• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I knew you'd love it, dude. It made me buy New Monarchy's HC Reload gloves STAT.

Well i'm still mad i didn't get it sooner. Those goram fusion rifles wouldn't drop for me when i was 400 rep away last week.

but yea it feels nice and looks nice and sounds nice and the brings it full circle. Don't think i'll need to buy Year 2 TLW anytime soon.

In case you missed my post about 7 hours ago, I managed to confirm that a high impact sniper hits sunbreakers in the head for 188. That puts their damage resist at about 54%. That means besides a shotgun + melee there's no sure fire way to kill them, and if it's a one-on-one situation......

I probably missed it. That's ridiculous. The only other thing that could ever survive a high impact snipe like that was a self rezzing warlock if, and only if, they were wearing the Ram. So basically Sunbreakers are invincible in 1v1s if they have any skill. It doesn't help that snipers now seem to drop off damage at extended ranges now despite that not being a change specifically mentioned in the 2.0 patch. Why, Bungie? Why?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If Xur has helmet engrams again, I'm probably going to blow all my coins. I want that goddamn Forfeit.

Also, you were right about DoT damage from melee attacks procing Claws of Ahamkara's primary reload bonus. Noticed it the other day.

Strider

Well i'm still mad i didn't get it sooner. Those goram fusion rifles wouldn't drop for me when i was 400 rep away last week.

but yea it feels nice and looks nice and sounds nice and the brings it full circle. Don't think i'll need to buy Year 2 TLW anytime soon.

Gotta have a main HC for each year

Year 1 - Last Word
Year 2 - Ace of Spades
Year 3 - ??

And so on....

Hand cannons fo lyfe

Frenden

Banned

I got Y2LW in a random 3oC drop or I wouldn't have bothered too.

I'm so glad the Chaperone quest is done and I can stop feeling forced to use the dead, lifeless husk of a once beautiful gun.

OG TLW is probably my favorite gun in a FPS ever. I am an older dude. I have been around since the beginning.

TLW was exquisite.

Also, you were right about DoT damage from melee attacks procing Claws of Ahamkara's primary reload bonus. Noticed it the other day.

AntonioBanderas.gif

maomaoIYP

Bladedancers also require a shotgun + melee combo to be killed.

edit: double post, thread too slow.
BDs can be killed with a high impact sniper headshot.

I probably missed it. That's ridiculous. The only other thing that could ever survive a high impact snipe like that was a self rezzing warlock if, and only if, they were wearing the Ram. So basically Sunbreakers are invincible in 1v1s if they have any skill. It doesn't help that snipers now seem to drop off damage at extended ranges now despite that not being a change specifically mentioned in the 2.0 patch. Why, Bungie? Why?
Yup. Imagine fighting 3 sunbreakers in trials. Win two rounds, then take turns activating hammer time in the last three rounds. Hoooooboy. The damage resistance is basically equivalent to when a striker is in the middle of his Titan smash.

Edit: also one of the perks give the sunbreaker melee a guaranteed 201 damage over time. Someone else posted it over from reddit.

lt519

Wiped and Lt519 are both awesome. I've not played with Lt but have seen him running Skolas school along with Dr
#IncreasethePeace

We've played plenty my psn is rarbusto (;

Yay beat it!! I can stop stressing over it now! Thanks Afro, d-sipher, and rc for the assist. That was crazy smooth minus a couple untimely deaths.

Arrrammis

"Let's do some vanguard strikes, should be fun. Oh, Taniks? Not bad, pretty fun and faster than others."
Scrub 1 has departed
Scrub 2 has departed

"..."

Oh well, anyone up for running the raid from the D
aughters
? I have the checkpoint.
PSN: Arrrammis

Yup. Imagine fighting 3 sunbreakers in trials. Win two rounds, then take turns activating hammer time in the last three rounds. Hoooooboy. The damage resistance is basically equivalent to when a striker is in the middle of his Titan smash.

I guess I better get used to using the Spindle to snipe or get good at running whilst yelling at my television.

vctor182

Oh boy, Iron Banner and Trials are coming up! I wonder what guns would be the most used now. I'm taking those days off work to play some crucible.

sensui-tomo

"Let's do some vanguard strikes, should be fun. Oh, Taniks? Not bad, pretty fun and faster than others."
Scrub 1 has departed
Scrub 2 has departed

"..."

aughters
? I have the checkpoint.

I'd run it with ya if you can explain how that fight and the following work, (i got up to this point with some nice people yesterday but we all had to drop out due to it being about 2-3 am or worse for them(not sure of their timeslot) PSN: SensuiTomo

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Edit: also one of the perks give the sunbreaker melee a guaranteed 201 damage over time. Someone else posted it over from reddit.

lol

;_;

It's soooooo good.

You ain't lying. Took your advice (pretty sure it was you) to prioritize the range perk on it. Hoo boy, it does feel like pre-nerf HCs. You can pick people off from considerable distances. Takes a little bit of getting used to with the stability lowered, but damn if it isn't satisfying to get kills with.

contagious

Neo Member
Scrub 1 has departed
Scrub 2 has departed

"..."

aughters
? I have the checkpoint.

Count me in bro. Aphex26

zewone

Save your Golden Guns and pray.

vctor182

They are going to nerf them after this trials then!

Frenden

Banned
You ain't lying. Took your advice (pretty sure it was you) to prioritize the range perk on it. Hoo boy, it does feel like pre-nerf HCs. You can pick people off from considerable distances. Takes a little bit of getting used to with the stability lowered, but damn if it isn't satisfying to get kills with.
Yeah. I was lucky and got a lot of the relic items to drop/got Ace earlier than some. After picking Rifled, it's hard to use any other primary.

crossroads is purdy

BCK4Hwd.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got home goddamn. Gonna go through the invites in my inbox.

Tonight's newbie raid will be my first time in the vault since I was alive 225 light. Let's see how Atheon and Co hold up under pressure.

Frenden

Banned
Just got home goddamn. Gonna go through the invites in my inbox.

Tonight's newbie raid will be my first time in the vault since I was alive 225 light. Let's see how Atheon and Co hold up under pressure.
If you're short a body, I'd run that for drunken giggles later.

Sullichin

I need Sealed Ahamakara's Grasp with handcannon reload to perfect the combo with Ace of Spades. With maverick + reload chance from melee, it's amazing. But mine has sniper reload.

GutZ31

I am currently at a family event, and won't be able to go through requests to join Destiny GAF Community at this time.
Please PM Hawkian, iRAWRasaurus, or Afrocious your PSN and GAF names, with Destiny GAF Community in the subject.

Thank you all for your interest and continued support.

vctor182

It took me 2 golden gun shots to down one. They're a nightmare to deal with.

edit: whelp, top o' the page.

Gonna have to get sneak with nighstalker arrows to deal with you goddam titans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMDXgTWP16g

How far away were you? Did you have the Over the horizon perk active?
GG counts as a Hand Cannon so it got nerfed with all the hand cannon changes, the range affects the damage it can dish.

maomaoIYP

Yeah I made a rather sarcastic post about this a few pages back. 3 sunbreakers is going to be hell to play against. I suppose you could run from them.... oh wait, they will move just as fast/faster than you.

Well at least I feel better know that the new trials format will match winning teams with other winning teams. 3 sunbreakers vs 3 sunbreakers. I'm trying to imagine the tears....
it's probably just my own tears though

How far away were you? Did you have the Over the horizon perk active?
GG counts as a Hand Cannon so it got nerfed with all the hand cannon changes, the range affects the damage it can dish.

I forgot about that, but I was no further than mid-range at the most from the Sunbreaker at the time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You really have to do a ton of things to get this artifact. Taken War whatever doesn't unlock unless you do a certain strike.

Hum... So I was doing CoO with some gaffers and I got booted to the dash.

Not even destiny's title screen. The actual PS4 dash.

Now I try to log back in and it just stalls until it times out. :(

Da fuck is going on?

phen0m24

Absolutely, did he join VFI? Just make sure to post there or have him post in there and we'll get him through one.

This thread moves waaaay too fast now, I think I missed an entire OT.

Again, sorry to LT, XBL being down leaves too much time on my hands.

It's all good and thanks WO. Josh is checking the chat and he'll try this weekend. :)

DID IT.

I want to thank K1t4j, Greyblade, BunnyRay, Ruthless, Grim, LT, Drizzay, Colonel, T-44, LiK and all of GAF for helpng me get my ToM.

Uh, you're welcome? :) congrats!!!

Man I really dislike the new quest stuff. But I feel like I should be doing it more. It's just a chore. Especially when I have to find a fireteam to do something. It was at least fine when I could do exotic bounty quests by myself while watching a show to pass the time. Leave the forced fireteam stuff for raids and trials and things.

vctor182

I need Sealed Ahmakara's Grasp with handcannon reload to perfect the combo with Ace of Spades. With maverick + reload chance from melee, it's amazing. But mine has sniper reload.

The Grasps only have speed reload for Special Weapon and Heavy Weapon. Spine and Don't Touch Me have for Primary weapons

Top Bottom