• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wikipedia has a pronounciation guide since it's the name of an Aztec god. Looks...complicated though. Looks like the T is silent. So...La-lok? Or is that an I? Ia-lok?
The T is absolutely not silent :p Nahuatl has lots of voiceless alveolar friactives which don't exist in english which makes it pretty tough to translate. It would be more accurate to say the that L is silent when reading "Tlaloc," so something like "Ta-lok," but that's not quite right either. Really the closest you're likely to get is just just pronounce it the way it looks. The "a" is as in "water" and the "oc" would be pronounced like "oak" rather than "lock."

Anyone want to help me and todd get the spindle, my buddy has given up and about to leave us.

Maybe someone who has got one before?

PSN: MandrakeUK

Shiv47

Sigh, getting sword kills in pvp is impossible

I feel the same way. I suck at PVP and it's an ordeal.

As a average at best PvP player, I thought this at first as well, but got it done quicker than I expected. Try always staying near teammates, to sneak kills when they engage enemy players, and if you get heavy ammo, remember to be ready to block enemy fire, it often confuses players and you can chop them fm down when their mag empties. Stay around corners as well, since you can see around them in third person more easily.

Just scanned the last 5 pages or so and still didn't see a complete answer...
although I could have easily missed it
...is there someone we have to PM or anything to get added to the PS4 DGAF community?

Namikaze1

Wow!

AFK'ing in the Tower and all I see is this guy's name show up on screen.

"X has found..."

So many exotics. Saw his name pop up like at least 12 times.

LTWood12

The T is absolutely not silent :p Nahuatl has lots of voiceless alveolar friactives which don't exist in english which makes it pretty tough to translate. It would be more accurate to say the that L is silent when reading "Tlaloc," so something like "Ta-lok," but that's not quite right either. Really the closest you're likely to get is just just pronounce it the way it looks. The "a" is as in "water" and the "oc" would be pronounced like "oak" rather than "lock."

'oak'? that sounds icky. I like T-la(water)-loc (lock).

So basically we just need to get their life down to nothing and then kill them all within 30 seconds?

Knights don't have a ton of health so the boss is the main one to get low since he has a ton of HP. I'm sure you could do all 3 in one run but it's probably easier to just do two runs. Do the Arc (Sword Knight) and Solar (Flame shooting Knight) together on the first run, then do the Void (Boomer Knight) on the second run.

Having all 3 up at once is a serious pain. Arc guy is easiest to avoid although they are all very aggressive. That Void Boomer is a serious asshole.

Ophelion

Yeah, I realized I was misunderstanding the guide when I went back and looked at it again. Still didn't get it right though. Thanks for clearing it up.

MrDaravon

Weird complaint to have, but I'm actually getting really sick of going on Patrol to get regular enemy type kills (Fallen, Vex etc) and every goddamn zone all of the time is under a Taken invasion. Just went to three different zones on Venus that were all under Taken territory, re-loaded the planet and it was the same way. I'm going to have to load goddamn story missions to just to kill 20 Vex which is ridiculous.

LiK

Weird complaint to have, but I'm actually getting really sick of going on Patrol to get regular enemy type kills (Fallen, Vex etc) and every goddamn zone all of the time is under a Taken invasion. Just went to three different zones on Venus that were all under Taken territory, re-loaded the planet and it was the same way. I'm going to have to load goddamn story missions to just to kill 20 Vex which is ridiculous.

Gone to Venus? Ishtar Cliffs

todd360

Ok so kill boss and then kill black orbs annnddd theeennnn kill adds. I thought I could just kill all the adds to get them out of the way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
'oak'? that sounds icky. I like T-la(water)-loc (lock).
Like whatever you prefer, lol, I'm just reading the IPA. No doubt that its a Nahuatl word. It's much closer to try and pronounce the "Tla" as one syllable too rather than someting like "Tuh-la-lock" if that makes sense.

Ultimately it doesn't matter much at all since no one's gonna be mistaking the name of this gun for any other in the game haha

Ophelion

Like whatever you prefer, lol, I'm just reading the IPA. No doubt that its a Nahuatl word. It's much closer to try and pronounce the "Tla" as one syllable too rather than someting like "Tuh-la-lock" if that makes sense.

Ultimately it doesn't matter much at all since no one's gonna be mistaking the name of this gun for any other in the game haha

And I mean, really, most people will probably just call it "The Warlock Scout" anyway.

Edit: are you a linguistics enthusiast, Hawk? You certainly talk the talk.

squadr0n

Looking for a group for the Black Spindle daily quest lost to light on PS4

PSN: sQuadon
Light Level 293 Warlock

I already know the strat, Missed it last week :(

rainy_day

Tried running spindle solo before class.
Made it to boss room with 3 mins left. Got boss down to half health. I am ready to finish this in a few hours! May need to grab some people tho.

Tired of wasting my time trying to get this black spindle. It annoys me to no end that they're going to nerf the drop value.

I just wanted to Infuse to my 1000 yard but this shit is a waste of time for their dumb nerf. Nerf everything why don't ya so everyone can stop playing your nerf game
Sorry we couldn't get it down, man. Just gets far too crazy in there. So frustrating :(

Ok so kill boss and then kill black orbs annnddd theeennnn kill adds. I thought I could just kill all the adds to get them out of the way.
You can. My strategy has always been to kill orbs, kill adds, damage boss, repeat when new orbs spawn. Once you get to a wave of taken fallen captains (third set of orbs), you're done with adds. Mop then up then burn down the boss.

Lgndryhr

PS4
PSN: Lgndryhr
Warlock Light level 387

I have gotten back into Destiny thanks to TTK. I am always willing to help and sometimes I need help too.

Looking to try to get the black spindle tonight if anyone can help. I was not able to last week due to my light level then was 350. I came close with help from two friends (light level ~385 and ~380) though last week.

Shiv47

Anybody available to help kill the Blighted Descendant on Venus? I can't get around to kill all three lieutenants in time to trigger the boss, and no randoms have been around at all.

I'm extremely salty that everything is nerfed including hand cannons (minus thorn) and yet PvP shotguns are still stupid OP. PvP used to be my ultimate favorite around trials and now it's not really fun which sucks.

stb

Empirical evidence

Lol

I know, right? Why rely on what data we have (the reddit info + the fact there aren't additional slots in the kiosk), when we can theorycraft "because warlock". Keep decoding those engrams. Someone has to win the lottery.

Top Bottom