• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dankul

Agree - it is tough to not use cheese but it's very rewarding when you don't. I also think the concept of "cheesing" is getting too loosely defined. No matter what, you've got to heavily use cover and teamwork to win at Nightfall/Raid and not every conservative strategy=cheesing or exploiting a fight.

You nailed the dying part - the art of survival is difficult for a lot of people when they'd rather run into cross-fire with their shotty. I'm not a master at this game but I've learned the value of staying behind cover and understanding how much damage you can withstand...it's the difference between winning and losing.

I would consider sniping from outside the horde/defend region where the enemies are stuck behind an invisible wall being cheesy.

ethomaz

Banned
Still looking for one lv29-lv30'er to rush through hard mode raid from the beginning. Hard raid experience required, we're looking to go through it quite quickly (and thus cheese the fuck out of it). Add me on ps4: JinjoNL
What time?

I'm at work yet but I can play it later... PSN: ethomaz.

LiK

I GOT THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

FIRST CHECKPOINT!!!!!!

Hate you

BurningNad

Anyone have room for a 28 Hunter for Atheon cheese hard mode? I have no mic (though skype is available to me if you happen to be using that, I have a mic on my pc) and I have no experience with him but hey, if anyone is willing to give a free ride, I'd rather put myself out there.

PS4 - BurningNad

lunlunqq

I GOT THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

FIRST CHECKPOINT!!!!!!

Can I trade with you? I will give you two helmets for your single pair of boots. T_T

Nodnol

Bloody RNGesus.

Just done the Nightfall.

One friend gets Patience and Time. Another friend gets Plan C.

I get a Legendary Sniper that has now been sharded.

ethomaz

Banned

FIRST CHECKPOINT!!!!!!
I can't... why God? why? I need the boots.

Chitown B

do you get rewards from Hard every time you beat it? Or just once a week per character like Normal? Because I just read above someone did it 15 times, which would seem pointless otherwise.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
do you get rewards from Hard every time you beat it? Or just once a week per character like Normal? Because I just read above someone did it 15 times, which would seem pointless otherwise.

Once a week. And that's me. 15 times total I've killed Atheon, not 15 times this week.

Melchiah

Finally got legendary engrams that actually gave legendary weapons; Doctor Nope auto rifle and Unfriendly Giant rocket launcher. It was weird to get two of them in a row, when the game has given me only one once before. Bought Epitaph 2261 sniper rifle as well, and got the Suited for War trophy.

bryehn

So are friends required to do a weekly heroic with other people? I have no problem finding people to do Tiger playlists, but every time I launch a weekly it dumps me in alone. Sometimes I'll see others, but they disappear as soon as I hit a darkness zone.

Playing hunter now and enjoy the class very much, was thinking about starting an alt but not sure which way to go.

Pilgor

I need the helmet so badly. I'm so tempted to cheese this, now that it's the last chance.

Can anyone give me the Atheon checkpoint on hard for PS4, in a couple hours?

Still looking for one lv29-lv30'er to rush through hard mode raid from the beginning. Hard raid experience required, we're looking to go through it quite quickly (and thus cheese the fuck out of it). Add me on ps4: JinjoNL

I'm in if you still have room. Just added you on PSN

Place yourself right before the hallway that leads up to the "boss door" and use a sniper. Don't enter the hallway though because lots of enemies will spawn there if you do.

what about the wave room. I can imgaine that being a total crap fest on nightfall

nightfall is 28. you do 66% damage at 27, 33% damage at 26. 0% damage at 25.

Is that so?

...Ugh. Anyone have well, the best way to farm the freaking planets? All I do is solo the Nightfall and Heroic Weekly. Can uh....can anyone give me like, a farming guide for the planets? ._. I NEED MY CRACK DAMMIT.

Namikaze1

Raid on normal beaten! While I didn't get some good loot after the maze, I did get the class item and raid arms and legs. Now for a break before hard mode later.

Sullichin

Are there more enemies when you do nightfall with other people? I was able to do last week's solo, but had a much harder time doing it with my friend who was level 27 and didn't really have good weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom