• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

yea, whoever is across the other side on platforms should help out too. 2-3 guys (2 platforms+adds duty guy) will down an Ogre fast.

Yup. For the most part, our raid team has finally got this. Myself included. I typically use Defiance of Yasmin on this part. Spam the grenades. Do anything to get your Ogre down. Sometimes people are afraid to get blasted by the ship or in such a rush to take down the Vessel Knight that they lose track of their Ogre.

i'm gonna start one my warlock soon. which subclass should i start leveling up first? i don't know the consensus on which one edges out the others.

Working on my warlock as well. Don't know either .. but I'm sort of by default working on the Storm Caller.

GutZ31

Hey everyone,

I'm a level 11 Titan, and after playing through the game for awhile I have a few questions. Hopefully someone is willing to help.
Hello!
1) How does the game configure for me being at level 11, and people in my game who are level 40? Will I encounter stronger enemies, or will the others encounter weaker enemies? For example: During a patrol I got my ass handed to me by some huge one-hit-kill behemoths. When I shot at 'em, I kept receiving the "immune" message. Every other enemy during this patrol was easy, it felt, until i realized others in my game were at a higher level than me.
Some enemies from public events can be much higher level than 11.
Anything you will be unable to damage will have a red name, and likely question marks where its level would be.
To do damage, you should be within 3 levels of the enemy. That means level 14 enemies are your more difficult enemy that you can still kill/do damage to.
2) When it comes to firing at enemies, I assume white numbers are standard hits, whereas yellow numbers are critical?
Correct.
3) Is there a place in the Guardian city where I can sell/trade materials I have gathered? Such as "strange coin" and "spine metal"?
Trading and selling do not exist in a meaningful way in Destiny unfortunately.
Some materials can be broken down for glimmer, some can be turn in at crucible or vanguard armouries to get planet materials, but planet materials don't trade to anything.
Strange coins will be very necessary soon though, so save those up.
A visitor that comes and leaves as he pleases takes them almost exclusively for very exotic items.
Xur is his name, and he visits every friday, staying till sunday.
4) I have a rare consumable, "Spark of Light," that will grant me level 25 access; and once I use it there's no going back. Would I want to do that? I am perfectly happy leveling up as normal. The jump from 11 to 25 would feel too substantial, plus what would that do to missions? Also, the "Speaker" in the observatory in the Guardian City will also grant me the ability to level to 25. Again, it feels cheap.
This is your own call, as we can't make it for you. Level 25 is when you can go into the taken king missions, so if you wanted to skip the rest of the content, you could just use the spark, and be on your way.
Thanks in advance!
Hope you enjoy.

i'm gonna start one my warlock soon. which subclass should i start leveling up first? i don't know the consensus on which one edges out the others.

Sunsinger is still the best PvE subclass and can also be very strong in 3v3 PvP modes, especially Triale. Stormcaller is well balanced for both PvE and PvP (better in 6v6) but doesn't truly excel in many important areas imo. Still a fun subclass. Voidwalker I'd only recommend first if you highly prioritize PvP. It can be fun in PvE but most raid and Nightfall groups will wonder why they hell you don't have Sunsinger leveled.

Yes. I'm NoThru22 most places on the internet, but I wanted this to match my PSN name here.

Damn I've been meaning to do this for awhile. Did you just PM Ghaleon or what?

I throw a sticky grenade of some sort at my ogre as they stand up and that staggers them, but I don't always get the timing right and sometimes I space out due to boredom.

Boredom is the #1 killer during Oryx fight...

"He's going right."
Muwahaha -- Fist slam
Zzzzz

Mupod

Sunsinger. Fun sticky grenades in PVE, godlike firebolt grenades in PVP. Tanky as fuck and good for soloing. I guess Radiance is not the most glamorous super out there but it gets the job done. And now there's exotics (Tlaloc/Alchemist) that make you more awesome when you sit on your super so it's a win win situation.

Stormcaller is fun as hell in strikes if you have those double melee exotic gloves but perpetual charge is like the last thing to unlock so you don't even get to use it for a while. Very nice to have on Golgoroth but other than that I usually just play sunsinger for all 'serious' content.

Strider

I've spent 404 hours on Destiny XD

I think it's #4 or #5 on my all time played list.

I've definitely played Age of Mythology, Age of Empires II and Dota 2 more than 404 hours.

GutZ31

hence why i said it shouldn't be like a nova bomb or anything, i appreciate it for what it is, but it still should have some kill utility/option that allows you to at least have a decent chance at competing against multiple opponents in pvp. when you get matchmade into a fireteam with 3 or 4 nightstalkers against a fireteam with 3 or 4 sunbreakers, if the average skill level of players is more or less even, 7 or maybe even 8 outta 10 times, the sunbreakers got that win in the bag just of the nature of their supers. besides, black hole and blood bound are too similar for pvp, i adore blood blound for pve but i feel like its a perk/ability that should be tied to an exotic piece of gear instead of being part of the skill tree, if that makes any sense. all in all i just think that nightstalker could do with that mini AoE impact kill super option, emphasizes on option, but if they were to at least work it so you can kill someone that's directly below you or there abouts and the proper effect i would be happy with just that too.

What you described is not a problem with nightstalkers, but with sunbreakers in general.

It would take all 3 shots of quiver to down a sunbreaker, and in the time to do that, the sunbreaker could kill you 5 times over. Most subclasses have a ying/yang thing going with other subclasses. Sunbreakers have no opposing force to combat it.

Retreat tactics play a huge part in being able to combat sunbreakers in their current form.
It is pretty lopsided how overpowered they are when compared to other classes/subclasses.

daedalius

What happened to Hawkmoon?

Talk about castrated. That gun used to be a fair but powerful weapon. Now I can't hit the broadside of a barn with it and I even had to rewatch a video I took only to see my red dot right on heads and not register a single hit. The only time anyone kills me with it is when they get the lucky bullets and two shot me. What a shame.

It's harder to use for sure, but if you maintain a good firing cadence (as in, not as fast as possible) it stays pretty accurate.

Sometimes I feel like I am totally lined up on a shot and it misses anyway. I have a feeling the accuracy nerf threw in some shitty bloom or something.

I'd still rather use it than a pulse.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've definitely played Age of Mythology, Age of Empires II and Dota 2 more than 404 hours.

AoE 2, one of the greatest games of all time, or greatest game of all time? I'm thinking the latter.

noomi

Would like to see Dust Palace as the nightfall tomorrow, it's never been one before.

It's your time to shine Dust Palace!

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm down to play!!! I'll be home in an hour...

I just added you on XBL now

Awesome :)

Got H1 installed and H2 soon.

Takes a good while to install the collection but i guess its since im playing at the same time.

74% total :p

100% H1 60% H2 100% H3 100% H4 and 10% something something

LTWood12

The Anguish of Drystan is named after a guardian who kept getting picked for brand duty.

814 hours. Good thing it doesn't count time spent on DGAF.

Namikaze1

Destiny is #1 on my list. After that is Pokemon Emerald with over 600 hours spent on that game. I can't remember the rest. I think I put about 400 hours into Skyrim. I think.

GutZ31

My crucible winrate when solo queueing is about 20%.

MM is just way too brutal.

I keep bringing it back up, but lately I haven't heard ANYONE ask for matchmade raids.
I am hoping that after people have played matchmade heroic strikes on echo chamber, and SABER to name a few, that they feel slightly less confident that raiding with randoms is a good idea.

Strider

AoE 2, one of the greatest games of all time, or greatest game of all time? I'm thinking the latter.

Not saying it's a better game but I always prefered AoM. That's my all time favorite...

I spent over 1000 hours easily on just the vanilla game back in the day.

I'll be buying the upcoming expansion Day 1.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Chaperone 4 life bruh.

Love that weapon, it's my go to special weapon in crucible.

Shhhhhhhh! You don't it to become popular, otherwise they'll nerf it T_T

Ahem...Listen everyone! The Chaperone sucks ass! Please don't use it or you will suck in the crucible!

Mindlog

Banana gifs.
I had been having fun with Jade Rabbit, but it doesn't quite excel in close quarters.
Had no special ammo.
Knew there was at least one shotgun up there because it killed the teammate that jumped up.

Screw it, who cares. Let's roll.
wwtsC4S.gif

Missed the second headshot like a scrub.

Homeboyd

Boredom is the #1 killer during Oryx fight...

"He's going right."
Muwahaha -- Fist slam
Zzzzz
Bungie is going to full revenge mode on Heroic KF.

Final encounter now consists of:

- 3 Oryxii
- Everyone gets ripped into another dimension constantly
- 130 respawning Taken Captains every 7 seconds
- No health regen
- No revives
- Max party of 3 people (must boot 3 people before Oryx phase will start)
- No res-locks
- Trickle, Epic, Exposure, Oryx Burn and Nightfall modifiers on (1 wipe = booted, lose CP)
- 4 Wraiths and Jackal Snipers from Halo 2 because fuck you
- 1 minute time limit
- Ogres respawn and have overshields
- Map is completely dark the entire fight
- Ant-grav 4000% so if you jump even once you'll rocket off into space
- Vessel immortality bubble now filled with poison while standing inside of it
- Must sacrifice touch of malice to begin encounter in addition to booting 3 friends
- Teleport phase sends you to Crota HM fight on launch week as a level 30
- Only 1 server used for HM KF shared between everyone in the world and it's located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

SkylineRKR

Onmigul was the only multiplatform strike on TDB. And Dust Palace can very well be the next NF.

I think Bungie is going to drip feed updated old strikes over time. I must say they did a decent job on these few. Sometimes Cerberus Vae has an Anomaly, sometimes the Tank. Sometimes Taken, sometimes Cabal. And Dinklebot is completely shut down everywhere.

Finally got my Void Flayer Mantle. The long grind is over (until I decide I want the Arc/Solar versions).

Someone on Reddit or Bnet made a post asking people which classes they were getting strike exclusive gear as, and it started becoming clear people were getting loot for classes they weren't playing. I started wondering if Bungie weighted exclusive strike stuff to drop this way order to entice players to roll other characters. This seemed to explain why I, a hunter, had 3 Maws, 3 Darkblade Helms and at least one of every other Lock/Titan strike gear but absolutely nothing for Hunters. So I leveled up my Titan and went back to farming Dust Palace. Guess what pops up within a few games...

I see you, Bungie.

Since TTK released, I haven't touched my other two characters. I've only been playing on my main (warlock).

After my first 5 or so runs on Taniks, I had two hunter cloaks. And after about maybe 8-10 runs on the darkblade, I had the titan helmet. This is before I even knew there was class specific gear from strikes.

Don't have anything for my warlock, but don't really care since I'm not grinding for that stuff. Still, worth mentioning that the gear I do have is for other classes and i have nothing for my warlock.

Welp, I've made a decision for HM King's Fall. I'm falling in love with my Nightstalker Hunter, like it is so much fun and I love I can use a zone control like subclass as well. But it depends on tomorrow with drops for my Warlock or Titan as well. But it looks like I'm starting the raid on HM with my Hunter :p

Kyne

HM Drop wish-list:w

Taken Shader/Armor.

Exotic Taken Sword.

Taken elemental primaries.

Taken sparrow that blinks/warps.

bungie pls.

take me.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yo Xbox gamers, is it not possible to use USB headsets with the X1? I tried plugging my PS4 gold in hope it would work, didnt seem like it did beyond making the beep connected sound D:

phen0m24

- 3 Oryxii
- No health regen
- No revives
- No res-locks
- Trickle, Epic, Exposure, Oryx Burn and Nightfall modifiers on (1 wipe = booted, lose CP)
- 1 minute time limit
- Must sacrifice touch of malice to begin encounter in addition to booting 3 friends
- Only 1 server used for HM KF shared between everyone in the world and it's located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

If Bungie didn't hire Homey after the post earlier,
this one's a lock

LiK

Yo Xbox games, is it not possible to use USB headsets with the X1? I tried plugging my PS4 gold in hope it would work, didnt seem like it did beyond making the beep connected sound D:

you need to use the headset adapter with it, iirc. can't use it directly, I think.

phen0m24

Yo Xbox gamers, is it not possible to use USB headsets with the X1? I tried plugging my PS4 gold in hope it would work, didnt seem like it did beyond making the beep connected sound D:

My son uses it plugged into the NEW controller, but it works passively (read:not powered)

It works though, he likes it

E92 M3

- 3 Oryxii
- No health regen
- No revives
- No res-locks
- 1 minute time limit

oUHAiEL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom