• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

I was reading a Forbes Contributor article today that made me want to ask this question; What do you guys think about Bungie balancing PvE weapons around PvP? It looks like nerfing/balancing weapons and weapon abilities around PvP makes alot less useful in PvE.

PvP is my biggest gripe with this game even though it accounts for less than 1% of my play time. The fact that I'm forced to undertake arduous PvP tasks for exotic bounties. How ALL of the side factions' gear requires crucible marks. Special events and content being geared more towards PvP so far(Iron Banner had much more content than Queen's wrath and Trials of Osiris is next, apparently). And of course how PvE players are forced to suffer changes & nerfs made specifically with an entirely different mode in mind. It's ridiculous. I've never bought a Bungie game for PvP and usually never have to think about it.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm trying to level up my Titan Alt but it feels so boring compared with Warlock :(

PS. I just choose Titan because I already have Exotic and Legendary gears for it... I want to do Hunter next.

So I got the monte carlo today, it seems completely broken in pvp in a bad way. It does 16 damage on a body shot and 20 dmg on a headshot. Meanwhile both the suros and the mythoclast(which everyone says is terrible now) outdo it by a bunch.

Stantron

I joined the end of a friend's nightfall yesterday, and all I got was a legendary engram. Did the game screw me on loot because I joined late?

Strider

So I got the monte carlo today, it seems completely broken in pvp in a bad way. It does 16 damage on a body shot and 20 dmg on a headshot. Meanwhile both the suros and the mythoclast(which everyone says is terrible now) outdo it by a bunch.

It is. It's honestly just a flat out terrible gun. I used it exclusively in PvP for a while but after finally giving up and using different weapons my K/D shot up ridiculously fast.

X-Frame

hmmm. lacking the ability to stock the items I want most, I hope Xur has the Universal Remote tomorrow, for my Defender :>

Yeah? Even though the range to all shotguns was nerfed and the whole point to the Universal Remote is its range? I have all the upgrades save for the ass energy ones but haven't tested it out yet since the nerf. I suppose I can see how much it was affected this weekend.

Namikaze1

From the Templar starting point, if you look behind you and to the left, there a pillar high above you can jump to. Across from that (if you're staring at the Templar, it will be on you right) is a brown column sticking out from the rockwall's side. Jump to that. Here is the tricky part. You can't see due to the rock wall covering your view but there's a grey wall with a small platform on the side. You need to have high agility and control because it's hard to get to. Once you land on it, all you have to do is jump up. There's a hidden passage at the top. Sadly, during my exploration, I have never found a hidden chest there. But the area is big there.

I joined the end of a friend's nightfall yesterday, and all I got was a legendary engram. Did the game screw me on loot because I joined late?

Better than the 5 strange coins I got for it last week

From the Templar starting point, if you look behind you and to the left, there a pillar high above you can jump to. Across from that (if you're staring at the Templar, it will be on you right) is a brown column sticking out from the rockwall's side. Jump to that. Here is the tricky part. You can't see due to the rock wall covering your view but there's a grey wall with a small platform on the side. You need to have high agility and control because it's hard to get to. Once you land on it, all you have to do is jump up. There's a hidden passage at the top. Sadly, during my exploration, I have never found a hidden chest there. But the area is big there.

we must go deeper

Thanks for that, will now be sharing myself. If you need Atheon hard save, add me, join, die and good luck playing the lottery.

ps4 legoman-D

Fully intend playing through hard with a good team this weekend but for now this whiner is in for the cheese.

Edit: made game public

Dang. At work or I would be availing myself of this offer.

deoee

I've got a question:

What are the benefits of cheesing the VoG Boss? Don't you miss out half of the loot from the chests?

benjammin

I have now been offered the Thorn, Bad Juju, Invective bounties SIX times. Haven't been offered the other set even once yet. I did the 3 bounties and have cancelled them the last 3x. Is this just a really strange coincidence, or is this set much more common, or is there something else going on?

I'm level 26 and still waiting on my first exotic bounty. From everything I've seen, these seem to be the most common ones that are offered

Stantron

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. That's exactly what I got from my first time through.

Got Hawkmoon from it this week so I think all (er, most) is forgiven.

Yeah, it threw me off because when I did it from the begining on my main, I got 3 blues and an exotic helm. Go figure.

cjp

So, uh, I did my first rounds of PvP today since the patch and marks reset.

I went in fresh with The Conduit, a pulse rifle, after having used it in PvE for a few days. I did ok, nothing special. As expected really, with a fairly new weapon and a few days out of the PvP arena.

I did however still notice a lot of AR users so curiosity got the better of me and equipped my old blue Galahad rifle... Where's the nerf? I'm not noticing any difference in TTK, stability, or range. My kills and KD ratio went right back up in comparison to using the PR.

void666

Banned

It's just RNGesus messing with you. My friend joined me in nightfall for like 2 minutes and got a patience and time while i got some crap legendary pulse rifle.

nowai

Better than the six coins I got on all my characters this week! haha, I'd be happy with a legendary engram.

LordofPwn

So, uh, I did my first rounds of PvP today since the patch and marks reset.

I went in fresh with The Conduit, a pulse rifle, after having used it in PvE for a few days. I did ok, nothing special. As expected really, with a fairly new weapon and a few days out of the PvP arena.

I did however still notice a lot of AR users so curiosity got the better of me and equipped my old blue Galahad rifle... Where's the nerf? I'm not noticing any difference in TTK, stability, or range. My kills and KD ratio went right back up in comparison to using the PR.

Yeah i was getting wrecked by a Ghalahad E from half way across some maps, it out scouted a scout rifle. I dont get it personally..

Nameless

Right, but they've never produced a game that fuses the two before.

Did Bungie ever say you'd be able to play pvp or pve and never have to switch over?

I barely followed Destiny before the beta so I have no idea what they did or didn't say. That still doesn't change the fact that many of their design choices in the way of cross-pollination are unnecessary.

Frenden

Banned
oh definitely. When this happens on Hawkmoon, at that exact moment of kill it does feel OP. But... it's a completely uncontrollable effect. And it's not like the bonus damage rounds only apply to hits, out of 13 I can easily wind up firing those three into a wall. I honestly think HCs are pretty well balanced, especially against ARs now.

this is coming. guaranteed. we need to expect more, they're asking $20 up front right?

I bought the digital guardian edition, so I hope our speculation is akin to what they actually release.

Do you think they'll raise the level cap by making more than one exotic equipable at a time? Or are they going to raise the soft cap from 20? If they do the latter, won't it invalidate all our gear? UGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom