• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Lnkn52

DID IT.

I want to thank K1t4j, Greyblade, BunnyRay, Ruthless, Grim, LT, Drizzay, Colonel, T-44, LiK and all of GAF for helpng me get my ToM.

rekt

TSIVt4U.jpg

zewone

Man, the Void sword gives you a lot of damage resistance during the R2 attack if you get stomped by a boss. I straight up spun for days without even being close to death against Alak-hul.

So good.

It also has the benefit of clearing adds behind you since it's aoe damage while you just stun lock bosses to death.

Alak-hul
Shield Bros.
Psion Flayers

They all are piss easy with the spin to win sword.

Frenden

Banned
So when I post to ask for an experienced group that doesn't mind a noob does that make me evil too?

I haven't had a lot of free time for the last two weeks and when I do get to try the raid this weekend it'll probably be my only shot for the next two, too.

Sometimes the hours suck when you're working for yourself. No one to delegate to. :0

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone else find that having class-specific weapons is annoying as fuck?! Like, I can understand having specific class quests to unlock said weapons, and that's fine, but not being able to shift them onto other characters? Just plain dumb.

Kyoufu

It also has the benefit of clearing adds behind you since it's aoe damage while you just stun lock bosses to death.

Alak-hul
Shield Bros.
Psion Flayers

They all are piss easy with the spin to win sword.

Oh, yeah, I used it on the Mauler and his attack didn't hurt much.

Move along Solar, there's a new king in town.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think Eyasluna has better base stats than the Hawkmoon these days. RIP, old friend.

Anyways, TrueVanguard put out a little review breaking down the Jade Rabbit. He's always been one of my favorite Destiny youtubers because he's just so informative and downright educational about the ins and outs of the game (I highly encourage anyone who's ever dipped into PvP to check out his "Sniper School" videos. I wouldn't be caught dead with one prior to watching and now I'm bullying sniper lanes on Pantheon like its a job I don't much care for.)

Link on Jade Rabbit review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b7T0dCD5As

He makes some REALLY good points regarding its performance in PvP. I was always a bit on the fence about it, and now I know why.

DY_nasty

Eh, I'll take the ridiculous LitC and Holding Aces perk damage over the range.
Hawkmoon still has no aim assist and its recoil is ridic

I'll always cherish it though. It was most used exotic in PvP and PvE in year 1. Saw it in my year 1 highlights vid :(

Frenden

Banned
Hawkmoon still has no aim assist and its recoil is ridic

I'll always cherish it though. It was most used exotic in PvP and PvE in year 1. Saw it in my year 1 highlights vid :(
Yeah. Ace may have low stability but it has an excellent recoil stat of 96 IIRC. I really prefer it on all maps with medium or longer sightlines. Still clinging to TLW on shotgun maps. :(

Shiv47

Can anyone help me out with the Shield Bros strike? Don't need the shotgun version, just the base one. Haven't done it for whatever reason and need to chalk it off the list.

zewone

Do I have to do the kill VIPs on each planet quest for 310 artifact?

No, just Earth.

But you do have to kill 6 lieutenants on Mars, can do that with one area though since 3 spawn before champion and then more spawn when champion is active.

maomaoIYP

Trials date but no discussion of Sunbreaker nerf? Shit. :( This is going to be rough.
In case you missed my post about 7 hours ago, I managed to confirm that a high impact sniper hits sunbreakers in the head for 188. That puts their damage resist at about 54%. That means besides a shotgun + melee there's no sure fire way to kill them, and if it's a one-on-one situation......

Kyoufu

In case you missed my post about 7 hours ago, I managed to confirm that a high impact sniper hits sunbreakers in the head for 188. That puts their damage resist at about 54%. That means besides a shotgun + melee there's no sure fire way to kill them, and if it's a one-on-one situation......

Bladedancers also require a shotgun + melee combo to be killed.

edit: double post, thread too slow.

DY_nasty

Yeah. Ace may have low stability but it has an excellent recoil stat of 96 IIRC. I really prefer it on all maps with medium or longer sightlines. Still clinging to TLW on shotgun maps. :(

For a gun with two perks that are really aimed at PvE, its crazy how effective the weapon is overall. I think its easily the best Year 2 handcannon in the game (Year 1 Thorn is the best handcannon in the game right now imo).

All of the class specific exotics are pretty awesome tho

(ace gels with each subclass so fucking good too. gunslingers trance turns it into a laser, quickdraw means you can run and gun and always be the first one to hit the hardest, shadowshot+splosions are bananas... so gud)

Top Bottom