• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now Ice Breaker, Praedyths Revenge, Final Boss and The Chosen.
I don't need 4 sniper rifles.
Should I dismantle Final Boss and The Chosen?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot Bungie pioneered Firefight until Giant Bomb mentioned it on the 'cast... makes its omission seem odd. I hope they add a mode like that in DLC.

Nodnol

it makes my pocket infinity build even more awesome. extended tripmine grenades is the unique upgrade which isn't that exciting, but special weapon reload speed and grenade kills replenish super.

i really need to know if there's any difference between the legendary and exotic reload speed boosts, as well as if they stack if on multiple pieces...

Ah nice! Would be entirely superfluous with my Bladedancer.

Looking at the database of exotics, particularly those that haven't been seen in the wild (boots!?), it makes me wonder whether Bungie either were, or are, considering full exotic armor allowances.

For those struggling with Raids, full Exotic builds could be awesome...and game breaking.

I forgot Bungie pioneered Firefight until Giant Bomb mentioned it on the 'cast... makes its omission seem odd. I hope they add a mode like that in DLC.

That's why imagining the future of Destiny is so incredible. Like, if this is what the game is like now…

just…

omigod…..

Homeboyd

Depends. If you need ass energy to upgrade your IB/PR, then yes. If you don't, I'd keep one of them if it has arc damage so you can have 1 sniper with each elemental damage (since PR has void and IB has solar already).

Nodnol

What element types? My current aim is to have Legendary examples of each element for whatever weapon, plus exotics to switch in and out.

77 wiz... aww.

Okay well, the only Vanguard option is The Comedian; if you like shotguns, it is certainly a good one.

Haha, yeah... I have the 77 Wiz with arc... roar.

I actually have the Comedian but shotguns just aren't viable (in my opinion) in the higher-level PvE stuff. If you're close enough to shotgun, you're in big trouble.

Homeboyd

Can you explain because mida has active radar when ads and I think that's very valuable in PvP

Happy to.

- Elemental primary weapon (only raid weapons have this - very useful)
- 27 round mag
- Full auto perk
- Stability increase perk as you cause damage
- Oracle damage bonus
- Large ammo reserve (can't remember off the top of my head)
- It's a legendary so it allows you to use another exotic

It might be the best gun in the game all things considered. The elemental damage as a primary weapon is huge though.

Nameless

Don't particularly need anything from Xur, especially in the way of armor, though I'd definitely grab a Suros if it comes back. I had no regrets about passing the first time, but even though my Grim Citizen can still slay, it took noticeable step backwards after the recent patch and is no longer a weapon I never feel the need to put down.

ManCannon

Isn't the bulk of the game essentially Firefight? or do you mean an endless wave mode? I could get behind that, make it similar to the Rifts in Diablo - further you progress, the better your rewards.

Ambitious

In case anyone wants to finish the Nightfall quickly (PS4), feel free to join. I'm right before Sepiks. I'll wait for a few minutes.

PSN: ps_flocki

Guys on the iOS app, when looking at the raid section, it only shows 3 of 4 boxes coloured white for No.1 and blank on No.2.

So for example:

1 - White - White - White - Blank.
2 - Blank - Blank - Blank - Blank.

Have i missed a chest or something?

Deku Tree

Guys on the iOS app, when looking at the raid section, it only shows 3 of 4 boxes coloured white for No.1 and blank on No.2.

So for example:

1 - White - White - White - Blank.
2 - Blank - Blank - Blank - Blank.

Have i missed a chest or something?

The boxes are for bosses looted. Not for chests. Two boxes for the templar. And two for Atheon. Did you skip the first or the last section of the Raid?

Daemul

You have 2 free character slots!

LOL! I already tried levelling an alt, didn't get very far before I got bored and deleted it.

Faction rep can't be maxed as far as I know and each time you level it, you have a chance to get Faction weapons that they don't sell. It's not much and you may not have any interest in that but there is at least a bit more value to Factions.

If Factions could give you exotics as you levelled up their rep I would continue doing it, but I already have all the weapons I need and every elemental damage type from my special and heavy weapons covered. The prospect of getting more exotics is the only thing that would pique my interest and get me levelling rep again.

Try and have a sniper for each element, only dismantle snipers which have a elemental damage type that is already filled. I got the Prudence II as a gift from New Monarchy which has Solar damage, and I dismantled it because I already had IceBreaker.

Newboi

I was reading a Forbes Contributor article today that made me want to ask this question; What do you guys think about Bungie balancing PvE weapons around PvP? It looks like nerfing/balancing weapons and weapon abilities around PvP makes alot less useful in PvE.

Dave_6

Well I attempted to solo the Nightfall last night with my level 27 Hunter, and failed as expected. Using the Ice Breaker and TDYK, it kept saying 'Resist!' every time I would headshot that captain in the very first area. Like barely doing any damage. It was late so maybe I was just too tired...

Deku Tree

I was reading a Forbes Contributor article today that made me want to ask this question; What do you guys think about Bungie balancing PvE weapons around PvP? It looks like nerfing/balancing weapons and weapon abilities around PvP makes alot less useful in PvE.

Yeah it makes all the quests to get the best exotic weapons seen mostly pointless unless you enjoy doing the quests themselves.

Just heard the bounty guy (Dominic Keating :p) say "Retrieval mission: Manhattan Nuclear Zone." A hint at future Earth content or am I scraping the bottom of the barrel?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Hit 29 last night on my Warlock. Also got The Devil You Know fully upgraded (to go along with my Shadow Price), and have 3 or 4 damage upgrades left on Ice Breaker and I'll be pretty happy weapons wise. Well, I'll work on leveling Pocket Infinity after maxing Ice Breaker just to have another good secondary option.

I'm also finally motivated to give the raid a go. Feel free to send me a friend request if you're on PS4 and interested in raiding tonight/this weekend. I want to give normal mode a spin first of course. Also still need to do the weekly heroic and nightfall.

PSN: dmaul1114.

Ugh, just checked my strange coins, and I'm a lot lower than I'm used to. Been spending too much time trying to raid and level my alt since Xur left on Saturday. Anyone on my friends list, be prepared for me to ask to have my 26 titan carried through the weekly story.

Dante316

Happy to.

- Elemental primary weapon (only raid weapons have this - very useful)
- 27 round mag
- Full auto perk
- Stability increase perk as you cause damage
- Oracle damage bonus
- Large ammo reserve (can't remember off the top of my head)
- It's a legendary so it allows you to use another exotic

It might be the best gun in the game all things considered. The elemental damage as a primary weapon is huge though.

You forgot the 900 critical damage hits in pve

Daemul

What element types? My current aim is to have Legendary examples of each element for whatever weapon, plus exotics to switch in and out.

I used to have special and heavy weapons of each element for whatever weapon type when as well, until I realised that some weapon types are useless for high level PvE content, and I started focusing on a select few, mainly Snipers, Fusion Rifles and Rocket Launchers.

Going from that list, one the Rocket Launchers would be nice.

Truth looks interesting; only Void exotic? Goodbye Praetorians.

I wonder why he doesn't stock the Hunter arms that are bone-like. Can't remember the name.
I hope not. I just got it from the nightfall. It's way better than that unfriendly giant that I was using for weeks.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So how fast does the Vision of Confluence shoot once you unlock the Full Auto perk?

Don't have math for you but fairly fast, 3-4 rounds per second, and with the stability upgrade has practically no recoil at all, it's pretty awesome.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's 3 of us. What time is good for you?

Anybody else wanting to do normal later?

I could do it starting around 8pm EST--I could play until midnight. PSN: dmaul1114. Level 29 Warlock, haven't raided yet.

Krogan

How good are explosive rounds? I got Cryptic Dragon through an engram and it has Radar while ADS and Field Scout to bring my clip size to 27 which I love but are explosive rounds from a vendor Cryptic Dragon worth giving those 2 perks up?

Zakalwe

Banned
Ugh, just checked my strange coins, and I'm a lot lower than I'm used to. Been spending too much time trying to raid and level my alt since Xur left on Saturday. Anyone on my friends list, be prepared for me to ask to have my 26 titan carried through the weekly story.

Don't get carried. Run it with your main and switch at the end, that way you can still help whoever helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom