• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

stb

Daily Skirmish went better than expected. MLGnoscope.

giphy.gif

Man, the hit detection in this game is so broken sometimes. No way on earth that sniper shot connected. =)

LTWood12

Funny story, I got two marks for my Titan on the last two drops. Bungle pls

I was totally baffled. Both pulse rifles dropped for me on the last encounter. Another person in the group got two scout rifles in one drop as well. Neither of us had 20 moldering shards, nor were the shards we DID have taken from us.

NICE!

I think its the best raid gun no?
cant wait for friday
ill get 2 more fusion rifles

It should be fun. And yes. yes you will.

todd360

I'm not sure which omolon sniper to choose out of the three. I like the sound of the low zoom scope on the first one and firefly on one of the other ones.

Any advice?

I was totally baffled. Both pulse rifles dropped for me on the last encounter. Another person in the group got two scout rifles in one drop as well. Neither of us had 20 moldering shards, nor were the shards we DID have taken from us..

Oh I had 47 Shards on my Titan, no weapons, no armor, but a lower defense rating Mark
(I got the 308 Mark on the daughters but a 307 Mark for the Oryx kill).
Cost me 20 shards. Just why? :p

I'm not sure which omolon sniper to choose out of the three. I like the sound of the low zoom scope on the first one and firefly on one of the other ones.

Any advice?

I didnt like any of the options. grabbed whatever I think I took the firefly one. pretty close to Pradeths revenge stats

Kilau

I'm sure I missed it, but what is the name of the official DestinyGAF community?

I sent a request to one that people on my friends list are in.

Rehsa

I did, one of the options was pretty good and had injection mold (which ever one increases stability at the cost of reload) and head seeker. I took that one

I did not realize it gave you two options to choose from, I thought it was both guns I had on order. I picked the other one that has last resort and zen moment :(

Namikaze1

Sorry if this is snarky, but I'm not sure why people are still bewildered why the exotic chest engram is decoding to Alpha Lupi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mstpq/current_droppableengram_exotic_loot_table/

There is only one titan chest, and one hunter chest in the loot table. Both are Alpha Lupi.

Since it's ~66-75% chance an engram will decode to your class, if you're decoding on a hunter or titan, the odds are slightly better than that that it will be alpha lupi.

A better statistical mind than my own could actually work the probability out, but it's well within "you should expect it'll be alpha lupi if you're decoding as a titan or hunter, and even if you're not, there's still a 33% chance it'll be alpha lupi".
Uh if the new Warlock exotic chest can drop from an engram then the new Titan and Hunter exotic chests can also drop from them. Just because no one has gotten them yet doesn't mean it's not on the loot table.

Repost from the Destiny OT Gaming thread.

Hey I have a group of 3 first time PS4 TTK raiders that need another 3 players. We have 2 hunters and a titan. We are planning to start at 10pm ET. So 8pm Mountain time. If someone who has gone through it once would like to join. We are not an impatient bunch. But a little guidance would be nice. If you wana play let me know.
1. Me
2. Friend 1
3. Friend 2

stb

Uh if the new Warlock exotic chest can drop from an engram then the new Titan and Hunter exotic chests can also drop from them. Just because no one has gotten them yet doesn't mean it's not on the loot table.

If they're in the exotic engram loot table, it's at an excruciatingly low drop rate. I.e. only one confirmed Twilight Garrison in the wild.

If they're IN the loot table, but at a tiny drop rate, I'm not sure what point you're making. Odds are it's gonna be lupi. If you wanna beat your head against that wall, be my guest. It's just weird to say "why is this burner so hot?!" then keep touching it, when you have empirical evidence that it is, in fact, still hot.

EDIT: Also, "because Warlock items are in the table, Titan and Hunter ones for the same slot must be" assumes a level of consistency that isn't their M.O.

I got scared about the patch and ended up infusing my 310 Spindle, which I've got last week.

If I do the mission again, would I get a new 310 one?

MrDaravon

...what? There is one confirmed Twilight Garrison in the wild (weirdly on PS3), and 0 of the other two Hunter exotic chests in the database (Y2 Raspberry and Tarantella). If you're saying these are on the loot table we're talking like 0.00000000000000000001% drop rates.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got scared about the patch and ended up infusing my 310 Spindle, which I've got last week.

If I do the mission again, would I get a new 310 one?

Clearly not, as that would be pretty OP. Everyone would have multiple max level primaries. :)

Wikipedia has a pronounciation guide since it's the name of an Aztec god. Looks...complicated though. Looks like the T is silent. So...La-lok? Or is that an I? Ia-lok?[/QUOTE]

Well however you say it, it's a darn good gun when your super is full.

MrDaravon

How many steps to get the 310 artifact from Eris? I'm doing the 3 vip's on all of the planets part. That's the right quest line, right?

At this point I get all of the Questlines mixed up, but IIRC the 310 artifact is Raid-related. I think you get the 300 Artifact from doing her CoO quest. Are you talking about the one where you have to kill 3 VIPs on all planets? That's from Zavala, I don't thiiiiink that's related but I could be wrong.

Rehsa

Was watching your youtube stream, close man :/ I noticed after a bit the sound started lagging a few seconds, I would hear the sniper shot way after you fired just FYI

LTWood12

But NOT everything is obtainable from an engram. Anything that IS is shown in your kiosk as either a thumbnail of that equipment, or (if you never obtained it in year one or year two), as the little gold medallion thingy. In the Titan Blueprints, there's only one spot for chest armor.

so while that doesn't necessarily mean there's only one exotic chest armor in the loot table for Titans right now, it DOES mean, as far as anyone can tell, that there's only ONE that can be decoded from a dropped engram.

Hopefully that makes sense. I have a bad headache so it may be jibberish.

Dalek

After 4 attempts, I got the Black Spindle-here's what worked for us.

I popped Heavy synth before we go up in the ship, so I have time to recharge.

1 Titan Defender, puts down Bubble with Blessing of Light at the boss on the center platform-everyone uses Swords on the boss to take down his health immensely.
Focus on taking out the boss first-if you die, use Heavy Ammo again and then try using a Rocket Launcher from the spawn point to take down his life from a "safe" point. At this point there's so many adds just getting to the platform can kill you.

Take out the boss, and then focus on the adds.

Another Guardian is stormcaller, and this GREATLY helps out with taking out the Scions to prevent them from duplicating. While this is happening, I saw Heavy Ammo dropping everywhere so I picked it up and rocketed everything I could while the Stormcaller cleaned up.

Top Bottom