• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Who says you can't snipe in mid air?

PLeNGYd.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uh, well, shit. GutZ, was I not supposed to approve all of the requests sent to the DGAF community?

I thought these were sent to me personally on PSN (it puts it in your notifications akin to someone sending you a message). Now I'm pretty worried that wasn't how that was supposed to go. There were.... somewhere well over 100. My sincere apologies if I screwed something up here.

I've sent invites to those who were in my inbox and hadn't sent in a community request.

In related news the DGAF community on PSN currently has 671 members holy fuck you guys.

Lnkn52

Uh, well, shit. GutZ, was I not supposed to approve all of the requests sent to the DGAF community?

I thought these were sent to me personally on PSN (it puts it in your notifications akin to someone sending you a message). Now I'm pretty worried that wasn't how that was supposed to go. There were.... somewhere well over 100. My sincere apologies if I screwed something up here.

I've sent invites to those who were in my inbox and hadn't sent in a community request.

In related news the DGAF community on PSN currently has 671 members holy fuck you guys.

671? No way, half of those must be SPAM bots.

LTWood12

Rob, Epyon, Drizz, Stabie/colonel, and t-44. You guys flexible on start time tomorrow night? It'll probably be like 10 eastern but we maybe could do earlier. That work for everyone?

BokehKing

Banned
I made that random 'court of oryx meet up' community for destiny, there was 13 members when I went to work this morning

I got home and there is now like 675 and people and it turned it into a LFG site for everything, not just CoO

kind of dissapointed, I wanted it to be focused on just CoO

(there was some spam bots, but I blocked them and there posts)

Yeah, GutZ and I wanted the Dgaf community in ps4 to only compose of Gaf memenbers with the few expections such as justgotwicked for example. That's why we wanted people to PM their gaf name and psn name so we can confirm who's who's. Welp I think it shows the member in order of acceptation so the newest people will be under the mods. Guess we can go through it again later and clean it up...

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn, they were so close when I ran out to pick up dinner. Just got back and expected them to have cleared it...They have the mechanics down, just the execution now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, GutZ and I wanted the Dgaf community in ps4 to only compose of Gaf memenbers with the few expections such as justgotwicked for example. That's why we wanted people to PM their gaf name and psn name so we can confirm who's who's. Welp I think it shows the member in order of acceptation so the newest people will be under the mods. Guess we can go through it again later and clean it up...
I see what you mean. Is that what the order is? It didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it so that makes sense.

If you remember what our member count was before 8:45 PM, I can delete members until we're back to that number.

I only have 6 PMs in my GAF inbox, so I thought all of these were requests to me personally from GAFfers. After going back and looking at the community page I realized they were (I guess?) just requests that are listed to all the mods?

CREMSteve

I see what you mean. Is that what the order is? It didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it so that makes sense.

If you remember what our member count was before 8:45 PM, I can delete members until we're back to that number.

I only have 6 PMs in my GAF inbox, so I thought all of these were requests to me personally from GAFfers. After going back and looking at the community page I realized they were (I guess?) just requests that are listed to all the mods?

Damnit Hawkian, you had one job.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think I could also use a tutorial on how this Community is supposed to function. Under "Now Playing" it just seems to be a list of unlabeled Fireteams...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damnit Hawkian, you had one job.
I do have one job, and it kept me from getting home until after 8pm today, and I wanted to get the community approval stuff done before my newbie raid which starts in negative 7 minutes.

Frankly, I know this is Sony's first attempt at this stuff but the functionality and notification is a bit opaque. I didn't expect to see stuff that wasn't sent to me personally pop up in my notifications especially after turning off Community notifications last night.

I want to apologize to Rawr and GutZ for not understanding the process and potentially accepting people that shouldn't have been. If you want to give me your lists of people from PMs to go over I can remove the members that haven't sent in requests or I can blanket remove the last however many people it was (if one of you can remember the last person you accepted) with an apology to those that came after and would need to resubmit their requests.

I made that random 'court of oryx meet up' community for destiny, there was 13 members when I went to work this morning

I got home and there is now like 675 and people and it turned it into a LFG site for everything, not just CoO

kind of dissapointed, I wanted it to be focused on just CoO

(there was some spam bots, but I blocked them and there posts)

Proud to be one of the OG 13!

Haha no idea what it was back around 8:45 pm :p it's all good. All the request is from anyone that wants to join. And I went through the PMs and invited each person. we will figure it out. Uhh hmm trying to think of the best way to fix this. I know there was about 200 unknown people who sent a request. But no worries we will figure this out :)

No worries! It's all good everyone make mistakes and we should have been talked more about it between us.

CREMSteve

I do have one job, and it kept me from getting home until after 8pm today, and I wanted to get the community approval stuff done before my newbie raid which starts in negative 7 minutes.

Frankly, I know this is Sony's first attempt at this stuff but the functionality and notification is a bit opaque. I didn't expect to see stuff that wasn't sent to me personally pop up in my notifications especially after turning off Community notifications last night.

I want to apologize to Rawr and GutZ for not understanding the process and potentially accepting people that shouldn't have been. If you want to give me your lists of people from PMs to go over I can remove the members that haven't sent in requests or I can blanket remove the last however many people it was (if one of you can remember the last person you accepted) with an apology to those that came after and would need to resubmit their requests.

Don't sweat it bud, was just joking. It's just videogames.

The interface isn't very good, I concur with that one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Big shout-outs to Koji and commish for helping with that Light Level 300 Strike for my Exotic Sword Quest! Especially Kojiro who didn't even need it! Definitely gonna be my top priority to get him a Spindle next time the Daily rolls around next week!

Thank you both as well!

todd360

Get three jobs you scrub. This ps3 isn't going to pay for itself you know.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha no idea what it was back around 8:45 pm :p it's all good. All the request is from anyone that wants to join. And I went through the PMs and invited each person. we will figure it out. Uhh hmm trying to think of the best way to fix this. I know there was about 200 unknown people who sent a request. But no worries we will figure this out :)
I see. Sorry about this. I'm trying to see if there's a log of acceptance or a "last online" or anything but tools seem a bit limited.

I could delete the most recent 200 people just to be safe?

edit: Newbies sorry for the delay. Sending out invites now.

With all the talk about Subclasses and nerfing and buffing, I though of something very interesting.

Every piece of exotic armor that hasn't been released yet, is for the old subclasses. (or generic for all)

Hunter:
Tarantula: Bladedancer
Shinobu's Vow: Bladedancer
Fr0st-EE5: Generic

Warlock:
Ophidian Aspect: Voidwalker
Astrocte Verse: Voidwalker
Transverse Steps: Generic

Titan:
Thogomizers: Striker
Twilight Garrison: Generic
Dunemarchers: Generic

Sent in a request for the DestinyGAF community. PSN Mr_antimatter.

Do we have a more formal way of requesting membership besides just IMing members?

Top Bottom