• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Not a fusion rifle fan, but it takes a bit more skill to know how to handle the charge rate. Still think that FRs need to be tweaked slightly. Range needs to be nerfed.

I just don't think there's anything wrong with HCs.

If bungie nerfs HC I will delete the game

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I want to throat punch my teammates that take a point when we already have 2 near each other. They're just letting the other team spawn on the other side and take the other points.

omgkitty

Did the raid for the first time last night
and got no armor or weapon drops at all :|
and was wondering if I did it again this week, would I get anything for doing it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cømet;134584744 said:
I don't even know at this point. Ghallahorn I guess? Getting a little burnt out on Destiny now. Which is good, I have work to do.

lol okay, whatever you say buddy. My eyes don't lie. Enjoy your time on the ignore list.
yikes. nothing he said was incorrect or even close to uncivil. the point about it being for others' benefit is well-taken, too. no one should think two body shots from a hand cannon can kill, on either side of the gun

here are some videos with very good weapons in which you can see fairly obviously that "two shots anywhere" do not kill
Hawkmoon
Thorn
The Last Word

I hope you'll reconsider your stance :-/ though a break from Destiny is probably not a bad idea.

Fixed1979

there just needs to be an in-game party board where you can leave a message, specify the group's reason for forming, and set expectations for those that join. like Monster Hunter. exactly like what destinylfg.net provides but in-game.

...alternatively/additionally they can just allow a player to specify the event(s) they're interested in and when you look at your friends list in game it would show what people are looking at doing.

Izayoi

Banned
So how ready is everyone to get completely dicked by DLC come December?

What's the over-under on how pissed people will be if it's only one raid, two strikes, and a handful of copy-paste story missions?

Bizazedo

So now people are complaining about HCs?

Unlike AR's and shotguns, you have to be precise and actually aim with a HC. If you miss a shot or two, you can easily be taken down. HCs are one of the few weapons that are balanced correctly. Nothing broken about them.

I actually raged at a Handcannon last night. Painted Big Chief or whatever, a rare. The guy had it set to explode on impact. I had heard it sucked as it diluted the damage, but it shook my screen so much when it hit it allowed the person to win duels with me very quickly.

So....having experienced that....what other Handcannons have this perk?! :).

realcZk

I actually raged at a Handcannon last night. Painted Big Chief or whatever, a rare. The guy had it set to explode on impact. I had heard it sucked as it diluted the damage, but it shook my screen so much when it hit it allowed the person to win duels with me very quickly.

Haha really? Never got hit by that in PvP yet. Fatebringer has it, will have to try it tonight :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
...alternatively/additionally they can just allow a player to specify the event(s) they're interested in and when you look at your friends list in game it would show what people are looking at doing.
Yeah, there should be a way to just have "Want to do Raid" visible in your friends list in game.

void666

Banned

It's a random perk for some legendaries. I have it on my TDYK.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can people clear the Hard Raid Atheon multiple times in a week and still get rewards? I thought it was only once a week....

realcZk

Can people clear the Hard Raid Atheon multiple times in a week and still get rewards? I thought it was only once a week....

Just once a week, unless you have multiple characters. And if you haven't done Normal before you attempt Hard, you get double loot rolls (Normal+Hard afaik).

LiK

I was getting demolished by a handcannon last night. Forgot to check what that guy was using.

Anyway, I didn't mind the AR range nerf but they fucked with stability and it's not as good anymore.

Does anyone have a preference for the best scout rifle that is sold by the Vanguard Quartermaster?? ... there are two of them and one of them has a crazy letters and symbols name... not sure what is the consensus on which one is better... thanks!

I picked up the a-whatever last night and played around with it in strikes (no pvp). RoF is good, stability is good, mag size is solid and precision damage is great. Handles very well and has solid range, and decent hip fire accuracy. I imagine in competent hands it will do very well in pvp and should be more than enough for any same-level encounter in pve. The other one had better range but a slower fire rate so I opted for this to pvp with.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
TLW seems slightly more versatile to me.
I think that's correct, but doesn't TLW lose on outright range?

This is a fairly obvious way to use Thorn. :p
I could give you a page of people trying to use it exactly like a Regulator and posting that it sucked....

I will try it, but all reports from peopel I know who have both maxed suggest its fun but not as effective as TLW.
makes sense, but again, a build that puts it at the center can make a big difference. I don't know why you'd write off counteracting its reload speed when it's such a weakness!
See, the only proper build here is the Sunsinger one (the rest are just using obvious reload buffs)
hmm what does this mean?

You'd have to do some testing, but I don't really see Thorn edging it at all, not in its current state and going by what I've read/seen on videos etc...

Of course, I need to try it for myself. Will upgrade next and give it a go.
I should clarify, I am totally incapable of separating the idea that we know it's being buffed from my consideration. I'm saying it's competitive now, with any kind of buff it could wind up being the winner.

Should be additionally- this would be a different thing but also great for QoL. The key with a LFG board is that it doesn't hook you up with friends, it hooks you up with anyone that is keyed to doing the same content you are at that moment, with whatever additional caveats (first time looking for help, mics required, casual run, experienced only, etc.)

Fixed1979

Yeah, there should be a way to just have "Want to do Raid" visible in your friends list in game.

Or for that matter, show the events that you've completed for the week...make it really easy to scroll through the friends list to see who hasn't done what you're looking for. Any method is better than "you guys figure it out".

Do you get more xp if you do it in higher difficulty levels?
Also do i have to be using the weapon to get xp or i just need to have it equiped?

I know bounties xp goes to everything that's equiped. But when i'm actually shooting stuff to me it seems like i only get upgrades on the weapon i'm using at the moment.

Yeah only the weapon you're using when shooting stuff. difficulty is irrelevant I think? it's 20xp per kill for every regular enemy regardless. 25k to hit the next level on exotics. So yeah have fun shooting a thousand dudes or so per level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

It's a random mod. My Big Chief which got me through the early 20s didn't have it :(

Good to know it causes that much of an effect on the victim though... something to keep my eyes peeled to have in my collection

Which weapon would you guys recommend spending marks on at the crucible quartermaster:

I was leaning towards Zombie Apocalypse Machine Gun or the Final Boss Sniper Rifle. I know people have said good things about the Lord High Fixer hand cannon but I don't really care for hand cannons. I've had maybe a total of 50 kills with hand cannons since the game launched.

Okay I'm starting to get pissed off with the Cryptarch now.

I'm at level 15 and have never received a legendary engram from him. You should at least get a guaranteed Legendary for every 5 levels or something.

RNGesus please.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I picked up the a-whatever last night and played around with it in strikes (no pvp). RoF is good, stability is good, mag size is solid and precision damage is great. Handles very well and has solid range, and decent hip fire accuracy. I imagine in competent hands it will do very well in pvp and should be more than enough for any same-level encounter in pve. The other one had better range but a slower fire rate so I opted for this to pvp with.
This is accurate. It takes a steady hand but the range is wonderful and the RoF is just shy of zoomed-SUROS-Regime levels (man that is a good gun -_-). It's definitely viable, though I don't think it's superlative among scout rifles- i haven't tried very many yet, especially in PvP.

Bizazedo

It's a random mod. My Big Chief which got me through the early 20s didn't have it :(

Good to know it causes that much of an effect on the victim though... something to keep my eyes peeled to have in my collection

Yeah, it really did. It's odd, it was the first time I had encountered it in PvP and to give you an idea I'm nearing or have surpassed (I dunno) 200k Crucible score, so I do it a decent amount. Never got hit by it before.

Or, I've never encountered someone who knew how to use it :). Either way, it worked very well for making me miss headshots and a guy I was fireteamed with was almost spitting in fury as it was messing him up as well.

LiK

The Roster should let us see people who are playing what modes. Like group them into Crucible or Strike etc. Having to go into each person's emblem and checking is a hassle.

Which weapon would you guys recommend spending marks on at the crucible quartermaster:

I was leaning towards Zombie Apocalypse Machine Gun or the Final Boss Sniper Rifle. I know people have said good things about the Lord High Fixer hand cannon but I don't really care for hand cannons. I've had maybe a total of 50 kills with hand cannons since the game launched.

Get the LHF.

It will make you start using them. Max it out and its great in PvE. One-shotting goblins in the raid is a piece of cake.

WITHE1982

Okay I'm starting to get pissed off with the Cryptarch now.

I'm at level 15 and have never received a legendary engram from him. You should at least get a guaranteed Legendary for every 5 levels or something.

RNGesus please.

I'm level 23 and haven't had a purple from him since around level 8. I personally think the update nerfed the amount of purples you get for a new level.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Roster should let us see people who are playing what modes. Like group them into Crucible or Strike etc. Having to go into each person's emblem and checking is a hassle.

Excuse me sir. That would be a social feature, and if you want extra social features, e.g., the ability to easily see what your friends are doing in-game, well, you'll have to wait for the DLC planned for 2019.

In the meantime, please feel free to exchange phone numbers so you can call your friends and ask them. Or, alternatively, you can exchange ICQ numbers, so you can download our ICQ app and connect with people that way. Easy!

Definity

The Last Word is the only hand cannon I've seen in a video someone using and actually destroy everyone with it.

I'm by no means a great player. Average at best but when I use the last word I can usually win most fights and come out on top with a positive K/D. It's my favorite weapon in the entire game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So it's Xur's Eve! What's everyone hopping for tomorrow?

Really hoping for a a nice helm for my sunslinger. I'm also hoping for a new primary for my Titan. Using the vendor version of the shadow price with the low clip is really annoying in a few different situations, having to reload to take down the Templars bubble he puts you in sucks, and using a machine gun to do it means I can't have a launcher equipped.

Anything but Gjallarhorn and The Last Word. I only have 12 coins so I'm going to freak if he has one of those and I can't buy them.

I really need to find some armor that gives me faster hand cannon reload. I love TLW but that reload is painfully slow in the middle of battle. I think I might try to build a Voidwalker Energy Drain focused build around it in the meantime. On that note, I really wish they let you save some loadouts.

realcZk

So it's Xur's Eve! What's everyone hopping for tomorrow?

Really hoping for a a nice helm for my sunslinger. I'm also hoping for a new primary for my Titan. Using the vendor version of the shadow price with the low clip is really annoying in a few different situations, having to reload to take down the Templars bubble he puts you in sucks, and using a machine gun to do it means I can't have a launcher equipped.

Armamentarium, maybe No Backup Plans just so I could get my Titan to 30 while I wait for these damn raid gloves to finally drop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Last Word is the only hand cannon I've seen in a video someone using and actually destroy everyone with it.
in the videos I linked above, the guys go 22-3 with Hawkmoon and 16-3 with Thorn, which is pretty respectable

Those are all good choices. Think about what's missing most in your arsenal first. Do you have a Solar special weapon? An Arc Heavy?

LiK

Excuse me sir. That would be a social feature, and if you want extra social features, e.g., the ability to easily see what your friends are doing in-game, well, you'll have to wait for the DLC planned for 2019.

In the meantime, please feel free to exchange phone numbers so you can call your friends and ask them. Or, alternatively, you can exchange ICQ numbers, so you can download our ICQ app and connect with people that way. Easy!

Hah

Have an Atheon Hard mode save from my brother. Cheese time. Anyone who can reliably knock him off the edge join us for some goodies.

Have 4 spots.

Shoot me a FR with neoGAF or something in the message so i know it's a fellow member.

PSNid: TheCanisDirus

If you don't get invited it's not personal just people got in before you. Love all my brothers and sisters.

I don't really care for the final boss, and with an ice breaker, any other sniper seems pointless. Maybe the boss improves with levelling. However, ZA is fantastic and will get you out of a lot of tight spots. The wizard fusion rifle is also decent though a bit slow on charge - great range and impact.

Cømet

Banned
He's right bro. I have The Last Word, 2 shots doesnt kill a dude. Maybe someone used golden gun or in the chaos that is crucible was hard tell. You retort is coming off very childish. ZOMG IGNORE. Cmon dude. That's not how Legends act.

Nope, definitely a painted crucible weapon. I would've pulled up the video but I didn't think to save it at the time. Didn't expect the HC defence league to come rushing in (I kid :p). I know what killed me and how many shots it took, shame I can't show you but then I really don't need to prove it to anyone and it's nobody else's concern since you're all very happy with it. And, is it? Some guy comes on and just says "you're wrong you're wrong!"? I'm not arguing with that. I'm sick of getting in trouble (other boards, not here) because of people like that, and I really don't have the patience for it any more. So, ignore list.

This is wrong, with the exception of one of the two being one of Hawkmoon's ace shots or another HC mod that does random bonus damage. 4 shots anywhere is a kill, or 1 headshot and two body shots.

Not even two headshots kill a fully-shielded target with full Toughness. Two headshots still require a quick tap somewhere else (or Thorn's DoT) to finish the job.

Four shots is exactly right and while it may well have been lag, it's also not as easy-as-operational-pie weapon like something like the SUROS Regime is.

Well... okay, but you'll actually be at a disadvantage

heh, really hope that doesn't happen, i'm loving it. just needs more modes and maps, and our list of guns that need buffs :)

Logical fallacy. First, attack stats are irrelevant in the Crucible, so plenty of Rare guns are completely viable if you like them (I suggest the Galahad-E to starving AR fans
myself). Second, the fact that your entire team got demolished by an HC doesn't illustrate anything other than the fact that your entire team got demolished by someone who happens to use HCs. Why you ascribe this blindly to the weapon class is beyond me? Have you spent significant time playing with one? Let me put it this way: I've come first on servers using ARs, I've come first on servers using Fusion Rifles, and I've come first on servers using Hand Cannons. guess which one took the most effort and skill o_o

Jeez Hawk your posts are always so big :p I don't know what modifiers the gun had, I didn't spend time studying the guy, I just finished the match and left. But none of your analysis changes what I saw. Again, sorry I can't share the video, but I know what killed me and how.
I just can't love Crucible any more. It's been getting laggier and plain weirder since launch week, and now it's just frustrating most of the time. I'll probably go back to playing CoD and Halo. PvE is what drew me to the game in the first place, so no biggy.

You don't have to tell me that FRs are a pile of BS ;p You'll have to forgive me for not dealing with the rest of your post. I've only today managed to crawl out of my bed (nasty stomach bug the last five-six days) and I'm not strong enough to debate it. By the time I would be, this'll be probably fifty or so pages buried. But none of it matters. I know what I saw is all I can say. Maybe it was a glitch, maybe they were a cheater, who knows? It happened, I saw it, I know it.

NB: I know weapon rarity makes no difference in Crucible. Just a bit of random info is all. Although, the perks of weapons vary and, don't legendaries usually get better perks than rares? Doesn't matter.

Unlike AR's and shotguns, you have to be precise and actually aim with a HC. If you miss a shot or two, you can easily be taken down. HCs are one of the few weapons that are balanced correctly. Nothing broken about them.

They're a tad too strong if you ask me. Future patches will show what Bungie think, that's all that really matters.

yikes. nothing he said was incorrect or even close to uncivil. the pointabout it being for others' benefit is well-taken, too. no one should think two body shots from a hand cannon can kill, on either side of the gun

here are some videos with very good weapons in which you can see fairly obviously that "two shots anywhere" do not kill
Hawkmoon
Thorn
The Last Word

I hope you'll reconsider your stance :-/ though a break from Destiny is probably not a bad idea.

I don't think wandering up to someone you've never spoken to before and telling them they're wrong repeatedly is a great way to start a dialogue. He could've quite easily responded like you or anyone else who's jumped on this thing have, and the response would've been different. To me, he sounded like an ass. Nobody else that's replied has. Maybe I'm over-sensitive, but I'm not risking my membership on another board because of what some gobby fella might or might not say.

I also, never SAID, it was two body shots. Your head is still anywhere. The killing shot was a body shot.

Just forget it guys, I'm not gonna argue it with you. I know what I saw, and I'm too tired and weak to go through a fiery debate over a game mode that I'll never touch again anyway.

anddo0

Nearing 200 Vanguard marks (196) with nothing of interest to buy.
I have a ton of shards, with no raid gear to apply them to.

Such a waste. I'll probably end up buying legendary gear and breaking it down for even more shards.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

People will always complain about what's killing them in pvp. Once something is nerfed, they'll just move on to the next thing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Or for that matter, show the events that you've completed for the week...make it really easy to scroll through the friends list to see who hasn't done what you're looking for. Any method is better than "you guys figure it out".
It's pretty much just spamming invites at people. It doesn't help that PSN is so slow.

Yeah, that's the worst part. They tell you friends are in activities, but not who.

Did the raid for the first time last night
and got no armor or weapon drops at all :|
and was wondering if I did it again this week, would I get anything for doing it?

Thats what happen to me my first time as well. I am assuming you did the raid on normal since its your first time, you can get loot if you do it on hard. It resets every Tuesday morning, then doing the raid on normal will give you loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom