• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may not love it, but after 50-60 hours it's clear you liked it enough.

I think we got our monies worth. The sad reality is that there isn't much of a game left after hitting the mid-20's, unless you like collecting the best guns and armor. If you're interested in DLC it's worth hanging onto the game for the long haul.
Oh I definitely enjoyed it. It just didn't have the staying power I had hoped for.

And yea I hit 25.5 and I just don't have it in me to grind strikes and stuff. I have probably 8,000+ hours logged into WoW, and while that game was repetitive, the amazing community and guilds kept it going for me and made sure I had fun while grinding for gear and reputation. Plus role diversity. I could change class and experience an almost completely different game.

Would be awesome to receive:
1 Raid
2 Strikes
3 Multi maps
4 Story Missions
10-15 new Bounties in the Hopper

That shouldn't even be the "awesome" to have. That should be the bare minimum, along with new gear.

And make the Strikes and Story Missions interesting--force players to use strategy other than "hide and shoot" or "cheese and shoot".

oh definitely. When this happens on Hawkmoon, at that exact moment of kill it does feel OP. But... it's a completely uncontrollable effect. And it's not like the bonus damage rounds only apply to hits, out of 13 I can easily wind up firing those three into a wall. I honestly think HCs are pretty well balanced, especially against ARs now.

this is coming. guaranteed. we need to expect more, they're asking $20 up front right?

Hopefully more yes.

I noticed something quite cool today with hand cannons when doing some patrol missions.

If you just gently pull the trigger without firing you actually see the mechanisms all moving :D

Dunno what the parts are all called, I'm not from Merica' :p

I only have

- A.1F19X-RYL (legendary Scout Rifle)

- Vison of Confluence (legendary Raid Scout Rifle)

I'm sitting on about 20 Ass Energy. Too much to chose from. But IceBreaker prolly gonna get 18 of them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cømet;134592145 said:
Yeah that's the ones! I've got a Big Chief in backup too, not as big a fan of it as the Maverick but it's still good. It'll have to do my Warlock for a while, since I've yet to see any legendary/exotic HCs.
The Maverick is one I haven't had any time with. I got a fun-looking gun called Sir Isaac I'm a little curious to try, but it's got a teeny magazine compared to the luxury I'm used to now. If you feel like buying a legendary, The Devil You Know and Lord High Fixer (Van/Cruc respectively) are both all around great.
And thanks man :) I'm fairly close to fixed now, just at the end bit where I'm slow and weak and can't think properly, but thankfully no longer feeling ill. Not great as I have a journal to write. Will just have a long day of it tomorrow.
I hate that feeling when the fog is lifting and you feel like you can do stuff again but you're juuuuust still not 100%. like having the handicap dial turned up in N64 smash bross D:

Started leveling up my first warlock last night and jumped into some Crucible....my god, it feels good to drop a nova bomb on a group of assholes grouped together capturing a point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Have an Atheon Hard mode save from my brother. Cheese time. Anyone who can reliably knock him off the edge join us for some goodies.

Have 4 spots.

Shoot me a FR with neoGAF or something in the message so i know it's a fellow member.

PSNid: TheCanisDirus

If you don't get invited it's not personal just people got in before you. Love all my brothers and sisters.

Any Warlocks want to join? We have 2 spots left.

LaneDS

Putting together a hard mode group for tonight and wondering if anyone successfully has cleared hard (without cheesing things) with a 28 or two in the mix. Looking for 29+, but just wondering if it's a total waste having 28s in there (guessing yes).

Hiko

Banned
I actually raged at a Handcannon last night. Painted Big Chief or whatever, a rare. The guy had it set to explode on impact. I had heard it sucked as it diluted the damage, but it shook my screen so much when it hit it allowed the person to win duels with me very quickly.

So....having experienced that....what other Handcannons have this perk?! :).
I Got a hc with that yesterday. A rare one. A little voice I think. Saved it just for that. Recoil is absurd coming from my red hand ix with perfect stability

Honestly, there's no need to ever kill him on hard the legit way if you are cheesing him. If you already got the raid helmet, vex, or whatever it is you want from him, those folks probably won't set foot into hard mode Atheon fight ever again.

I've got everything I need besides fatebringer and I continue playing, in fact I got two full raid armor sets and broke them down for shards, 3 epilogues, 4 visions of confluence, 1 arc pulse rifle, 3 ships, 2 sparrows and the mythoclast. As of right now it's the most enjoyable part of the game for me. Normal provides no challenge.

Dante316

Putting together a hard mode group for tonight and wondering if anyone successfully has cleared hard (without cheesing things) with a 28 or two in the mix. Looking for 29+, but just wondering if it's a total waste having 28s in there (guessing yes).

Sadly those 28s are not useful to your team and will be a hinderance. I recommend kindly telling them to level up.

So it's Xur's Eve! What's everyone hopping for tomorrow?

Really hoping for a a nice helm for my sunslinger. I'm also hoping for a new primary for my Titan. Using the vendor version of the shadow price with the low clip is really annoying in a few different situations, having to reload to take down the Templars bubble he puts you in sucks, and using a machine gun to do it means I can't have a launcher equipped.

Light Beyond Nemesis, The Last Word, Hawkmoon, Heart of the Praxic Fire. Any of these will do.

MrS

Banned
I only have

I'm sitting on about 20 Ass Energy. Too much to chose from. But IceBreaker prolly gonna get 18 of them.
Hard Light
The Calling
Ice Breaker
Found Verdict
Unfriendly Giant

Ordinator

I actually started getting more confident with firing Hawkmoon from the hip last night, because the camera speed is higher it's really key to getting the most out of the weapon. It's... really good. Hard to get headshots with, but you'll know when a hip shot will do the trick and man does it feel good.

I would love to have Hawkmoon but I play on Xbox One. Who knows when I'll get my guardian hands on that. For now, I'm happy with TLW. I'm just hoping the hip fire accuracy upgrade is significant.

Did anyone post these UI suggestions/mockups from Reddit? Pretty good stuff. Here are a few of them:

K36tHoq.png

JzU5zWw.png

ehWta42.png

gabZKtf.png

A6yIaCU.png

Ammo Synthesis quick use suggestion:
bvSHEqS.png

IKizzLE

I only have

Fully upgraded:
The last word
suros regime
aetheons epilogue
broken truth
77 wizard
zombie apocalypse

Zakalwe

Banned
Xur:

Plan C
Gjhallahorn
Hawkmoon (won't happen)
No Back Up Plans

Pls.

I would love to have Hawkmoon but I play on Xbox One. Who knows when I'll get my guardian hands on that. For now, I'm happy with TLW. I'm just hoping the hip fire accuracy upgrade is significant.

Oh, it is.

When I first got it I felt lied to.

Namikaze1

So messed up! Someone got Hard Light and I didn't! I call bullshit! Bullshit! I led the team in assists and kills and had no deaths!

All of this Handcannon talk really has me excited to try out my new toy...Fatebringer.

The stats look close to TDYK and it has firefly, explosive rounds, arc damage, and oracle disruptor.

I'll never get to fully upgrade anything though...Everytime I try to focus on something, I get something else to upgrade.

Yeah but that gun specifically does extra damage for a precision shot from hip fire, on top of the normal precision bonus. Do you mean ADS for a split second and go back to hip fire?

Yeah, tap sights then tap shoot - staccato. I dont know if that counts as hip fire and it would have to be done on each shot. Works wonders in pve for the precision kills bounty. I tend to play fast and loose in pvp though and rely more on rapid fire, shotguns and shoulder rams - none of which require precision or even skill really.

LaneDS

Sadly those 28s are not useful to your team and will be a hinderance. I recommend kindly telling them to level up.

Figured as much, thanks. Will skip the telling them to level up bit, which is akin to saying "hey hope RNG is nicer to you next week!".

Ordinator

Yeah, tap sights then tap shoot - staccato. I dont know if that counts as hip fire and it would have to be done on each shot. Works wonders in pve for the precision kills bounty. I tend to play fast and loose in pvp though and rely more on rapid fire, shotguns and shoulder rams - none of which require precision or even skill really.

I never thought of that. Interesting.

Haybro

How do scout rifles hold up in the raid?

I recently picked up two, and have been thinking about upgrading them since the patch.

MlUPmRjl.jpg

46NMUKPl.jpg

I'm leaning more towards leveling the calling due to having both the firefly and explosive rounds perk.

E92 M3

I really want my Vex back man. Fucking hell

Yeah, I feel you man.

I only have

I have Ice Breaker and Ghorn maxed. Others are at a comfortable level. I am super picky about what I max out. And turns out I am right to be so because you never what weapon Bungie will ruin next.

RedFury

I want to throat punch my teammates that take a point when we already have 2 near each other. They're just letting the other team spawn on the other side and take the other points.
Ugh so much this...it's almost as if they don't know the mechanics of the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That gun is still high on my wishlist. I've been far too lucky so far and Xur will most likely not sell it until the exclusive deal wears off. I probably won't see it for a long, long time. ;_;
Still can't believe my luck with it. I try to never take it for granted. Just notice the bloom effect on the barrel or the way the feather engraving is visible sprinting. such a beautiful weapon.
All of this Handcannon talk really has me excited to try out my new toy...Fatebringer.

The stats look close to TDYK and it has firefly, explosive rounds, arc damage, and oracle disruptor.
seems like a devastating gun. only downside for PvP is that the raid-specific mod takes up a slot that something beneficial for PvP could be in. I'm jelly nonetheless. An Arc Primary alone, uuuurk so good.

X-Frame

Hmmm, seems a lot of you guys went with the A.1F19X-RYL scout rifle from the Vanguard Quartermaster. When comparing that to the Proxima Centuri II, the Proxima seems better to me in a lot of ways.

Why the A.1F19X-RYL over the Proxima Centuri?

Dante316

Figured as much, thanks. Will skip the telling them to level up bit, which is akin to saying "hey hope RNG is nicer to you next week!".

And in my experience a maxed ghallarhorn can be sooo life saving, one shots minataurs during conflux parts and gatekeeper. And make sure team has a max primary atleast. Also a oracle disruptor or 2 helps alot too. It might seem alot but when your 29 you should have at least some of the things I mentioned. And ofc ghallahorn is the best :p

How do scout rifles hold up in the raid?

I recently picked up two, and have been thinking about upgrading them since the patch.

MlUPmRjl.jpg

46NMUKPl.jpg

I'm leaning more towards leveling the calling due to having both the firefly and explosive rounds perk.

Really dislike how these weapons are almost exactly the same in appearance, aside from the color and areas you won't even really see (stock/chamber).

Legendaries should get some special treatment, similar to exotics. Not as unique but they shouldn't look like blues or like each other, either.

I only have

I only have my fully-upgraded Shadow Price (with field scout). I am sitting on about 60 energies. I have this whole ADD thing with weapons and never keep one around long enough to fully level it up. Also, I don't want to spend energy unless I KNOW I am keeping that weapon around long-term. My Shadow Price is definitely one of those weapons. My very recently acquired Hawkmoon and Ice Breaker are getting the treatment now too. Problem there is they can't be equipped at the same time so leveling them has/will be a grind.

Completed the raid for the first time last night, here was my haul, I feel like it was a pretty good one but let me know:
  • Atheons Epilogue - assault rifle
  • Praedyths revenge - sniper rifle
  • Found Verdict - shotgun (I think I got this from the raid, can't remember though for sure)
  • Truth - rocket launcher
  • Kabr's Wrath - chest plate
  • Light of the great prism - titan class item
  • Chatterwhite - armor shader
  • and of course some shards.

You feel like it was "pretty good"...?!

LaneDS

And in my experience a maxed ghallarhorn can be sooo life saving, one shots minataurs during conflux parts and gatekeeper. And make sure team has a max primary atleast. Also a oracle disruptor or 2 helps alot too. It might seem alot but when your 29 you should have at least some of the things I mentioned. And ofc ghallahorn is the best :p

Appreciate the tips! I've personally cleared hard mode, but some of the other regulars I'm looking to bring haven't yet so that's good information regardless.

E92 M3

I only have my fully-upgraded Shadow Price (with field scout). I am sitting on about 60 energies. I have this whole ADD thing with weapons and never keep one around long enough to fully level it up. Also, I don't want to spend energy unless I KNOW I am keeping that weapon around long-term. My Shadow Price is definitely one of those weapons. My very recently acquired Hawkmoon and Ice Breaker are getting the treatment now too. Problem there is they can't be equipped at the same time so leveling them has/will be a grind.

I am same as you. I NEED to know that I am committed to the weapon forever to use precious resources. The Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker are vital - so those got the treatment. I was about to do it with the Vex, but then I saw the patch. All other weapons I have to the point where they do damage I am happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom