• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't believe my luck with it. I try to never take it for granted. Just notice the bloom effect on the barrel or the way the feather engraving is visible sprinting. such a beautiful weapon.

seems like a devastating gun. only downside for PvP is that the raid-specific mod takes up a slot that something beneficial for PvP could be in. I'm jelly nonetheless. An Arc Primary alone, uuuurk so good.

I like the suros/final boss combo for pvp. I've been looking for something to pair with ice breaker for pve. I think I've found it.

Ghazi

Completed the raid for the first time last night, here was my haul, I feel like it was a pretty good one but let me know:
  • Atheons Epilogue - assault rifle
  • Praedyths revenge - sniper rifle
  • Found Verdict - shotgun (I think I got this from the raid, can't remember though for sure)
  • Truth - rocket launcher
  • Kabr's Wrath - chest plate
  • Light of the great prism - titan class item
  • Chatterwhite - armor shader
  • and of course some shards.
What. The. Fuck.

Homeboyd

I would love to see a Destiny version of Bungie's Firefight that was introduced in Halo 3: ODST and expanded upon in Halo: Reach. This seems like the absolute ideal game to feature this mode in as well. Raids are already kind of an expanded upon, lengthier encounter that is somewhat similar to Halo's Firefights, but the mechanics that are now introduced could take this mode to its next level.

One Firefight "encounter" per planet, each with a different objective. 3 difficulty options with a mixture of modifiers generated at random on a week to week basis like they do with Nightfalls/daily story missions. Leaderboards to show stats from each mode, including teams who lasted the longest in "endless wave" modes, etc...

The Endless War - Earth
- Survive endless waves of Fallen as they attempt to overtake your position.
- Random loot drops after the end of each "wave"
- Specific loot for this playlist

Waking the Hive - Moon
- Spawn with Firefight set of limited weapons/armor in phase 1
- Loot chests spawn in random locations with waypoints
- Objective is for your team to travel to each loot chest and acquire specific armor/weapons needed to complete each phase of this battle. Each chest gives increasingly more powerful weapons and better armor drops that instantly equip and replace your current gear (so you're not messing around in your menu swapping gear)
- Each chest guarded by increasingly difficult enemies
- Round ends when all players access loot cache and eliminate all enemies in that phase
- 10 chests, with the last chest containing loot you can keep with your Guardian after the game is finished. All other Firefight-specific loot is dismantled immediately as you open each new chest.

Defend the Conflux - Venus

- Defend 2 confluxes that move to random locations around the map every 4 minutes. 4 sacrifices on either conflux and the game is over. Successful defense will cause the confluxes to move to another location, guaranteeing a random loot drop at the end of each "wave."

The Spire - Venus
- Open and control 3 portals, one at a time, to form the Spire not allowing Vex to sacrifice themselves in the portals. As you open the 3rd portal and continue to maintain control of all 3, 1 relic will drop for your team to use in a defensive hold you must maintain for 5 minutes in order to open the Spire.

Final Fight - Mars
- 5 waves of Cabal and Vex attacking your position with a mixture of random Cabal & Vex bosses at the end of each wave.
- Wave #'s 4 and 5 will randomly spawn 4 pikes and 1 interceptor for your team
- Defeat each boss for guaranteed loot drops (rare or higher)

Become Legend - Random Planet
- Typical adds/Boss fight but the Boss' levels increase with each wave (start at 26, next boss is a level 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32. Guess it would have to cap here unless there was some specific gear you could acquire in this mode only that would allow you to fight higher level bosses).
- Kill the final boss (level 32 or 35 or 40, whatever would be possible given the gear in this mode) and get guaranteed legendary drops.

You could get real creative with the objectives like having to survive an area while you and your team search for specific mats or loot around a map in order to use in the next phase of an encounter, etc... But I think even just an "endless wave" mode that started with Fallen, and progressed through waves of Hive, then Vex, then Cabal and finally a mixture of all 4 until you died would be great. People would be posting their record times, how far they made it, challenging other fireteams to beat their times or high scores, etc...

Just a thought. Bungie did wonderful things with Firefight in Reach as they expanded upon ODST's version (in terms of customization), but this seems like the perfect game to expand on this mode given some of the mechanics they're introducing in the Raids.

Hoodbury

I just realized I was playing with you and I got nothing. You stole all my luck :(

Oh really? Who were you?

Ya everyone kept saying all they got were shards and I'd get like 2 things per chest. Since it was my first time through I was still a little unsure of what's going on so I wasn't paying that close of attention to my loot as I was getting it, I was mainly trying to make sure I was following and not getting lost. Then afterwards I started looking in my inventory screen and saw all those things.

I'm glad we stuck through it and beat it. I felt like we were all getting pretty close to calling it a night there towards the end.

Fixed1979

You are too nice.

I hate the people that rage quit after one mistake on a strike... Like come on, someone might mess up once not the end of the world.

I've only had this happen twice on the strike boss, both times we finished it with 2 players right after the one player quit.

Completed the raid for the first time last night, here was my haul, I feel like it was a pretty good one but let me know:
  • Found Verdict - shotgun (I think I got this from the raid, can't remember though for sure)

Shit congrats bud!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like the suros/final boss combo for pvp. I've been looking for something to pair with ice breaker for pve. I think I've found it.
that is admittedly a badass pve combo. keep a great void special around (Which you can supply with regen ammo from Ice Breaker >_<) and you'll be unstoppable.

What up Hood? Good holding the outside down with you last night! I was only there for the last couple sections but got the Epilogue too (two epilogues to two first timers?) and the chatterwhite.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I am looking for a Hard Raid fireteam that plans to start from the beginning.
Lv29 Warlock with Ice Breaker and maxed Atheons Epilogue; I can do both Sunsinger and Voidwalker.

patchday

So it's Xur's Eve! What's everyone hopping for tomorrow?

Really hoping for a a nice helm for my sunslinger. I'm also hoping for a new primary for my Titan. Using the vendor version of the shadow price with the low clip is really annoying in a few different situations, having to reload to take down the Templars bubble he puts you in sucks, and using a machine gun to do it means I can't have a launcher equipped.

Really really would like an exotic helm for my L25 Hunter alt. I have 30 motes of light and 16 strange coins. Should be rank 2 Crucible this weekend in any case (got like 136 crucible marks). So if Xur fails to deliver, I can hit L26 either way. But would be nice if I can get an exotic for my Hunter.

omgkitty

Oh really? Who were you?

Ya everyone kept saying all they got were shards and I'd get like 2 things per chest. Since it was my first time through I was still a little unsure of what's going on so I wasn't paying that close of attention to my loot as I was getting it, I was mainly trying to make sure I was following and not getting lost. Then afterwards I started looking in my inventory screen and saw all those things.

I'm glad we stuck through it and beat it. I felt like we were all getting pretty close to calling it a night there towards the end.

KillerElDiablo...yeah it was my first time too and I got nothing, and my friend who I brought in for that last part got the assault rifle too. Yeah it was starting to get tedious towards the end, but I'm glad we toughed it out. The last part is more about coordination than anything.

I would love to see a Destiny version of Bungie's Firefight that was introduced in Halo 3: ODST and expanded upon in Halo: Reach. This seems like the absolute ideal game to feature this mode in as well. Raids are already kind of an expanded upon, lengthier encounter that is somewhat similar to Halo's Firefights, but the mechanics that are now introduced could take this mode to its next level.

One Firefight "encounter" per planet, each with a different objective. 3 difficulty options with a mixture of modifiers generated at random on a week to week basis like they do with Nightfalls/daily story missions. Leaderboards to show stats from each mode, including teams who lasted the longest in "endless wave" modes, etc...

I like like like! This would probably also be a great alternative mode for 6-man groups (also matchmaking of course).

patchday

Good grief you lucky mofo

Frenden

Banned
Yeah, it really did. It's odd, it was the first time I had encountered it in PvP and to give you an idea I'm nearing or have surpassed (I dunno) 200k Crucible score, so I do it a decent amount. Never got hit by it before.

Or, I've never encountered someone who knew how to use it :). Either way, it worked very well for making me miss headshots and a guy I was fireteamed with was almost spitting in fury as it was messing him up as well.

Interesting. I have a New Monarchy rank upgrade legendary with that perk but wasn't planning on using it because of the damage downgrade.

Oh really? Who were you?

Wish I could have Raided with you guys last night. I was set to join your group but something came up and I couldn't get on until a few hours later than I wanted to. Hope you guys found a 6th person quickly. Awesome haul by the way.

Bizazedo

Ok so Xur comes tomorrow and i checked peoples wish lists. Hopefully i am in the wrong here but if that list is correct http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Agent_of_the_Nine
and so far it is there is not really much to hope for :(
Can't read from work, what does it say?

I am hoping for a Titan chest piece. I will gamble motes of light. It'll allow me to not stress about a Raid chest dropping and I can hit 30 that way. Yay for 3 friggin pairs of raid boots....at least they had the decency to drop one for STR, one for INT, and one for DISC.

GutZ31

RNGesus! it took me forever to find OT8.
These threads open and close faster than some kickstarter campaigns.
Hadn't seen the OT on the first page in a few days, so was a little worried I missed a shutdown or something.

Bizazedo

Interesting. I have a New Monarchy rank upgrade legendary with that perk but wasn't planning on using it because of the damage downgrade.

Give it a try. I'd have killed this person if I could've landed headshots. The only reason I didn't was the damn screenshake....so they were like topscorer.

Cømet

Banned
The Maverick is one I haven't had any time with. I got a fun-looking gun called Sir Isaac I'm a little curious to try, but it's got a teeny magazine compared to the luxury I'm used to now. If you feel like buying a legendary, The Devil You Know and Lord High Fixer (Van/Cruc respectively) are both all around great.

I hate that feeling when the fog is lifting and you feel like you can do stuff again but you're juuuuust still not 100%. like having the handicap dial turned up in N64 smash bross D:

Fog! That's the right word. It's a bit like being high but without any of the fun stuff that goes with it. haha smash bros. Very much so.

I may as well start buying my high tier HCs, RNGesus is too stingy. Though I do still need a legendary arc sniper too to round out my secondary loadout so that might need to go first.

Did anyone post these UI suggestions/mockups from Reddit? Pretty good stuff. Here are a few of them:

Amazingly simple and good. I dunno what Bungle are doing any more. Adding these counters and an extra page to the menu wouldn't exactly be difficult work.

I hope for titan guantlets from xur. I already have the skullfort but I am stuck at level 26 due to rare guantlets and the grind to level 2 rep is mind numbing. I wish you could buy gear for different classes from other vendors so that you could avoid the rep grind.

Other than that, i will probably just hold onto my coins as I have far too many weapons to level already and don't want to waste coins on armor for shards as exotics give no more than legendaries it seems.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i've been trying to consider what would cause me to buy the dlc at release/full price
-new subclass(es)
-new game modes (pve or pvp)
-substantial QoL features (would be shitty to put these behind a paywall though)
-a full new explorable area (not just more areas on Earth/Moon/Mars/Venus, but another planet/moon or the Reef unlockable for Patrol and so on)

as much as I want the stuff we know is coming, $20 is hard to justify for it. I can wait for a sale/deal/price drop if it's literally just new items/strikes/maps/raid.
Story missions add no value to the price point to me for the moment, we'll see if they can possibly win me back...

Nodnol

Going from that list, one the Rocket Launchers would be nice.

Truth looks interesting; only Void exotic? Goodbye Praetorians.

I wonder why he doesn't stock the Hunter arms that are bone-like. Can't remember the name.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I wonder why he doesn't stock the Hunter arms that are bone-like. Can't remember the name.
young ahamkara's spine, my most desired item for the moment :( I don't get why either.

i've been trying to consider what would cause me to buy the dlc at release/full price
-new subclass(es)
-new game modes (pve or pvp)
-substantial QoL features (would be shitty to put these behind a paywall though)
-a full new explorable area (not just more areas on Earth/Moon/Mars/Venus, but another planet/moon or the Reef unlockable for Patrol and so on)

as much as I want the stuff we know is coming, $20 is hard to justify for it. I can wait for a sale/deal/price drop if it's literally just new items/strikes/maps/raid.
Story missions add no value to the price point to me for the moment, we'll see if they can possibly win me back...

Is there any word on new subs? There is another slot for each class, so I assume they are coming.
I expect the 2 announced expansions will be incremental - small areas, 1 new raid and a new strike, 2 new mp maps and a few story missions/Bounties. Then on the one year anniversary they will roll out a "sequel" like expansion that will add entirely new zones on earth and maybe a new planet. But it will cost full price...

I feel stupid for not spending the few ass shards on one upgrade to hit level 28 sooner. My exotic helm is fully leveled so all I needed to do was pick one piece of legendary armor to upgrade the first of the final three ass slots. Finally doing decent damage in the level 28 content. Now to start stocking ass shards again in prep for raid gear (hopefully).

Daemul

The downside of hitting level 30, I have fuck all left to do. :(

Nightfall:Done
Level 28 Weekly Heroic:Done
Raid Normal/Hard:Done

I have all the legendary weapons I want so Vanguard and Crucible marks are useless, I have enough ascendant shards and energy to last me a lifetime so the Daily Story is useless, I've maxed out all the weapons I want and I've maxed out Vanguard, Crucible and New Monarchy rep so bounties are useless.

All I do now is log on to help a few groups of randoms with the Raid then I go do something else for the rest of the day. I hope Xur sells a Titan gear piece I don't have tomorrow, levelling it up will give me something to do at least.

Nodnol

young ahamkara's spine, my most desired item for the moment :( I don't get why either.

That's the one! I don't even know what it does, it just looks cool.

Looking at his list, MIDA Multi Tool would be good. I was with someone in patrol yesterday, thing sounds amazing! Plus radar always up would mean I could swap around my Knucklehead Radar. I think I've become overly dependent on the situational awareness it allows; I'd feel disadvantaged without it now.

Fixed1979

I have all the legendary weapons I want so Vanguard and Crucible marks are useless, I have enough ascendant shards and energy to last me a lifetime so the Daily Story is useless, I've maxed out all the weapons I want and I've maxed out Vanguard, Crucible and New Monarchy rep so bounties are useless.

All I do now is log on to help a few groups of randoms with the Raid then I go do something else for the rest of the day. I hope Xur sells a Titan gear piece I don't have tomorrow, levelling it up will give me something to do at least.

You have 2 free character slots!

ethomaz

Banned
RNGesus! it took me forever to find OT8.
These threads open and close faster than some kickstarter campaigns.
Hadn't seen the OT on the first page in a few days, so was a little worried I missed a shutdown or something.
They moved to community side... it was a bad move in my view.

What is this list that's being talked about?

Faction rep can't be maxed as far as I know and each time you level it, you have a chance to get Faction weapons that they don't sell. It's not much and you may not have any interest in that but there is at least a bit more value to Factions.

Deku Tree

I picked up the a-whatever last night and played around with it in strikes (no pvp). RoF is good, stability is good, mag size is solid and precision damage is great. Handles very well and has solid range, and decent hip fire accuracy. I imagine in competent hands it will do very well in pvp and should be more than enough for any same-level encounter in pve. The other one had better range but a slower fire rate so I opted for this to pvp with.

Thanks!

The Endless War - Earth
- Survive endless waves of Fallen as they attempt to overtake your position.
- Random loot drops after the end of each "wave"

Waking the Hive - Moon
- Spawn with Firefight set of limited weapons/armor in phase 1
- Loot chests spawn in random locations with waypoints
- Objective is for your team to travel to each loot chest and acquire specific armor/weapons needed to complete each phase of this battle. Each chest gives increasingly more powerful weapons and better armor drops that instantly equip and replace your current gear (so you're not messing around in your menu swapping gear)
- Each chest guarded by increasingly difficult enemies
- Round ends when all players access loot cache and eliminate all enemies in that phase
- 10 chests, with the last chest containing loot you can keep with your Guardian after the game is finished. All other Firefight-specific loot is dismantled immediately as you open each new chest.

Defend the Conflux - Venus

- Defend 2 confluxes that move to random locations around the map every 4 minutes. 4 sacrifices on either conflux and the game is over. Successful defense will cause the confluxes to move to another location, guaranteeing a random loot drop at the end of each "wave."

The Spire - Venus
- Open and control 3 portals, one at a time, to form the Spire not allowing Vex to sacrifice themselves in the portals. As you open the 3rd portal and continue to maintain control of all 3, 1 relic will drop for your team to use in a defensive hold you must maintain for 5 minutes in order to open the Spire.

Final Fight - Mars
- 5 waves of Cabal and Vex attacking your position with a mixture of random Cabal & Vex bosses at the end of each wave.
- Wave #'s 4 and 5 will randomly spawn 4 pikes and 1 interceptor for your team
- Defeat each boss for guaranteed loot drops (rare or higher)

Become Legend - Random Planet
- Typical adds/Boss fight but the Boss' levels increase with each wave (start at 26, next boss is a level 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32. Guess it would have to cap here unless there was some specific gear you could acquire in this mode only that would allow you to fight higher level bosses).
- Kill the final boss (level 32 or 35 or 40, whatever would be possible given the gear in this mode) and get guaranteed legendary drops.

You could get real creative with the objectives like having to survive an area while you and your team search for specific mats or loot around a map in order to use in the next phase of an encounter, etc... But I think even just an "endless wave" mode that started with Fallen, and progressed through waves of Hive, then Vex, then Cabal and finally a mixture of all 4 until you died would be great. People would be posting their record times, how far they made it, challenging other fireteams to beat their times or high scores, etc...

Just a thought. Bungie did wonderful things with Firefight in Reach as they expanded upon ODST's version (in terms of customization), but this seems like the perfect game to expand on this mode given some of the mechanics they're introducing in the Raids.

Yes I want that too! Been saying it for a while. Great idea. Firefight would be fantastic. Hopefully they put it into DLC or Destiny 2 (more likely).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's the one! I don't even know what it does, it just looks cool.
it makes my pocket infinity build even more awesome. extended tripmine grenades is the unique upgrade which isn't that exciting, but special weapon reload speed and grenade kills replenish super.

i really need to know if there's any difference between the legendary and exotic reload speed boosts, as well as if they stack if on multiple pieces...

leveling up my/wifes hunter yesterday going through tiger strikes I nended up with a slew of rare boots with light 10-13. broke em all down. onyl then did I realize that the boots currenlty equiped had no light on them whatsoever. I was so used to having gear with light I didnt realize I didnt already have them.

FML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom