• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the last person who joined managed to beat Atheon on his own, so yes

By the way, I'm forming another team for the Atheon cheese, feel free to join!

Yeah, last guy helped. It was also one of the few times we got the oracles all killed.

Also, I feel like I won the RNG lottery.... Vex Mythoclast, Raid Helm and Timesplitter!!!

Yeah thats me. Always enjoy helping people out with the raid and making Atheon fall off :p

Sabotage

After 35Hrs I finally get my first Legendary Engram, and what luck, I happens to be for a helm, the only gear slot I have that is still rare. So, I go to Rahool with a big smile on my face, ready to hit full Legendary and.... Fuck, the helm is for a Warlock, I am a Hunter. Damn you Rahool.

But everyone has an alt bro?

purg3

slept with Malkin
So after getting raid gloves yesterday, I'll be able to hit 29 now. How doable is the Hard raid at 29? Also have a fully leveled legendary auto rifle and ice breaker.

Rehsa

Ran my first Nightfall last night and got my first Exotic, Achlyophage

Oh2eN5a.jpg

Then saw the Fireteam Leader got..

Cs2TDu3.jpg

Hawkmoon :( (Still happy I got an Exotic drop!)

KeRaSh

I think the last person who joined managed to beat Atheon on his own, so yes

By the way, I'm forming another team for the Atheon cheese, feel free to join!

Haha that's just my luck I guess. :D
I'll try. But still at work so I can't look at the screen most of the time. What do you want me to do?

/edit: nvm full

Greenymac

It is fantastic. I have it fully upgraded and done Raid twice with it. And everything else also including pvp.

A beastly gun and the favorite I own. I also used it in Raids, PVP and PVE. That 12 shot magazine and kills granting ammo directly into the mag is just OP.

So after getting raid gloves yesterday, I'll be able to hit 29 now. How doable is the Hard raid at 29? Also have a fully leveled legendary auto rifle and ice breaker.

Damn, you were one of the first people I ever saw hit 28.

You didn't hit 29 yet on any characters?

I ran into a wild Zoba during Earth Patrols last night and started meleeing him. He hopped on his sparrow and sped away. I would have done the same.

In other news, I found The Last Word, pretty excited to give it a try in PvP because it looks pretty sweet. I had no idea it was fully automatic and I was pressing fire as fast as I could for the longest time... lol

And Fatebringer kicks ass in VoG hard.

:lol poor Twilight

Just want to say a big thank you to Unknown837 and ComputermkII for letting me join the raid on hard and chessing Atheon. The RNG still hates me, didn't get the raid helmet :(

Deku Tree

ATHEON HARD CHECKPOINT GAF GIVEAWAY

Just join my fire team and then die and go to orbit and you'll have it (if you send me a FR then say "Atheon Checkpoint GAF"). Will be doing this AFK for 20 minutes while I get ready.

OK this is over now. Gotta go. Sorry one guardian who joined me at the end who may not have gotten it. I tried to go back to Atheon for you but it said your controller was disconnected and it wouldn't let me go back.

Dammit, I'm at work.

I'm going to try to beat him tonight EST if you want to join.

You are doing God's work

Thanks!

Bungie better be fixing this soon.

Why? I don't personally understand why people get upset about exploits, although you certainly have the right to your opinion and I'm not trying to say otherwise.

Can you grab the checkpoint if you haven't completed the raid before?

No. You must have at least completed the normal raid.

What's your PSN?

I think you found it because I think I saw you in there.

All I need now to "complete" my Warlock is the raid boots.

So very tempted to delete my Level 1 Hunter for now just so I can run the raid twice a week.

Rehsa

If you like Golden Gun, that helmet is amazing.

Yeah I have Gunslinger maxed out, working on Bladedancer, so it will be nice. Didn't have enough coins to buy it and kinda wish it had INT instead of DIS but I will take what RNGesus blesseth me with!

realcZk

Does anyone know at which parts of the raid can the raid gear drop?

Templar, Gatekeeper and Pre-Gorgon chest? Is that it aside from hard mode Helmet Atheon drops?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn, you were one of the first people I ever saw hit 28.

You didn't hit 29 yet on any characters?

I did the Raid early on and we couldn't get past the Templar our first night and I haven't played it since then. Just completed the raid for the first time yesterday. Yeah I would easily be 30 if I raided the past few weeks. But seems like I could either never find a group, or when a group was ready I would be out with friends/on a date. So personal life kind of slowed down my progress, but yeah I had a pretty fast start to this game lol.

Dunlop

After benching the game at 24, I decided to try and get my money's worth and followed Hawkian's awesome guide.

I ran into a love hate/hate relationship as I did the damn grind to get my Warlock to level 25..now I find my self wanting to play the game lol

I bought my faction chest and upgraded it to hit 25

Currently I am:

0.75 vanguard rep
140 - vanguard marks
22 - Motes of Light
11 - Strange coins

I hope to hit level 2 rep this weekend (praying there is a grinding rep speed method lol) and have the motes and coins to spend at Xur

My spare time is pretty terrible, any recommendations of the best way to spend this and buy gear and weapons?Much appreciated

OT8? Hot damn guys!!

My warlock is almost 27! That would make one of each class at 27 and above!

It's sweet running everything twice a week. soon to be three times.

Deku Tree

It bothers me that Bungie appears to care more about preventing exploits that make the game easier, than they do about implementing promised features that we never got yet.

realcZk

Speaking of hand cannons, TDYK vs Fatebringer, opinions?

One of my friends has a TDYK with the perk that kills give ammo directly to the magazine. It's ridiculous. If we are talking about vendor version, I prefer the Fatebringer just because of the explosions after precision kills, with the arc damage being really good for shields. They are both top tier handcannons, so you should fully upgrade both and see which one you like better :)

Keep in mind that FB does +Damage to Oracles in the raid.

I did the Raid early on and we couldn't get past the Templar our first night and I haven't played it since then. Just completed the raid for the first time yesterday. Yeah I would easily be 30 if I raided the past few weeks. But seems like I could either never find a group, or when a group was ready I would be out with friends/on a date. So personal life kind of slowed down my progress, but yeah I had a pretty fast start to this game lol.

Yeah man, I had barrels of jelly.

Anyways, you're on my friends list and we have a really good group of guys that we raid/nightfall/strike with so add me and you can hop into our raids. We all have 3 raid characters so you are bound to be around for when we are gonna go in.

gamertag is: NJ Shlice

panda-zebra

OK, here's the video of the method I mentioned earlier to get Atheon in the sweet spot for a push every time 100%. I know some have struggled with kiting him around so this helps negate that hassle and keeps the portal crew from name-calling and general abuse directed at the real hero - the Warlock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZJBSXsTdA

Method in video description. Any questions just ask, it should be straightforward enough, though.

Worth a look just to see how crap I was at doing the easy part - the push, lol. The shame :D

purg3

slept with Malkin

Anyways, you're on my friends list and we have a really good group of guys that we raid/nightfall/strike with so add me and you can hop into our raids. We all have 3 raid characters so you are bound to be around for when we are gonna go in.

Yeah I see you on all the time, sounds good. I think I'm going to level a second Titan for now so I can run it twice a week.

BraXzy

I got really confused when I went to my subscriptions and the Destiny OT was faded out. I thought oh boy ded gaem. Turns out ya'll are too talkative and got moved elsewhere huh?

JohnIIVII

I see both of you guys on a lot too. Ive got a hunter who is raid ready and a warlock who is almost there so if you guys ever need another for a raid or nightfall shoot me an invite ill be happy to help. Im tired of having to rely on destinylfg lol GT - CruxII7

Flayer

Is there anything you can do with Vanguard marks if you don't have any levels with the Vanguard faction? I levelled up a faction instead of Vanguard but now I realise I have no way of spending the marks to keep me beneath the 200 cap, unless there's something I'm unaware of.

Rixxan

I finally had a chance to enter Crucible with my Grim Citizen III (GR3) in tow. I've been rocking the GR3 since week one of Destiny. I have become very attached to the gun and use it for just about every mode (Atheon's Epilogue gets more Raid time). I was very afraid of what Bungie did to it with the latest patch.

My first match was rough. I was getting way more assists than normal, it felt like it took forever to take down an enemy, and I was generally performing poorly in the match. It was also my first Crucible match since the weekend.

After that first match I was warmed up and was doing much better. I was finally able to get kills with the GR3. Of course, then it was very apparent that the gun did feel slightly less powerful. Instead of seeing the yellow "32" spill out of my opponents' heads, I was seeing "27." I still find the GR3 to be effective and I will continue to take it with me into Crucible. I know its feel, I know what to expect from the gun, and it fits my style perfectly.

Noticeable difference to the recoil? (Stability)

I havent played since the patch and i too have been using the GCIII for quite some time - so this was my big concern

Bizazedo

It was good in that he let them ask good questions and they didn't throw him softballs....but his answers were, perhaps understandably, not really illuminating or helpful. The only thing I got out of it was that "Bungie is aware of the feedback".

It's assumed they know of the complaints at this point, I am past that, I want to know what they plan to do next.

Why? I don't personally understand why people get upset about exploits, although you certainly have the right to your opinion and I'm not trying to say otherwise.

People view it as cheapening their own experiences / achievements when people don't do it legit. Like think about all the bitching about the Vex Mythoclast and how "it should be awesome it's an endgame weapon drop!"

It SHOULD be awesome, it's an endgame weapon drop, but what's unsaid there is how it should also be an item that shows "Hey, this person is a badass who acquired it....or his / her team is, anyways".

The cheese, but especially the checkpoint trades, really negates...well, all of that. I assume that's what figadapaura meant and unlike their opinion on sunbros....figadapaura is right, here.

It bothers me that Bungie appears to care more about preventing exploits that make the game easier, than they do about implementing promised features that we never got yet.

Honestly, it's probably easier to fix the exploits than implement features....hence, it happens quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom