• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to get raid gear with different mods?

Also anyone notice any difference while using the 'icebreaker' upgrade on Icebreaker?

The "woke the hive" mission is a quick way to farm XP for weapons and armor. That's usually what I do to level weapons once I've done my daily bounty missions.
Do you just keep redoing that same mission, or do you die and restart at a checkpoint?

I just accepted and turned in the Relic Harvest, Exalted Hive and Earth Patrol bounties today after the reset and now when I checked at the bounty board a couple of hours later it seems I can do all three of them again. I don't remember this happening before, some kind of glitch?

If you don't log out of Destiny during the daily refresh of bounties you can do the new ones, then when you log out/back in, they are refreshed again.

Can effectively double your daily bounties, if you log in at the right time.

Used to work for weekly/raid, but seems to have been patched.

Cømet

Banned
Ok, now I'm convinced the net code is just more broken than I thought it was. I tried using a half leveled The Last Word in Crucible post patch and it was taking like four shots to put anyone down. Usually it wouldn't put them down at all.

The PvP is shockingly all over the place and seems to be getting worse with each patch. Being able to kill each other at the same time in week one was charming and reminded me of Halo, and I liked it. But today, I'm able to apparently be killed, yet run around a bend and kill two others before I actually drop.

Crucible is utterly fucked. I don't know how or why, considering PvE doesn't seem to have the same problems (for the most part). It really needs removing, rewriting, and putting back in.

EDIT: The HC demolishing an entire team with no effort in my last match was a painted crucible rare. So yeah. pretty fucked.

blackflag

Ok, now I'm convinced the net code is just more broken than I thought it was. I tried using a half leveled The Last Word in Crucible post patch and it was taking like four shots to put anyone down. Usually it wouldn't put them down at all.

It's because he's wrong, 2 hand cannon shots in PVP definitely doesn't kill.

realcZk

Someone was saying if you have low level alts (8) and you decrypt your blue engrams you'll get more currency items like motes/strange coins because there aren't many rares for them. Has anyone tested this? If it works and you need some coins/motes it might not be a bad idea.

If you don't log out of Destiny during the daily refresh of bounties you can do the new ones, then when you log out/back in, they are refreshed again.

Can effectively double your daily bounties, if you log in at the right time.

Used to work for weekly/raid, but seems to have been patched.

Yeah this is great, gonna try and do this every time. Really need exp for my weapons/armor.

Someone from our team is willing to leave so a Warlock can join and help us kill Atheon.

Is anybody interested?

If you guys need it, I'll be happy to help: PS4: Unknown837

The "woke the hive" mission is a quick way to farm XP for weapons and armor. That's usually what I do to level weapons once I've done my daily bounty missions. Just kill most of the enemies that come from the door and leave the knight and let him kill you, just keep doing that and you rack up XP quick.
The mission is on the moon and it is called "The Dark Beyond." Just so our fellow GAFfers know what to pick. :)

EL CUCO

I got this last night. Anyone using it? Love or Hate it?

Rate of fire seams nice.

ff42bdffd7b19d261227f0dc9ba28a7555db5e22.jpg__620x348_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

I have it and its pretty good, but I have a problem with pulse rifles overall in Destiny.

I feel like they offer me less than what I could get out of an AR. They basically have no identity atm.

Its wayy better than Bad Juju, that's for sure.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The mission is on the moon and it is called "The Dark Beyond." Just so our fellow GAFfers know what to pick. :)

Haha yeah, I just have that line engrained in my brain after doing it so many times. I figured most would know which one that was.

Dante316

Dat feels when I get my Titan to level 30.

Now to play more with my alts. Hunter is already lvl 15. ^_^

I absolutely hate the Warlocks glide, holy shit no wonder people strugle on the platform section in the raid.

Umm the warlock glide is the best one...it gives you full directional control. A warlock should have zero issues on that part. You just jump and press x again and move in any direction you want.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
OK, here's the video of the method I mentioned earlier to get Atheon in the sweet spot for a push every time 100%. I know some have struggled with kiting him around so this helps negate that hassle and keeps the portal crew from name-calling and general abuse directed at the real hero - the Warlock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZJBSXsTdA

Method in video description. Any questions just ask, it should be straightforward enough, though.

Worth a look just to see how crap I was at doing the easy part - the push, lol. The shame :D

I don't understand why you need a portal crew though. As soon as you spawn, you can run up to him, kite him then knock him off within the first 20 seconds.

The "woke the hive" mission is a quick way to farm XP for weapons and armor. That's usually what I do to level weapons once I've done my daily bounty missions. Just kill most of the enemies that come from the door and leave the knight and let him kill you, just keep doing that and you rack up XP quick.

I know I used to farm here before they fixed it, it's just kinda terrible that it takes so much xp this is pretty much your only recourse. It takes forever through normal gameplaying.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Umm the warlock glide is the best one...it gives you full directional control. A warlock should have zero issues on that part. You just jump and press x again and move in any direction you want.

Warlocks can just glide across in one jump at the jumping puzzle. No need to actually do the puzzle.

panda-zebra

I don't understand why you need a portal crew though. As soon as you spawn, you can run up to him, kite him then knock him off within the first 20 seconds.

This is for people who are having trouble kiting him. The pre-portal push off is much, much harder to pull off.

His method seams more consistent.

Yes, you can run him, kite him, and knock him off the first try within one minute. But in my experiences knocking him off 4 times.... We probably average 20 minutes per try. He can be tricky.

Ourobolus

Banned
Lv 28 Hunter here. Would anyone be willing to accept a newbie (to the raid, at least) to a raid later tonight (roughly 10 EST, PS4)?

Cømet

Banned
It's because he's wrong, 2 hand cannon shots in PVP definitely doesn't kill.

Uhuh, uhuh. I know what hit me, what hit others. I'll take what's happening in front of me over "you're wrong mang" from a stranger on the internet any day.

Also, thanks to the guys that recommended Shadow Price the other day. Great gun. Wish it had five more rounds in the mag, or a capacity upgrade, but otherwise very solid.

Fixed1979

So it's Xur's Eve! What's everyone hopping for tomorrow?

Really hoping for a a nice helm for my sunslinger. I'm also hoping for a new primary for my Titan. Using the vendor version of the shadow price with the low clip is really annoying in a few different situations, having to reload to take down the Templars bubble he puts you in sucks, and using a machine gun to do it means I can't have a launcher equipped.

rdrr gnr

I had to make two jumps. If there's a better way, I want to know.
I'm a Titan. I do it in one-ish jumps. Ignore the first platform. Get your timing right so you land on the second just as it appears. From the second you can jump all the way down and land safely on that skinny ledge all the way below. You don't really need to land/wait on the second platform just enough to reset your jump. You can also death from above super to land in the area in zero jumps.

It's faster to kill Atheon the right way than to cheese if you ask me. And to all you cheesers... What happens when this gets patched and you're a level 30 who has no clue how to kill Atheon or hold your own in or out of the portal?

Normal and hard are two different beasts, so no one can say, well I killed Atheon on normal straight up so I know how to do it on hard.

Too much cheese leads to constipation.

blackflag

Cømet;134584045 said:
Uhuh, uhuh. I know what hit me, what hit others. I'll take what's happening in front of me over "you're wrong mang" from a stranger on the internet any day.

Also, thanks to the guys that recommended Shadow Price the other day. Great gun. Wish it had five more rounds in the mag, or a capacity upgrade, but otherwise very solid.

That's fine I'm just letting others know that you are wrong since you are misinformed. It's for their benefit not yours. Hand cannons don't kill in 2 body shots in crucible.

I'm sure almost anyone in the thread can verify. Even youtube can verify that it's nonsense.

So it's Xur's Eve! What's everyone hopping for tomorrow?

Really hoping for a a nice helm for my sunslinger. I'm also hoping for a new primary for my Titan. Using the vendor version of the shadow price with the low clip is really annoying in a few different situations, having to reload to take down the Templars bubble he puts you in sucks, and using a machine gun to do it means I can't have a launcher equipped.
Gjallarhorn plz! I would also buy any other Warlock exotic that's not Sunbreakers just to have.

th4tguy

Looking for a weekly heroic group on ps4. Good to run something for the next 2 hours. 28 Titan. Looking to go for the 9 coin difficulty.

I have it and its pretty good, but I have a problem with pulse rifles overall in Destiny.

I feel like they offer me less than what I could get out of an AR. They basically have no identity atm.

Its wayy better than Bad Juju, that's for sure.

I feel the same. Pulse rifles are somewhere in between AR and SR. they dont offer the mayhem of the ARs and not the impact and precision of a SR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom