• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how ready is everyone to get completely dicked by DLC come December?

What's the over-under on how pissed people will be if it's only one raid, two strikes, and a handful of copy-paste story missions?

Satisfactory:

1 Raid
1 Strike
2 Multi maps
2 Missions

Would be awesome to receive:
1 Raid
2 Strikes
3 Multi maps
4 Story Missions
10-15 new Bounties in the Hopper

Hoodbury

Completed the raid for the first time last night, here was my haul, I feel like it was a pretty good one but let me know:
  • Atheons Epilogue - assault rifle
  • Praedyths revenge - sniper rifle
  • Found Verdict - shotgun (I think I got this from the raid, can't remember though for sure)
  • Truth - rocket launcher
  • Kabr's Wrath - chest plate
  • Light of the great prism - titan class item
  • Chatterwhite - armor shader
  • and of course some shards.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think that's correct, but doesn't TLW lose on outright range?

Yep, absolutley.

Thorn range, precision, dot allows you to ignore last shot.
TLW fire rate, reload, more bullets, precision at mid range.

(for pvp where impact is normalised)

I could give you a page of people trying to use it exactly like a Regulator and posting that it sucked....

Of course, but I know people who played the dot game too and said it was fun but not anywhere near as efficient. Of course, they could have just been not very good with it.

makes sense, but again, a build that puts it at the center can make a big difference. I don't know why you'd write off counteracting its reload speed when it's such a weakness!
hmm what does this mean?

I didn't write it off, merely suggested faster reload is going to be pretty much staple for all HCs, not exactly a "build" more of a "given". :p

It also benefits TLW, so it buffs both.

I should clarify, I am totally incapable of separating the idea that we know it's being buffed from my consideration. I'm saying it's competitive now, with any kind of buff it could wind up being the winner.

Not disagreeing it's competitive now, but I am disagreeing that it matches TLW in terms of overall efficency therefore calling it the "best upgraded exotic HC" seems off.

Unless we're saying "best" to simply mean "what I enjoy most".

-

I'm not trashing on the Thorn, I know plenty of people can use it well and I look forward to testing this myself, I just don't think it comes close to TLW in pvp from what I've experienced of TLW and read/seen about Thorn.

I also don't see any "building around it" that does anything besides buff the reload speed aside from that Sunsinger one that you admitted yourself was very gimmicky, this game does allow for a certain amount of building but it's not in depth enough to really make a gun shine much more than its own inherent limitations allow.

Did the raid for the first time last night
and got no armor or weapon drops at all :|
and was wondering if I did it again this week, would I get anything for doing it?

I've done the Raid on normal twice and all I've gotten is ascendent stuff and the shader for beating it. So lame.

I wanted to love the game. But after about 50-60 hours I just find it boring. Strikes are terrible and crucible is hard to describe. The potential is there. But the kill trading, lag, boring maps, and all the one shot AoE supers, it kills the fun for me. I end up dying to cheesy mechanics rather than skill 90% of the time.

Maybe after some time and patches they will straighten it up a bit. Hoping so cause the atmosphere of Destiny is amazing.

Dante316

Excuse me sir. That would be a social feature, and if you want extra social features, e.g., the ability to easily see what your friends are doing in-game, well, you'll have to wait for the DLC planned for 2019.

In the meantime, please feel free to exchange phone numbers so you can call your friends and ask them. Or, alternatively, you can exchange ICQ numbers, so you can download our ICQ app and connect with people that way. Easy!

lmao, I really did call a friend to ask what he was doing. Psn was sloooowwww, destiny definitely needs that option.

LiK

It's pretty much just spamming invites at people. It doesn't help that PSN is so slow.

Yeah, that's the worst part. They tell you friends are in activities, but not who.

It's horrible especially when you have a dozen or more people playing random modes.

Ordinator

Why is the guy in the Last Word video aiming down sight in every battle? I thought the whole point of that gun was for the hip fire precision damage bonus? I understand aiming down sight at range, but not every engagement. Then again, maybe it wasn't upgraded yet.

Namikaze1

I can't wait for the Athean cheese to get patch just to see what the community comes up with. It didn't take long for people to come up with other ways to deal with oracles and Templar. Even if those methods already existed before the patch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
what is a painted crucible weapon?
Cømet;134589418 said:
I also, never SAID, it was two body shots. Your head is still anywhere.
I... are you saying that your quote "two shots anywhere is currently a kill" referred to headshots...?

omgkitty

Completed the raid for the first time last night, here was my haul, I feel like it was a pretty good one but let me know:
  • Found Verdict - shotgun (I think I got this from the raid, can't remember though for sure)

Wait...you got all of that on your first run through? WHAT???

Dante316

that's a pretty good haul, and very blessed by the RNG. Worship it more

Why is the guy in the Last Word video aiming down sight in every battle? I thought the whole point of that gun was for the hip fire precision damage bonus? I understand aiming down sight at range, but not every engagement. Then again, maybe it wasn't upgraded yet.

Doesn't a quick ads tend to increase precision odds? It does in pve - I don't use hand cannons in pvp though.

Jelly of your first time loot. During my first time I got all ass shards. Second time I got Vision of Confluence, Praedyths revenge, Truth and Chatterwhite. For the third time I got Prime Zealot Gloves. And my fourth time I got Aspect of Glass, Vision of Confluence and Vex Mythoclast.

Cømet;134589418 said:
Just forget it guys, I'm not gonna argue it with you. I know what I saw, and I'm too tired and weak to go through a fiery debate over a game mode that I'll never touch again anyway.

My legendary HC (Hawkmoon) has a perk where some bullets deal bonus damage. I wonder if that is the perk that got you.

How in the fuck...

anddo0

I wanted to love the game. But after about 50-60 hours I just find it boring. Strikes are terrible and crucible is hard to describe. The potential is there. But the kill trading, lag, boring maps, and all the one shot AoE supers, it kills the fun for me. I end up dying to cheesy mechanics rather than skill 90% of the time.

Maybe after some time and patches they will straighten it up a bit. Hoping so cause the atmosphere of Destiny is amazing.

You may not love it, but after 50-60 hours it's clear you liked it enough.

I think we got our monies worth. The sad reality is that there isn't much of a game left after hitting the mid-20's, unless you like collecting the best guns and armor. If you're interested in DLC it's worth hanging onto the game for the long haul.

E92 M3

I can't wait for the Athean cheese to get patch just to see what the community comes up with. It didn't take long for people to come up with other ways to deal with oracles and Templar. Even if those methods already existed before the patch.

I can't wait for my Vex to return to its glory, because it saddens me to not want to play like I used to. My one last motivation is to get the raid booties.

Nearing 200 Vanguard marks (196) with nothing of interest to buy.
I have a ton of shards, with no raid gear to apply them to.

Such a waste. I'll probably end up buying legendary gear and breaking it down for even more shards.

Light/beware is a damn good fusion rifle (near max stability), The Devil You know is a good HC, besides that maybe a bike?

Namikaze1

Quick question:

I have a level 23 Warlock. If I delete her and create a new warlock, will I have Sunsinger unlock from start? I know my Titan alt had his Defender unlocked from start but I didn't delete my main Titan.

So I'm short 4 Strange Coins from 23 this week and need them in case Xur has the Suros Regime again. I've done the weekly on hard and nightfall already. Whats the best (fastest) way I could acquire the 4 I need?

Any suggestions?

Ordinator

Doesn't a quick ads tend to increase precision odds? It does in pve - I don't use hand cannons in pvp though.

Yeah but that gun specifically does extra damage for a precision shot from hip fire, on top of the normal precision bonus. Do you mean ADS for a split second and go back to hip fire?

that's a pretty good haul, and very blessed by the RNG. Worship it more

I'm really tired of this worship/pray/etc to RNGesus lingo.

It's a broken RNG loot system that is poorly implemented and stretches out the loot you get because there is so little of it. People who get that kind of haul or 3 raid armour in one go is the rarity. It's absolutely disgusting that people get this kind of haul for no fucking reason.

I've got everything I want from the raid gear/weapons except for one raid armour piece to get to 30. Regardless it is a really shitty system. Instead of 3 timebreakers that are all the same why not have a variety of different colours and stats. Instead it's the same one. Same gun. Or whatever else. At least the armour can have different stats which is decent but god damn everything should be like that.

Namikaze1

I can't wait for my Vex to return to its glory, because it saddens me to not want to play like I used to. My one last motivation is to get the raid booties.
I got it less than 24 hours before patch hit. Those were the best hours I had with the game. Killing never felt so good. Now I keep it in the bank, waiting for one day for Bungie to see the error of their ways.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep, absolutley.

Thorn range, precision, dot allows you to ignore last shot.
TLW fire rate, reload, more bullets, precision at mid range.

(for pvp where impact is normalised)
Nice. Very cool stuff, I definitely want to get my hands on TLW (though obviously neither of the HCs we're talking about are actually my choice ;)
I didn't write it off, merely suggested faster reload is going to be pretty much staple for all HCs, not exactly a "build" more of a "given". :p
Oh... but, that's exactly my point, with Hawkmoon and The Devil You Know I have little-to-no-desire for boosted reload speed at all... I'd much rather other mods. They have large magazines- Hawkmoon especially with roughly a quarter of its shots yielding extra damage. I can fire off the entirety of Thorn's mag twice and still have one left in the chamber before having to reload. Completely unessential IMO. But on Thorn it's an absolute necessity. It reloads far more slowly, and you'll reload it far more often.
Not disagreeing it's competitive now, but I am disagreeing that it matches TLW in terms of overall efficency therefore calling it the "best upgraded exotic HC" seems off.
I hear you. You'll note I just said I'm "pretty sure" and I am admittedly, toootally keeping the idea that we know it's getting buffed in mind.
Unless we're saying "best" to simply mean "what I enjoy most".
we both know what I enjoy most :D

To give you some perspective, you got in your first haul about what I've gotten cumulatively in my first eight or so. Yeah- you did pretty well for yourself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I'm short 4 Strange Coins from 23 this week and need them in case Xur has the Suros Regime again. I've done the weekly on hard and nightfall already. Whats the best (fastest) way I could acquire the 4 I need?

Any suggestions?
Play strikes and get lots of engrams.

Cømet

Banned
Satisfactory:

1 Raid
1 Strike
2 Multi maps
2 Missions

Would be awesome to receive:
1 Raid
2 Strikes
3 Multi maps
4 Story Missions
10-15 new Bounties in the Hopper

I swear I've read there'll be two strikes in each. Have no clue where. Surely we'll start hearing more about this stuff soon though.

I always feel dirty not aiming down the sights ;p

what is a painted crucible weapon?

I... are you saying that your quote "two shots anywhere is currently a kill" referred to headshots...?

Painted crucible weapons (and silvered ones) are just special rares you get as rewards in crucible matches.....if you're lucky. I've got a painted Maverick on my Warlock and it's just a wonderful little shooter. Difference with the normal rares? Not sure, probably just the perks and paint job.

I'll post a picture in here for you of the two I have (a little later on) if you're curious. I'd be surprised if you haven't seen em before now though!

Headshots, body shots, limbs shots. From what I saw, one headshot and one other was enough to do people in. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My head's still really foggy.
Forgot how horrible it was to be ill. I get ill like once a year or so, always hits hard when it actually happens. At least it's not ebola! Few years ago I caught...was it swine flu or bird flu? I forget which. Two-three weeks of standing with my head against the bathroom wall wishing to die. Students are dirty creatures- was in my third year of uni. But this is all a tangent.

E92 M3

I got it less than 24 hours before patch hit. Those were the best hours I had with the game. Killing never felt so good. Now I keep it in the bank, waiting for one day for Bungie to see the error of their ways.

Yes, it was PVE bliss. I felt reignited with the game and couldn't want to play more. Bungie made me a sad panda after the nerf.

I just want the vex in my inventory. *sadface*

You'll get it, my friend. Don't you worry.

blackflag

Fusion Rifles should spray more from the hip, right now they seem to be more accurate then hard aiming them.

MG's can beast in PvP but you need the right type, the super slow firing ones are the bad ones, the super fast shooting ones also suck and you want one with really steady aim, those become really strong.

I believe two headshots with luck in the chamber adding 33% to one of the bullets can do it, especially if your build is not set to armour for your class.

IMO ignore anything the gun stats say and test out guns personally, two handcannons with the same impact can be quite different and it's annoying.

Yeah it is possible to drop with 2 in the head but he was saying anywhere which is far from the truth.

anddo0

Light/beware is a damn good fusion rifle (near max stability), The Devil You know is a good HC, besides that maybe a bike?

I have Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity. I may consider purchasing Light/beware.
I got lucky with a blue engram and landed The Devil You know, last week.

The Sparrow sounds like a worthy purchase. I didn't really consider it.
Is it in the same class of the one you get from Atheon?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually started getting more confident with firing Hawkmoon from the hip last night, because the camera speed is higher it's really key to getting the most out of the weapon. It's... really good. Hard to get headshots with, but you'll know when a hip shot will do the trick and man does it feel good.
Cømet;134591479 said:
Painted crucible weapons (and silvered ones) are just special rares you get as rewards in crucible matches.....if you're lucky. I've got a painted Maverick on my Warlock and it's just a wonderful little shooter. Difference with the normal rares? Not sure, probably just the perks and paint job.
Ahhh like a painted big chief? Wonderful gun, I held one dear for quite a while. random mods though, so who knows what his had :(
Headshots, body shots, limbs shots. From what I saw, one headshot and one other was enough to do people in. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My head's still really foggy.
Forgot how horrible it was to be ill. I get ill like once a year or so, always hits hard when it actually happens. At least it's not ebola! Few years ago I caught...was it swine flu or bird flu? I forget which. Two-three weeks of standing with my head against the bathroom wall wishing to die. Students are dirty creatures- was in my third year of uni. But this is all a tangent.
daaaamn, I hope you feel better asap man.

Cømet

Banned
I don't really play PVP so I'm not sure. But I got quite a few coins from doing the strikes.

I stand by this. You'll get far more engrams and, thus, far more chances a coins in the tiger playlist than the once-a-round roulette of PvP.

I actually started getting more confident with firing Hawkmoon from the hip last night, because the camera speed is higher it's really key to getting the most out of the weapon. It's... really good. Hard to get headshots with, but you'll know when a hip shot will do the trick and man does it feel good.

Ahhh like a painted big chief? Wonderful gun, I held one dear for quite a while. random mods though, so who knows what his had :(

daaaamn, I hope you feel better asap man.

Yeah that's the ones! I've got a Big Chief in backup too, not as big a fan of it as the Maverick but it's still good. It'll have to do my Warlock for a while, since I've yet to see any legendary/exotic HCs.
I was under the assumption that rare weapons didn't get as good a perk pool as legendaries. I'm gonna have to check all the weapons I have and see. If luck in the chamber/other damage bonus perks are available on rares, I'm gonna need to do some more shopping.

And thanks man :) I'm fairly close to fixed now, just at the end bit where I'm slow and weak and can't think properly, but thankfully no longer feeling ill. Not great as I have a journal to write. Will just have a long day of it tomorrow.

LiK

Strikes are so boring to me now. I only have fun in PVP. Whether I win or lose, at least it's always a different experience.

I have Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity. I may consider purchasing Light/beware.
I got lucky with a blue engram and landed The Devil You know, last week.

The Sparrow sounds like a worthy purchase. I didn't really consider it.
Is it in the same class of the one you get from Atheon?

Haha youre damn lucky. My buddy has the Atheon sparrow and he went and compared it to the vanguard one and said that the vanguard one is slightly faster (based on that bar) but has the same durability

So how ready is everyone to get completely dicked by DLC come December?

What's the over-under on how pissed people will be if it's only one raid, two strikes, and a handful of copy-paste story missions?

If I dont get the following, I am out and will not return to Destiny:

New Exotics + legendaries.
1 or more Raids.
New areas in PVE
New Strikes

I don't really play PVP so I'm not sure. But I got quite a few coins from doing the strikes.

OK thanks. I guess I'll have to force myself to plow through a few hours of strikes. On the bright side, I'll rank up my equipment. Still some strikes are just so long while others are a nice breeze.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have that on my Legendary HC Red Hand IX. When it procs it can manage a 2sk.
oh definitely. When this happens on Hawkmoon, at that exact moment of kill it does feel OP. But... it's a completely uncontrollable effect. And it's not like the bonus damage rounds only apply to hits, out of 13 I can easily wind up firing those three into a wall. I honestly think HCs are pretty well balanced, especially against ARs now.
If I dont get the following, I am out and will not return to Destiny:

New Exotics + legendaries.
1 or more Raids.
New areas in PVE
New Strikes
this is coming. guaranteed. we need to expect more, they're asking $20 up front right?

omgkitty

I just realized I was playing with you and I got nothing. You stole all my luck :(

Zakalwe

Banned
Nice. Very cool stuff, I definitely want to get my hands on TLW (though obviously neither of the HCs we're talking about are actually my choice ;)

You said in a recent post you like firing HM from the hip.

Just wait till you try TLW...

Oh... but, that's exactly my point, with Hawkmoon and The Devil You Know I have little-to-no-desire for boosted reload speed at all... I'd much rather other mods. They have large magazines- Hawkmoon especially with roughly a quarter of its shots yielding extra damage. I can fire off the entirety of Thorn's mag twice and still have one left in the chamber before having to reload. Completely unessential IMO. But on Thorn it's an absolute necessity. It reloads far more slowly, and you'll reload it far more often.

Of course, my main point was really that there's not enough depth to the skill system in terms of skill/weapon synergy to make a build that really changes a weapons potential.

we both know what I enjoy most :D

That gun is still high on my wishlist. I've been far too lucky so far and Xur will most likely not sell it until the exclusive deal wears off. I probably won't see it for a long, long time. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom