• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Shall we take bets if tomorrow's weekly is going to be 5 paragraphs story and 3 sentences info. Or will it be all info? I have a feeling it'll be less about Guardians and their adventures, and more concrete info.

Steroyd

Dat feels when I get my Titan to level 30.

Now to play more with my alts. Hunter is already lvl 15. ^_^

I absolutely hate the Warlocks glide, holy shit no wonder people strugle on the platform section in the raid.

best weapon for raid?

I got suros fully upgraded
shadow price: upgraded to poit of shards
aetheons epiloiuge: balrey touched

If I go with a legendary I can use time and patience (ARC)
if suros I got 77 wizard or final boss (solar for both)

also just relized I cant use my marks from the titan to buy legendary gear for my hunter from the vangaurd.
well that sucks

Deku Tree

It was good in that he let them ask good questions and they didn't throw him softballs....but his answers were, perhaps understandably, not really illuminating or helpful. The only thing I got out of it was that "Bungie is aware of the feedback".

It's assumed they know of the complaints at this point, I am past that, I want to know what they plan to do next.

People view it as cheapening their own experiences / achievements when people don't do it legit. Like think about all the bitching about the Vex Mythoclast and how "it should be awesome it's an endgame weapon drop!"

It SHOULD be awesome, it's an endgame weapon drop, but what's unsaid there is how it should also be an item that shows "Hey, this person is a badass who acquired it....or his / her team is, anyways".

The cheese really negates...well, all of that. I assume that's what figadapaura meant and unlike their opinion on sunbros....figadapaura is right, here.

Honestly, it's probably easier to fix the exploits than implement features....hence, it happens quicker.

My personal issue with that argument is Destinys implementation of RNGesus...

There is no control for if the best player got the best stuff or if it was the player that was being carried.

Can I just put in that Raiding with Gafers is great. Wednesday night, and everyone on the fireteam already had the nightfall glow. Out and about doing strikes and bounties, and maybe one in three 29's have it by the weekend.

TheContact

My friend got suros for doing the nightfall, I got 7 shards, and my other friend got a legendary armor piece. The 7 shards was nice

patchday

Is there anything you can do with Vanguard marks if you don't have any levels with the Vanguard faction? I levelled up a faction instead of Vanguard but now I realise I have no way of spending the marks to keep me beneath the 200 cap, unless there's something I'm unaware of.

Yep that is the fatal flaw for picking a Faction w/o ranking up Vanguard first

wig21

GAF,

My friends and I are looking to run the raid for the first time tonight on normal. There are three of us 2 x lvl 28 hunters and a 28 titan. We need the help of three more guardians to complete this. If you want to join it will probably be around 7 PM EST. Just add me as a PSN friend and I will message you.

PSN: wig21

I just accepted and turned in the Relic Harvest, Exalted Hive and Earth Patrol bounties today after the reset and now when I checked at the bounty board a couple of hours later it seems I can do all three of them again. I don't remember this happening before, some kind of glitch?

patchday

There is no control for if the best player got the best stuff or if it was the player that was being carried.

Not rewarding the best players in Crucible is one of the worst game design decision I've seen in any FPS in such a long time. It just baffles me. Should've at least granted more rep bonus at the very least

TheContact

I absolutely hate the Warlocks glide, holy shit no wonder people strugle on the platform section in the raid.

Warlock glide is nice but you need to level it up. The sunsinger one with boost and control is amazing

Man after going through the raid last night and getting no raid armor, I feel like i've hit a wall. My group of friends run the raid twice a week (have 7 ppl in our group) for the past 3 weeks and I'm the only one that has not seen raid armor. Now they're talking about doing Hard Modes and I guess I'll have to sit out now :(

Is it possible to carry a 28 into hard mode (if everyone else is a 29)? If not anyone have a hard mode atheon checkpoint? Would like to try to cheese hard mode for a piece of raid gear so I can do it legit with my friends

Deku Tree

I don't even particularly mind the cheese, it's the checkpoint giveaway bs that bugs me.

I hear you.

For me, As long as it's in the game I dont personally have a problem doing anything that the game allows you to do. This is a video game designed for my enjoyment IMO, not a competitive activity with real world implications for who wins.

What? Warlock glide makes that shit beyond easy... I'm always the first person on the top ledge on the other side.

I see both of you guys on a lot too. Ive got a hunter who is raid ready and a warlock who is almost there so if you guys ever need another for a raid or nightfall shoot me an invite ill be happy to help. Im tired of having to rely on destinylfg lol GT - CruxII7

Yup, I see you on also. I'll hit you guy up next time we need someone for a raid.

On another note...

My girl is at her maximum capacity with me and this game. We've fought like 10 times over the past few weeks over this. I know I just need to pull back a little, try to go to bed at the same time as her. But I keep playing way too late and too long. I wasn't eating dinner, coming home from work and heading straight into my office to play till 1am. So I gotta pull back. Two nights ago I told her "5 more minutes" and the second nightfall was taking longer than intended... she came storming out of the bedroom, calling me a fucking liar and threw my pillows on the floor and shut the bedroom door.

The couch was mine that night.

At the bare minimum I want to run the nightfall 3 times a week and the weekly heroic on 28 at least twice for the coins. Don't even mention leveling up all this gear I have. Thats never gonna happen.

EL CUCO

Can someone provide a summary? I'm at work and I can't listen right now.

Thanks in advance

I have to make it brief, since I'm at work as well but alot of our concerns with lack of story development, repetitiveness, net code, balance, lack of NPC life in the open world, pre launch perception vs post launch perception was all brought up to Deej with no sugar coat.

Deej didn't offer anything other than the standard "We hear you, so keep talking" but something that stood out to me was he said "We want you to call us out on our bullshit". That's commendable.

I also got the impression that they're doing somethings different going forward. He kept mentioning about how they are a different Bungie post launch and have learned a few things about Destiny, thanks to us.

Bizazedo

Shall we take bets if tomorrow's weekly is going to be 5 paragraphs story and 3 sentences info. Or will it be all info? I have a feeling it'll be less about Guardians and their adventures, and more concrete info.
I hope you're right, I want to believe.

In a way, that's part of the struggle though. Think about it the other way.

Figadapaura has a kick-butt raid team. They fight there way through, week after week, and then bam, finally, Vex Mythoclast AND the raid helm drops. Victory!

Then the following weeks everyone just trades checkpoints, uses alts, cheeses Atheon, and suddenly all sorts of idiots have Vexes and raid helms. It's maddening.

Steroyd

best weapon for raid?

I got suros fully upgraded
shadow price: upgraded to poit of shards
aetheons epiloiuge: balrey touched

If I go with a legendary I can use time and patience (ARC)
if suros I got 77 wizard or final boss (solar for both)

also just relized I cant use my marks from the titan to buy legendary gear for my hunter from the vangaurd.
well that sucks

I'll tell you right now, get touching it, a atheons prologue fully maxed out can take out 3 oracles in one clip and it murders the praetorians (minotaurs) void shield very quickly to make them more manageable.

I'll tell you right now, get touching it, a atheons prologue fully maxed out can take out 3 oracles in one clip and it murders the praetorians (minotaurs) void shield very quickly to make them more manageable.

Idk, I use a maxed out AE yesterday and I definitetly noticed the damage and stability nerfs to it. I've switched over to using The Devil You Know for raiding now (this is on normal btw).

ERMint13

Man after going through the raid last night and getting no raid armor, I feel like i've hit a wall. My group of friends run the raid twice a week (have 7 ppl in our group) for the past 3 weeks and I'm the only one that has not seen raid armor. Now they're talking about doing Hard Modes and I guess I'll have to sit out now :(

Is it possible to carry a 28 into hard mode (if everyone else is a 29)? If not anyone have a hard mode atheon checkpoint? Would like to try to cheese hard mode for a piece of raid gear so I can do it legit with my friends

If you have an exotic piece of armor you can upgrade all armor even your legendary normal and get to 29. I hit 29 with an exotic chest and normal legendary gear. I think I had one upgrade slot left on my gauntlets too.

Might be a waste of shards but seeing as you haven't gotten raid gear you are probably swimming in shards like I was...

Overdoziz

Banned
Got some interesting drops just now:

n8y4kA1.jpg

7GRKNUm.jpg

If you have an exotic piece of armor you can upgrade all armor even your legendary normal and get to 29. I hit 29 with an exotic chest and normal legendary gear. I think I had one upgrade slot left on my gauntlets too.

Might be a waste of shards but seeing as you haven't gotten raid gear you are probably swimming in shards like I was...

Yeah I've considered this, though if my math is correct, I need another 42 shards and I don't have that many atm either...

OK, here's the video of the method I mentioned earlier to get Atheon in the sweet spot for a push every time 100%. I know some have struggled with kiting him around so this helps negate that hassle and keeps the portal crew from name-calling and general abuse directed at the real hero - the Warlock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZJBSXsTdA

Method in video description. Any questions just ask, it should be straightforward enough, though.

Worth a look just to see how crap I was at doing the easy part - the push, lol. The shame :D

I'm more impressed that your portal team cleared it with so many 28's.

Cømet

Banned
So I finally got a chance at the "new and improved" Crucible. Still broken, just in a different way. Instead of an orgy of ARs, FRs and shotgun sliding, it's now an orgy of HCs, FRs and shotgun sliding.

HCs should not be better at killing than a freaking heavy machine gun. The damn weapon class has gone to the other extreme now.
Scout rifles actually feel about right. Two-three-four shots to kill depending on where you're hit (haven't used em in Crucible but not felt cheated being killed by one). HCs though.....two shots anywhere is currently a kill. Shit is still broke.

Far more hunters than before in Crucible too. I can see the way it's going. Guess I'll have to get Call of Duty after all for my balanced PvP fix.

EDIT: I've only just noticed the OT title is botched. Oh Dax...

Steroyd

Warlock glide is nice but you need to level it up. The sunsinger one with boost and control is amazing

What? Warlock glide makes that shit beyond easy... I'm always the first person on the top ledge on the other side.

Okay, first impression wasn't good, coming off Titan and Hunter I kept dying doing basic jumps because you just fall if gravity starts happening.

I was trying to get a chest on earth that was just like the section with the bump that knocks you off the thin ledge, kept failing lol.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
People view it as cheapening their own experiences / achievements when people don't do it legit. Like think about all the bitching about the Vex Mythoclast and how "it should be awesome it's an endgame weapon drop!"

It SHOULD be awesome, it's an endgame weapon drop, but what's unsaid there is how it should also be an item that shows "Hey, this person is a badass who acquired it....or his / her team is, anyways".

The cheese, but especially the checkpoint trades, really negates...well, all of that. I assume that's what figadapaura meant and unlike their opinion on sunbros....figadapaura is right, here.

Bungie could fix the Atheon falling and checkpoint exploitation, then remove Vex from everyone and guarantee the same weapon (without nerf) as extra loot for those already having that for doing hard Raid one more time legitly. I think everyone would or at least should be happy with this solution as its just fair and square. With this procedure, the mighty Vex gets its glory back as badass weapon of badass guardians.

E92 M3

Yup, I see you on also. I'll hit you guy up next time we need someone for a raid.

On another note...

My girl is at her maximum capacity with me and this game. We've fought like 10 times over the past few weeks over this. I know I just need to pull back a little, try to go to bed at the same time as her. But I keep playing way too late and too long. I wasn't eating dinner, coming home from work and heading straight into my office to play till 1am. So I gotta pull back. Two nights ago I told her "5 more minutes" and the second nightfall was taking longer than intended... she came storming out of the bedroom, calling me a fucking liar and threw my pillows on the floor and shut the bedroom door.

The couch was mine that night.

At the bare minimum I want to run the nightfall 3 times a week and the weekly heroic on 28 at least twice for the coins. Don't even mention leveling up all this gear I have. Thats never gonna happen.

Yeah, we've all been there. I say you give her a romantic weekend and that will buy you a good week's worth of gaming lol. That is the strategy I use. The game is killing people that get easily addicted to positive feedback loops.

Okay, first impression wasn't good, coming off Titan and Hunter I kept dying doing basic jumps because you just fall if gravity starts happening.

I was trying to get a chest on earth that was just like the section with the bump that knoxks you off, kept failing lol.

Ok fair enough, that is a bit annoying, but as long as you time it right, it's pretty easy.

Bizazedo

Bungie could fix the Atheon falling and checkpoint exploitation, then remove Vex from everyone and guarantee the same weapon (without nerf) as extra loot for for those already having that for doing hard Raid one more time legitly. I think everyone would or at least should be happy with this solution as its just fair and square.

If it was PvE only and the Vex was a guaranteed drop on the next clear if you cleared it again and owned it prior? Maybe.

Rixxan

What's everyone's average lifetime k/d?

My overall is 1.94.
My control games drag it down as (for some reason) I play a little too recklesssly in control and the average there is 1.47.
Clash is 2.29
Skirmish 2.68
Rumble 1.94

Not into bragging, I generally ignore lifetime stats but I'm curious how good our regular members are.

Also please mention how often you go in with a full fireteam. I tend to play Skmirmish with full, but I play about 50% of my clash and control solo and Rumble almost always solo.

Overall is 2.16

Play nothing but Control, queue solo - and will drop a massive excuse and say if I had a Suros Regime for the last few weeks it would easily be over 3.0

/salt

Hey guys I deleted a bunch of people on my PSN that either stopped playing Destiny, or never played Destiny at all ( why put your name in a destiny thread and then never play lol ). Anyways my list is now kinda low so I wanna repopulate it with new GAF friends ( that actively play ).
Add me: Bloodbathnbyond

Cømet;134581996 said:
HCs should not be better at killing than a freaking heavy machine gun. The damn weapon class has gone to the other extreme now.
Scout rifles actually feel about right. Two-three-four shots to kill depending on where you're hit (haven't used em in Crucible but not felt cheated being killed by one). HCs though.....two shots anywhere is currently a kill. Shit is still broke.

Ok, now I'm convinced the net code is just more broken than I thought it was. I tried using a half leveled The Last Word in Crucible post patch and it was taking like four shots to put anyone down. Usually it wouldn't put them down at all.

Noticeable difference to the recoil? (Stability)

I havent played since the patch and i too have been using the GCIII for quite some time - so this was my big concern
Nothing that I inherently noticed, felt, or wasn't simply able to counter. I wish I could give you something more concrete than that, though. I had forgotten completely about stability being changed and was laser-focused solely on the damage.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I feel like it takes too much xp to get your weapons up to a decent level. I hardly switch out because it takes forever to level my backups.

The "woke the hive" mission is a quick way to farm XP for weapons and armor. That's usually what I do to level weapons once I've done my daily bounty missions. Just kill most of the enemies that come from the door and leave the knight and let him kill you, just keep doing that and you rack up XP quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom