• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
First world problem of having too many exotics lol.

3 Weeks ago, I was rocking just a Suros, now I have so many Yellows, feels like a goddamn burden!

3 Characters makes a huge difference but Holy Shit, the dupes now will come rolling in triple too =S

Raid hasn't been kind to me at all, even with the fromage tactic

lunlunqq

I thought the cheese was gone; but it was still going strong this morning. And the RNGusis trolling is even stronger. Pushed Atheon off this morning again and got the same ship I got before and not just 1, but TWO of the same raid helmets I already have...

0rPQf0A.png

If you want to give me shards, just plainly give me shards, OK? Save me the trouble of dismantling them.

jay23

For normal...

If you doing normal raid tonight I'm down. Thanks again for the atheon cp.

3 Weeks ago, I was rocking just a Suros, now I have so many Yellows, feels like a goddamn burden!

3 Characters makes a huge difference but Holy Shit, the dupes now will come rolling in triple too =S

Raid hasn't been kind to me at all, even with the fromage tactic

Yup having multiple characters is great, you don't have to worry about strange coins. And completing nightfall multiple times for rewards is cool.

MADGAME

This would be excellent. Haven't done the Raid yet. Still working on getting a Legendary Primary weapon -_-

You definitely want one before Raiding, and ideally a purple primary, special and heavy to be effective. Once you acquire one, do daily bounties and have them equipped when you turn in the bounties to level them up fast. Do the level 28 dailies and a public event each day to score Ascendant materials to level up the final damage upgrades.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Listen if you have a hard checkpoint and at least 2 sunbros or a sunbro and titan

Get 6 people
Get 3 as portal team, 3 to stay out

The Portal team just go wreck face in w/e room and kill oracles + trash, use heavy weapons
Now the outside players have 30 seconds of their super + ability cooldowns going down hella' fast

This way there's insane amount of fireballs and spike grenades unleashed in a short amount of time

Don't try to cheese it the old solo way, cause then 4-5 people have to die and hope the sunbros/titan get it down before porting

This method you one or two shot it

Please bring me exotic gauntlets this weekend Xur. The raid gauntlets are the only piece I am missing. But an exotic will do just fine to get to 30.

I am a Titan and I believe the only gauntlets that Xur had for them were the No Backup Plans set, and that was on the first week of release. They are overdue to return! Right?!?!?

Please Xur!!!

The Vex is the only other item from the Raid I really want and the actual raid gauntlets but no big deal. Need to join that 30 club ASAP!

Izuna

Banned
I wish people on destinylfg would type "got the crackers, looking for cheese" when they have the checkpoint, but need a Warlock.

nowai

Please bring me exotic gauntlets this weekend Xur. The raid gauntlets are the only piece I am missing. But an exotic will do just fine

I am a Titan and I believe the only gauntlets that Xur had for them were the No Backup Plans set, and that was on the first week of release. They are overdue to return! Right?!?!?

Please Xur!!!

Correct, he had them the first week.

FYI, there are only one exotic gloves for each class and they are made for the subclass. Titan and hunter exotic gloves are pretty butt though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Having done hard mode as both a 29 and as a 30, I can safely say that it's far easier as a 30, so much so that I can't imagine a full group of 30s having a problem with any single part of the raid, much like a 28/29 would have no problem with normal.

Atkison04

Sure no problem, would love to. Seems like you are leveled enough and if your weapons are upgraded you will be able to deal damage and not incur a damage penalty. It makes a huge difference to have maxed weapons if possible.

I hope to run one Friday evening, but it would most likely be in the evening Central Time, after work and I run the Dailies.

Just be okay with no cheesing. Personally I do cheese certain areas when running with vets (and pretty much everywhere possible on Hard), but Bungie has demonstrated they will "fix" our broken way of playing at their discretion. Best to learn the legit way which is not difficult on Normal once the team is familiar with the mechanics of each encounter. Then afterwards you can mozzarella the Raid at your discretion.

I'm absolutely okay with no cheesing. I've been looking forward to doing the raid for months now and I've taken my time to gather all the gear/weapons I want and leveling them up before I even try (destiny prepper). Some of my weapons still need some level up love though (I've been passing around my exotics for turning in bounties but they still level slow). I have plans Friday night (off work Friday which is why I was trying to do it early). Saturday I have afternoon EST plans but other than that hopefully our schedules can align at some point. Of course I'll have to make sure the timing is cool with kids/wife but I always make destiny time work. Thanks for the reply and thanks a million if it actually all works out. Finding people to play feels like the most stressful part.

lunlunqq

Listen if you have a hard checkpoint and at least 2 sunbros or a sunbro and titan

Get 6 people
Get 3 as portal team, 3 to stay out

The Portal team just go wreck face in w/e room and kill oracles + trash, use heavy weapons
Now the outside players have 30 seconds of their super + ability cooldowns going down hella' fast

This way there's insane amount of fireballs and spike grenades unleashed in a short amount of time

Don't try to cheese it the old solo way, cause then 4-5 people have to die and hope the sunbros/titan get it down before porting

This method you one or two shot it

Yup. This is a much better way to do it. Did it on my second run this morning. So much easier.

Correct, he had them the first week.

FYI, there are only one exotic gloves for each class and they are made for the subclass. Titan and hunter exotic gloves are pretty butt though.

They will do until I get the Raid gauntlets! I really hope they are available this weekend. It's sad that other than next Tuesday or Xur getting my hands on exotic gauntlets is pretty much impossible. Other than god knows how many hours doing the strike playlist or crucible. Fuck that.

Sergoes

I have an Atheon hard checkpoint on my hunter. Would anyone mind coming to cheese it for me before the update goes live?

I'm on PS4.

I have a 29 Striker Titan with 3 maxed 300 oracle weapons if you need another. I can help push him off also. Knocked him off twice already today. Tag is Seragos

nowai

They will do until I get the Raid gauntlets! I really hope they are available this weekend. It's sad that other than next Tuesday or Xur getting my hands on exotic gauntlets is pretty much impossible. Other than god knows how many hours doing the strike playlist or crucible. Fuck that.

Ya man, I feel you.

I would much rather use the Saint helm or Armamentarium to hit 30. Seeing as how RNGesus has felt it necessary to avoid giving me raid gauntlets, I'm stuck using the shitty exotics....buuuuut 30 is worth it.

Dankul

I feel that playing Destiny was much more fun before reaching level 27+ and before all the cheese strategies were found. It felt very gratifying beating bosses like phogoth the first time without hiding at the door or the archon priest without hiding under the platform. I am definitely not above using these cheese strategy. At the same, I also feel like I shouldn't be able to solo certain nightfall missions at lvl 27 by sniping from locations the enemy can't reach or even shoot at.

Now, most the game just feels like a chore playing and the satisfaction/addiction mainly comes from building up my collection of legendary/exotic weapons. Many of my weapons are still nearly stock as I have too many to upgrade. The game has turned into a rat race of collecting nice things that many players already have. That being said, I had a lot of fun struggling through the last weekly heroic and nightfall with my lvl 26 alt. Thanks hawkian for the help!

tl dr: hate the game, not the players

Mindlog

I thought the cheese was gone; but it was still going strong this morning. And the RNGusis trolling is even stronger. Pushed Atheon off this morning again and got the same ship I got before and not just 1, but TWO of the same raid helmets I already have...

http://i.imgur.com/0rPQf0A.png

If you want to give me shards, just plainly give me shards, OK? Save me the trouble of dismantling them.
Don't forget to check the stats :]
My Warlock is a perfect 30 now. With one set of armor I have 99% Super, ~55% Grenade and ~18% Melee. I can get 100%+ Super and ~65% Grenade, but it wastes a couple of points with too much Intelligence.

I do need lots of Shards and Energy this week. Still have to max Mythoclast, Truth and a Legendary Arc Rifle. My Hunter alt is looking to climb a few levels as well.

Navy Bean

Is there a good strategy for soloing the Nightfall this week? My only decent arc weapon is a fully leveled legendary sniper which will be good for the final boss but bad for the first room.

EL CUCO

When fresh Raiding on Hard, are you guys noticing the double drops from receiving Normal's loot as well?

Cheesed Atheon on my alt the other day (first time on Hard) and got exactly the same loot I got from a Hard run on my main, AFTER having done normal.

I know the app marks it off as having looted but is the stacking loot theory perceptively working as it's supposed to?

I feel that playing Destiny was much more fun before reaching level 27+ and before all the cheese strategies were found. It felt very gratifying beating bosses like phogoth the first time without hiding at the door or the archon priest without hiding under the platform. I am definitely not above using these cheese strategy. At the same, I also feel like I shouldn't be able to solo certain nightfall missions at lvl 27 by sniping from locations the enemy can't reach or even shoot at.

Now, most the game just feels like a chore playing and the satisfaction/addiction mainly comes from building up my collection of legendary/exotic weapons. Many of my weapons are still nearly stock as I have too many to upgrade. The game has turned into a rat race of collecting nice things that many players already have. That being said, I had a lot of fun struggling through the last weekly heroic and nightfall with my lvl 26 alt. Thanks hawkian for the help!

tl dr: hate the game, not the players

I kind of agree--Phogoth was a huge challenge for my friends and me the first time. Beating it is probably the most rewarding experience I've had, outside of the raid.

At the same time--are some of these Nightfalls even possible without the cheese spots?

I have a 29 Striker Titan with 3 maxed 300 oracle weapons if you need another. I can help push him off also. Knocked him off twice already today. Tag is Seragos

I cheesed him this morning with my lvl 27 Warlock. I'm looking to get into a cheese with my Hunter if I can.

PSN: Subtervotion

void666

Banned
Arrgh... Two more hours until i get back home. I need the cheese.
I have a sunsinger 28 with voidfang vestments. Cheesed atheon a few times.
I have alts. Help mine and i'll help yours.

irus_void
PS4

Bizazedo

Why? Everybody loves delicious cheese.

It's not that. Cheese exists, people figured it out, it's not like it's duping or hacking or anything. Have fun with it.

If they're going to fix it / adjust the raid, though, it feels....wrong to not do it and have it apply to everyone at the same time. It's something that would cause an uproar in WoW.

Is it an enormous deal? Na, tons have cheesed it already, probably even taken off work or gone in late today. Damage done .... that and I have a ton of gear already, anyways, and will be 30 when I get two more shards, so it's not like I'm envious.

It just doesn't sit well with me, their schedule of "fixes", when looking towards future content. It makes me care less, if that makes sense.

kaiiri

i feel like this is what happens when they have you do the same missions throughout the ENTIRE game. even the queen ones. at least with games like WoW they had one set or dungeons for leveling. and another set for max levels. now we just have the same like 7 strike missions we do multiple times a day / week for bounties or whatever. which leads to people wanting more to cheese the thing they've already done "legitly" a million times before.

ya people will always find ways to cheese stuff. just feel the process was hastened by the lack of content.

Arrgh... Two more hours until i get back home. I need the cheese.
I have a sunsinger 28 with voidfang vestments. Cheesed atheon a few times.
I have alts. Help mine and i'll help yours.

irus_void
PS4

Whoever takes this man, take me too please.

Lvl 28 warlock

PSN GODSFAVORITE

Edit nvm: 2 more hours

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I kind of agree--Phogoth was a huge challenge for my friends and me the first time. Beating it is probably the most rewarding experience I've had, outside of the raid.

At the same time--are some of these Nightfalls even possible without the cheese spots?

They are with a good team. Not going to lie, it's pretty hard. Many people are just not good at not dying. All the cheese going on is making things a lot worse - people are reaching high levels (29/30) because of cheesing everything but still suck at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom