• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkarus

Look at this hammer scrub ;)
BZSihtS.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHtSAA5wGHc
The fact you denied Robinson the kill makes this amazing. :)

SkylineRKR

I've seen a lot of how-to's on the new raid. Could I skip the "Newbie" raid and go straight with a seasoned group? I don't want to hold anyone back, but I know how the mechanics of all bosses work. I just want my touch of Malice. LL 296.

I did my first Raid yesterday and it wasn't hard at all. There were 4 guys with experience, and 2 newcomers. This is key to a smooth ride. Because 4 guys have to do the harder stuff, and 2 can usually provide backup. I only died twice during the ship puzzle and during some jumps to fragments and chests. Not during bosses. I became 300 during the Raid because of drops. If you have a good scout, sniper and machinegun you're fine.

The good thing about first doing all other stuff was that I had my ToM almost instantly afterwards and maxed it out right away too.

I could see people from the main dashboard but the whole list refused to load up and then it straight up told me PSN is having issues at the moment.

Yup, would give me the same thing. Could see friends list, trying to get into destiny said 'PSN was down', doing an internet test would then say nothing connected, despite still having a friends list be actively updated when I looked at it.

Just...just give it a bit @_@ That's what I did, after freaking out that is.

Afrocious

Don't know if my question was answered yet, but if I'm rank 2 and some change in IB and turn in my weeklies (2 are complete, the 3rd requires I hit rank 4), will I hit rank 5?

I was thinking of turning in my 2 complete ones, which I figure would proc the 3rd which could potentially get me to rank 5.

MrDaravon

The new IB ship is cool.

thumbnail_large37s7b.png

That's rad, I didn't even know there was a new ship, haven't seen that drop. Speaking of which, didn't Bungie say that playing IB was going to be the primary source of drops, which made the gear costing Marks from Saladin make sense? Because that definitely hasn't been the case for me lol.

so my iron banana week: hit rank 5 on my titan yesterday, playing probably 1-2 hours or so every day. I'd stop once I finished the 3 daily bounties and was close to the next level. I hit rank 5 on my warlock and hunter today as well, didn't play them at all during the week but would collect the daily bounties so saturday when I did play I was able to get like 9 iron bounties done in a few games, turn them all in, and that got me 3-4 levels just from that - with Y1 class item, Y2 shader, and Y2 emblem. I only turned in the weekly bounties on my titan, I still have them on my hunter/warlock for next time turn in. They give ridiculous amounts of rep if you wait until the end, I think I was getting like 1800 per on my titan and would probably get close to 3k per on my alts if I waited till monday to turn them in.

I bought all the items I could. Only had 1 drop across all 3 chars, the sidearm. Saw other people get the boots, primary, and class item but extremely rare - out of maybe 40 games I saw maybe... 6 drops total? The loot rate is a total joke, and it sucks they are so stingy with what items you can get.

This was all solo queuing too, never did it with a fireteam/group. I quit out of a game once we were losing by more than 2k early on, unless I was going for heavy/super bounties. You have to stop caring whether teammates cap points or not, thats the one thing that can drive you crazy - how many people just are so ignorant of how the control mechanics work. I found the best time to play during the morning, probably closer to 50% win/loss vs evenings where it was closer to 90% loss and a lot of stacked fireteams vs 6 solo queuers.

all in all iron banana was more grindy than memorable. Still, getting one character to rank 5 is pretty easy as a solo player, about 20-30 hours of PVPing, and after that your second and third character are extremely fast - like 5-8 hours each. If you save your weekly bounties for next time, and that works, it'll probably be even faster. Funnily enough on my warlock I had a total of 4 games won. Rank 5, only 4 games won. That is just weird.

Don't know if my question was answered yet, but if I'm rank 2 and some change in IB and turn in my weeklies (2 are complete, the 3rd requires I hit rank 4), will I hit rank 5?

I was thinking of turning in my 2 complete ones, which I figure would proc the 3rd which could potentially get me to rank 5.

Well each bounty today will give you around 1700 rep, in total that's 5100. You'll definitely get to rank 4 off the 2 turn ins, and you'll possibly need 2 daily bounty turn ins(I dunno how much rep you have into 2) to get 5.

lt519

Yesterday I got about 1200 per weekly with the emblem, Shader, cloak. I went from 2 3/4 to rank 5 when I turned in my dailies as well. May be even better today.

TheOddOne

That's rad, I didn't even know there was a new ship, haven't seen that drop. Speaking of which, didn't Bungie say that playing IB was going to be the primary source of drops, which made the gear costing Marks from Saladin make sense? Because that definitely hasn't been the case for me lol.
Yeah, the drop rate is really bad. It's the debate raging over at Destiny's reddit.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Finally killed Oryx. Got 3 pieces of gear, 1 weapon and he dropped a 310 Last Word.

Oh and I can finally grab the Malice now.

Afrocious

Yesterday I got about 1200 per weekly with the emblem, Shader, cloak. I went from 2 3/4 to rank 5 when I turned in my dailies as well. May be even better today.

Well each bounty today will give you around 1700 rep, in total that's 5100. You'll definitely get to rank 4 off the 2 turn ins, and you'll possibly need 2 daily bounty turn ins(I dunno how much rep you have into 2) to get 5.

Awesome. If anything, it sounds like if I use my weeklies today, I'll at least get close enough to rank 5 where doing IB dailies will get me to 5 easily.

Thanks!

I am pissed at Bungie for not adding new shaders for IB in year two!
The current ones are not really all that sexy.
How hard can it be to give out some new shaders. It´s an easy way to get happy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom