• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

Finished the Nightfall and got The Chosen, a legendary Sniper rifle with Solar damage. Disappointing. I would have needed one with Void damage.

I bought the digital guardian edition, so I hope our speculation is akin to what they actually release.

Do you think they'll raise the level cap by making more than one exotic equipable at a time? Or are they going to raise the soft cap from 20? If they do the latter, won't it invalidate all our gear? UGH.

I don't think we'll see caps raised, New patrol zones, or sub classes until the comet thing next fall. Don't get your hopes up.

Did the Nightfall for the 3rd time with my 3rd character and got this. Looks great from the upgrades.

TRBLJlV.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
I barely followed Destiny before the beta so I have no idea what they did or didn't say. That still doesn't change the fact that many of their design choices in the way of cross-pollination are unnecessary.

I like the cross pollination. By design it seems the entire point of Destiny is to invest in both modes.

If they did ever say pvp could be played exclusively though then something is off.

lunlunqq

Just got my 5th exotic bounty... exactly the same set as the previous 4 times.... :( I will be getting my 3rd Invective soon... one for each of my characters. I want to collect other exotic weapons, too. RNG please!!!

ocean

Banned
I bought the digital guardian edition, so I hope our speculation is akin to what they actually release.

Do you think they'll raise the level cap by making more than one exotic equipable at a time? Or are they going to raise the soft cap from 20? If they do the latter, won't it invalidate all our gear? UGH.
Allowing multiple Exotics wouldn't change the level cap since they max at +30, just like Raid gear.

Picked up a Hawkmoon last night in Normal Raid (Along with a Thunderlord), damn that thing has some kick..

I have The Devil You Know and Lord High Fixer and I love both for different reasons. I got Hawkmoon on Tuesday and it's kind of redundant for me at this point. Plus I hate the sights on Hawkmoon. i can't aim fast enough with them cause of the black bars on both sides

Rixxan

Agreed. Seems like the only thing that took a real hit was the Mythoclast. Suros is still dominant. Hopefully Xur will just sell the Suros again this weekend so I can buy it and use it in the Crucible. Then I won't have to bitch about it anymore.

pretty much this man

pretty much this

EL CUCO

I wish Pocket Infinity wasn't solar. I already have LIGHT/Beware for a solar fusion rifle, and it's been fantastic.

blackflag

Some dude did the raid yesterday and got gloves, boots, and chest... his first raid... ever... he had an exotic helm already so he completed his raid set in one go. Nice.

Oh, and he also got shards and one of the raid weapons. Double nice.

Crazy i've done it 6 times either on normal and hard and i got praedeths revenge, boots, and a ton of shards oh and a ship.....

oh and MIDA multi tool which is in effect just shards.

Lakitu

st5fu
So guys, I'm looking to start my first raid in around 3 and a half hours from now. Anyone going? Really really want to do it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Crazy i've done it 6 times either on normal and hard and i got praedeths revenge, boots, and a ton of shards oh and a ship.....

oh and MIDA multi tool which is in effect just shards.

I was the same way, but then this week I got the helmet, chest and boots (have exotic gloves) within 24 hours. So, RNG may smile upon you yet.

Insaniac

I wish there were more maps with longer engagement ranges, getting real tired of Suros Regime / Shotguns constantly killing me in all these small maps

Navy Bean

So is the Vex Mythoclast still good for PVE/Raiding?

I just got it last night aaaannnd, it kinda sucks in PvE. But, it will help me get 200 fusion rifle kills in Nightfall so that I can get Pocket Infinity...which also sucks now. Perfect synergy there, top marks Bungie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah? Even though the range to all shotguns was nerfed and the whole point to the Universal Remote is its range? I have all the upgrades save for the ass energy ones but haven't tested it out yet since the nerf. I suppose I can see how much it was affected this weekend.
Shotguns are still very much one hit kills at what I consider shotgun range, lol. But actually, I'd say the whole point of the Universal Remote is the build possibilities with a primary shotgun. Definitely interested in getting good with shotgun/fusion and shotgun/sniper when appropriate.

Crunk = Universal Remote wielder, vs my Pocket Infinity, on anomaly
it's not always going to be the best choice to have in your hands, but on certain maps and in certain encounters it can lay claim to that title just as much as any number of other weapons. he and I just ran the table that match, I mean no one else was in the running. it was crazy close but he just barely outplayed me to end the match (one of 2 last night where I came in second with the highest number of kills grrrrrrr!)

But mainly it really is perfect for the Offensive WoD titan I have in mind. can't wait.

my fervent hope is that they just don't raise the level cap at all. invalidating gear is boring. add horizontal progression over vertical.
Did the Nightfall for the 3rd time with my 3rd character and got this. Looks great from the upgrades.
fantastic gun, dominant during arc burns. don't forget to roll around with your primary out to be able to take advantage of the swap charge

breakfuss

I see the title got botched.
FailFish.png

This, lol.

So I know people said I should go with the invective bounty but I really like the raid shotgun I'm currently rocking. Seems redundant. Oh well, definitely not messing with the juju joint after seeing the impressions here lol. What I really want is that shotgun that can be used as a primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom