• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can play around the same time we raided before, maybe a bit earlier.

Also my Hunter has the Atheon checkpoint for hard raid if you want to help with that

Alright, I'm gonna have to mix around my alts, but I can do that.

Bit earlier would be nice since we always raided at 4am my time. :p

X-Frame

How good are explosive rounds? I got Cryptic Dragon through an engram and it has Radar while ADS and Field Scout to bring my clip size to 27 which I love but are explosive rounds from a vendor Cryptic Dragon worth giving those 2 perks up?

I believe someone from Reddit calculated that they reduce precision damage by about 50% and the other remaining 50% damage is applied to the AOE explosion. So it has pros and cons depending upon what type of enemy you're up against.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Aw shit. I was just spamming turning in bounties and an exotic bounty popped up. Oh, I was still spamming and took the thorn bounty. Shit.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys on the iOS app, when looking at the raid section, it only shows 3 of 4 boxes coloured white for No.1 and blank on No.2.

So for example:

1 - White - White - White - Blank.
2 - Blank - Blank - Blank - Blank.

Have i missed a chest or something?
A boss loot.

And there is no order... I beat just the Atheon on Rard and it shows the first white.

Zakalwe

Banned

JohnIIVII

young ahamkara's spine, my most desired item for the moment :( I don't get why either.

I got young ahamkara's spine week 1! Was my first exotic/legendary pickup. Besides looking cool the stats arent really worth choosing it over one of the helms imo, but i keep using it because i have yet to see another hunter with it lol! Part of me hopes Xur never sells it so I can keep feeling special, but the other part wishes he would so I could finally move on to a better exotic once every hunter has them.

E92 M3

I was reading a Forbes Contributor article today that made me want to ask this question; What do you guys think about Bungie balancing PvE weapons around PvP? It looks like nerfing/balancing weapons and weapon abilities around PvP makes alot less useful in PvE.

It's really dumb and I hope they change it soon. Makes all of the cool weapons useless. Inherently, PVP will always require different balances than PVE.

golem

Completed the raid for the first time last night, here was my haul, I feel like it was a pretty good one but let me know:
  • Atheons Epilogue - assault rifle
  • Praedyths revenge - sniper rifle
  • Found Verdict - shotgun (I think I got this from the raid, can't remember though for sure)
  • Truth - rocket launcher
  • Kabr's Wrath - chest plate
  • Light of the great prism - titan class item
  • Chatterwhite - armor shader
  • and of course some shards.

Sick haul.

My friend got a full set of raid armor last night (minus helmet) and Thunderlord

I only got shards...

jeffc919

I have now been offered the Thorn, Bad Juju, Invective bounties SIX times. Haven't been offered the other set even once yet. I did the 3 bounties and have cancelled them the last 3x. Is this just a really strange coincidence, or is this set much more common, or is there something else going on?

Just bought the soundtrack. Best video game soundtrack I've heard in a while. This (mostly) pure use of orchestra with brass and strings is what I always felt the Halo soundtracks (especially the original) should have had. I never really cared much for the most of the Halo 1 and 2 soundtracks outside of the awesome main theme (3 started to include more orchestral tracks). Unlike Halo, a lot of the Destiny soundtrack can be easily translated into and performed as a concert suite (like music from most of my favorite composers- John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Howard Shore, Alan Silvestri, etc). So far (I haven't finished listening to it), my favorite tracks are The Traveler, Excerpt from the Ecstasy, and The Last Array. Also, word of warning: I tried to buy this on iTunes, but it was unable to be sold at the time (something along the lines of the album being in the process of being modified). Good thing I didn't, since I would have payed $14.99 for it, whereas Amazon is selling it exactly the same for $8.99

realcZk

I have now been offered the Thorn, Bad Juju, Invective bounties SIX times. Haven't been offered the other set even once yet. I did the 3 bounties and have cancelled them the last 3x. Is this just a really strange coincidence, or is this set much more common, or is there something else going on?

Seems random. I've gotten a lot of duplicates, currently I have gotten and almost completed every exotic weapon bounty in the game. Only two guns are even worth considering using (Thorn/PI).

Don't tell that to the guys with 120+ hours and no exotic bounties.

Ran the raid yesterday with my Warlock and scored the chest. Today I hid like a baby against hard Atheon and he gave me the helmet.

I'm the least unlucky person when it comes to raid gear drops lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well I attempted to solo the Nightfall last night with my level 27 Hunter, and failed as expected. Using the Ice Breaker and TDYK, it kept saying 'Resist!' every time I would headshot that captain in the very first area. Like barely doing any damage. It was late so maybe I was just too tired...
That's merely the Epic modifier in play. You need to use either the Captain's shield weakness (Arc) or the weekly burn (Void) to do substantial damage to that shield.
I got young ahamkara's spine week 1! Was my first exotic/legendary pickup. Besides looking cool the stats arent really worth choosing it over one of the helms imo, but i keep using it because i have yet to see another hunter with it lol! Part of me hopes Xur never sells it so I can keep feeling special, but the other part wishes he would so I could finally move on to a better exotic once every hunter has them.
It'd potentially be worth it for me when running my pocket infinity build for the special weapon reload and because when doing that, Knucklehead's ADS perk is useless. The build is more suited to Gunslinger for versatility than Bladedancer so Mark of the Third Man isn't really on my list; Achylophage along with the raid gloves with the reload mod I got would work well, but I realllllly don't like how the Symbiote looks, lol. But certainly a good pick.

The Special Weapon Reload from the gloves I have already make a big difference for pocket infinity, and I'm really interested to play around with tripmine grenades, so I still want it

By all accounts, it looks like Xur will never sell it though, so continue feeling special ;P

jeffc919

Seems random. I've gotten a lot of duplicates, currently I have gotten and almost completed every exotic weapon bounty in the game. Only two guns are even worth considering using (Thorn/PI).

yea, I really like Thorn in PvP. I've barely touched the other 2. I'm not really too worried about it. I would definitely take PI if it was offered to me, but I randomly got Plan C the other day and haven't leveled it yet so it's not a big deal. Also can't use Thorn and an exotic FR at the same time. I'd actually be more excited to find a really good legendary FR at this point. I just found it really odd to get the same bounty set 6x now. If it's 50/50, then that's like getting heads or tails 6x in a row. Possible but still really unlikely. So I wondered if it might be something I'm doing.

since the SR buff I was thing about trying a few I have been saving in storage. based on experience, are either of these any good
A.1F19X-RYL
Proxima Centauri II

Is it? I have the Invective bounty. But I'm not really a shotgun guy... should I just trash the bounty? I'm really just after a legendary void sniper at this point anyway.

I would complete the Invective bounty in case you ever find yourself a shotgun kind of guy.

Ran the raid yesterday with my Warlock and scored the chest. Today I hid like a baby against hard Atheon and he gave me the helmet.

I'm the least unlucky person when it comes to raid gear drops lol

Some dude did the raid yesterday and got gloves, boots, and chest... his first raid... ever... he had an exotic helm already so he completed his raid set in one go. Nice.

Oh, and he also got shards and one of the raid weapons. Double nice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Congrats! That's the only bounty worth a shit other than pocket infinity.
Is it? I have the Invective bounty. But I'm not really a shotgun guy... should I just trash the bounty? I'm really just after a legendary void sniper at this point anyway.
Invective is a pretty superlative shotgun. If you don't see yourself ever using one then it's not worthwhile, but it's far from a shitty weapon.

hmmm. lacking the ability to stock the items I want most, I hope Xur has the Universal Remote tomorrow, for my Defender :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom