gravitron helm on the first xur engram too.

ocean

Banned
Unstable
switched from Defender to HAMMERTIME for the Golgoth fight.
Most intense fight of the forever. Big spoiler on second boss:

total HP is actually millions. Sure there's damage buffs but holy shit this is DPS defined

So happy we did it!

Shito

im not gonna get it til Xur has it outright, just like nighthawk. actually I still don't have a ram though, haha

So I'm kinda gonna stop trying. I don't have the mad stacks of coins that some here do
Never managed to get the Ram, but got Graviton on my 4th engram with Xur this morning. After 2 knucklehead and a Celestial Nighthawk (with full int, yeah!).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
just stop then. jeez. o_o

Never managed to get the Ram, but got Graviton on my 4th
engram with Xur this morning. After 2 knucklehead and a Celestial Nighthawk (with full int, yeah!).
bahhh

RemiLP

Anyone getting close to killing oryx? The war god that has been eradicating entire civilizations for thousands of years.

Deku Tree

please look at it this way.

I have read a fair bit of lore and understand some of the naming conventions for hive creatures. as a result I am now pretty sure I know what kind of enemy one of the bosses is. now I have certain expectations about the fight. Even if they are wrong I would prefer not to know, or think I know, anything about it at all.

If someone else who doesn't want to know can be successfully able to avoid knowing by the simple use of spoiler tags, that is worth it to me.

But the names of the Kings fall raid bosses have been sitting in your profile on bungie.net for more than a week. If you go there to check out what you've done this week then Bungie is going to spoil you!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
6 hour mark on the raid. CE still fastest cleared in any event now.
But the names of the Kings fall raid bosses have been sitting in your profile on bungie.net for more than a week. If you go there to check out what you've done this week then Bungie is going to spoil you!
All I can say is that sucks, and I've glad I haven't done so

Frenden

Banned

I spent ~400 coins this AM. Gonna let myself get down to 200-ish before I call it.

Repost of how to easily farm Draksis for people just starting on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXe2HTZu8I

You can also just run up to him and yolo rocket him, but I find this method to have been the most effective and consistent for me. Sometimes he would not go after you and teleport to the middle, then going all the way to the right of the room: just run up to him there and do your usual thing.
Protip: wait for him to get close, and when he starts his stomp animation hug him and shoot the rocket.
If somehow you kill him but survive, IMMEDIATLY go back to orbit, you have just enough time to do so before the timer kicks in, which would erase your checkpoint.
Happy farming time, fellow guardians! :3

You are awesome.

I'm on vacation but will be trying this as soon as I return. My friend got me toc on my account so I'm ready

kuYuri

Welcome to the party, pal!

Ask your questions and they shall be answered in the order received.

Hey! There's no real catch-up guide. There's kinda too much to really put into a guide to cover everything! Just start by going through the story missions and explore at your own pace. Talk to all the Tower and Reef NPCs, do some quests, some patrols/bounties, some strikes, some Crucible, see what you like.

Here is a guide to the new style of progression the game uses, which can help throughout.

Thanks!

I'll take a look at the guide.

Top Bottom