• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

Or Motes of Light as well, I'd be cool with that.

Did the Nightfall on my two characters:

10 coins
12 ass energy

As if I really needed those, but whatevs.

Don't everyone need energy? I mean, there are so many weapons to max out. I guess people find their favorite and stick to it/them. But I want to max out many and play around with them.

I have 112 motes. Not sure what to do with them. I think I'll just keep stockpiling them, maybe they'll be more useful some day.

amar212

True and I agree. Atheon fight is nigh impossible on hard with all the glitches unless you're VERY lucky. One reason why I really didn't mind cheesing Atheon. Shame since it's not even that hard at all.

Guess I'll do the raid in two months when they finally get around to fixing it.

Honestly, isn't this a bit hyperbolic?

I done probably 20 hard raids and yes, there are occasional glitches, but is is far from being impossible or unplayayble.

Once the first "glitch" of any kind appears, all should die, back to orbit and return to chekpoint. Game flushes something and everything works.

Atheon on hard is the same as on Normal basically, especially if players are 30 and know what they are doing.

Yesterday we had a strange moment of satisfaction when we had no issues whatsoever with the random teleport, everyone knew tthe drill and it was even funnier because it broke the dulness of usual team procedure.

I don't know, sometimes some critiques seem so strange, shrug.

Is the monkey business over? Or are Bungie still monkeying about?

Last night I got disconnected 3 times during Nightfall, twice during the weekly and 5 times during daily story. Then got disconected another 7 times trying to do the bounties. All monkey.

I only managed to complete the weeklies and dailies thanks to Maledict (Void) and Duebrithil.

I really think this thread's title should be changed to Monkey Business all things considered.

Midas

Seriously!

That would be SOOOOOO much better.

! coin per shard might be too generous, but I could settle for 2 coins per shard/energy.

I would be OK with that as well. I hardly use the coins for anything these days. Maybe if I start leveling up my alt char though. :)

Zakalwe

Banned
Flawless run attempt
-

Looking for players experienced with the raid, confident, and as close to a perfect track record with the jump puzzle as possible.

If there's any one part that constantly gives you trouble then please don't join. Practise that part till you have it down first, it will only make flawless runs frustrating for the team.

Looking to leave around 12pm gmt (can go sooner if we find people quickly

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) lvl 30 Titan

Honestly, isn't this a bit hyperbolic?

I done probably 20 hard raids and yes, there are occasional glitches, but is is far from being impossible or unplayayble.

Once the first "glitch" of any kind appears, all should die, back to orbit and return to chekpoint. Game flushes something and everything works.

Atheon on hard is the same as on Normal basically, especially if players are 30 and know what they are doing.

Yesterday we had a strange moment of satisfaction when we had no issues whatsoever with the random teleport, everyone knew tthe drill and it was even funnier because it broke the dulness of usual team procedure.

I don't know, sometimes some critiques seem so strange, shrug.

We did do this, no dice. Game refused to work properly. Really aggravating. Atheon fight on hard is the only part of the raid with serious issues, rest seems to work fine. Fight is less broken on normal, barely ran into issues doing it legit on normal.

Fitts

Is the monkey business over? Or are Bungie still monkeying about?

Last night I got disconnected 3 times during Nightfall, twice during the weekly and 5 times during daily story. Then got disconected another 7 times trying to do the bounties. All monkey.

I only managed to complete the weeklies and dailies thanks to Maledict (Void) and Duebrithil.

I really think this thread's title should be changed to Monkey Business all things considered.

I have this same question. I went through Nightfall twice with different groups and we were all getting randomly disconnected. I then got up with some friends to raid and forget about it... I don't think 2 minutes went by without a disconnect.

If it's not fixed, has there been any word/acknowledgement from Bungie?

Flawless run attempt
-

Looking for players experienced with the raid, confident, and as close to a perfect track record with the jump puzzle as possible.

If there's any one part that constantly gives you trouble then please don't join. Practise that part till you have it down first, it will only make flawless runs frustrating for the team.

That's in how many hours?

did the raid tonight, just wanted the raid gauntlets and that's the first thing i got so i'm happy. level them up and my gjallarhorn fully and i'll be ready for hard raiding to get the helmet and mythoclast.

Two.

What happened to you yesterday? Tried sending requests but no response.

Didn't get any requests from you yesterday. If that was around the reset time, I wasn't able to login in until 2 hours after the reset due to broken Destiny servers.

I'm in btw for the flawless run. Atheon glitches can ruin it for us though :/

Maledict

Better angry than lightswitch

I much prefer lightswitch over angry for Mars missions. Cabal don't really have any melee units, so lightswitch doesn't do anything. Angry prevents those stupid soldiers with shields from ever flinching, which means they take ages to kill and slows everything down significantly.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Flawless run attempt
-

2. Kartik21 lvl 30 hunter
Let's do this!

Flawless run attempt
-

Me and my brother might join if thats ok? preferable earlier than 12, like in 15 -20 minutes would be great if we could get it going ?

Steroyd

Woah woah WOAH! HOLD THE PHONE!

Fatebringer has the firefly perk! Well no shit everyone wants it, that was my reason for keeping the Prudence II.

Flawless run attempt
-

2. Steroyd

I can do it in an about 30-45 minutes, should be sooner if everything goes smooth.

WITHE1982

I have this same question. I went through Nightfall twice with different groups and we were all getting randomly disconnected. I then got up with some friends to raid and forget about it... I don't think 2 minutes went by without a disconnect.

Ditto.

Got to the Nightfall boss 6 times last night and was kicked with the Monkey error every single time. I'm not going to even attempt it again until I know it's 100% fixed.

Before the update I'd only been disconnected a hand-full of times total.

Shito

Woah woah WOAH! HOLD THE PHONE!

Fatebringer has the firefly perk! Well no shit everyone wants it, that was my reason for keeping the Prudence II.
That perk is awesome, especially on primary.
Can't live without my legendary scout rifle with firefly...

Flawless run attempt
-

Flawless run now with the random teleport is harder than ever. Think I will need to do the "new" raid a few times before I join you mate. Better for all of you guys that is attempting this.

Zakalwe

Banned
Flawless run now with the random teleport is harder than ever. Think I will need to do the "new" raid a few times before I join you mate. Better for all of you guys that is attempting this.

Thanks man. All you really need to do is both get experience handling the relic and working inside the portals. Once you know the tactics (and they're pretty simple) you'll be fine.

Didn't get any requests from you yesterday. If that was around the reset time, I wasn't able to login in until 2 hours after the reset due to broken Destiny servers.

I'm in btw for the flawless run. Atheon glitches can ruin it for us though :/

Well, I was getting notifications of messages yesterday that had been sent the previous day. So I'd imagine that had something to do with it.

Join us this time. I'm sure we'll fall foul to glitches again but if we keep trying one of these runs will end up clicking in to place! :3

On that note:

Flawless run attempt
-

Looking to leave around 12pm gmt (can go sooner if we find people quickly.

3. DeathJr
4. Steroyd lvl 30 Titan
6. (Reserved) lvl 30 Titan

Please sign up for the 6th slot if you want it. If my friend is online he'll be filling it, it not then you can join us. Chances are he can't make it.

I much prefer lightswitch over angry for Mars missions. Cabal don't really have any melee units, so lightswitch doesn't do anything. Angry prevents those stupid soldiers with shields from ever flinching, which means they take ages to kill and slows everything down significantly.

Yeah, lightswitch for Cabal is pretty useless. Only units you should worry about with melee are Phalanx. Even without lightswitch they can kill you with one shield hit depending on the geometry of the level. I should know, got distracted last week doing the bounty on the Buried City and when I was hit, it sent me flying through the room against a wall. Once I hit the wall all that remained was my ghost...

When they don't flinch and turtle up behind their shield, they're really annoying to take down.

Kensuke

We have one more spot for the nightfall. Join us for goodies (it's going to be an engram...).

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

edit: Full now, sorry Assasio!

Yep, the weeklies and dailies were hard enough and if it wasn't for my fireteam mates I wouldn't have been able to complete them with all the monkeys flying about.

I also almost gave up doing the bounties since I was getting disconnected so much. But I had to start leveling that Shadow Price I got from Nightfall...

And it didin't seem to be a problem with PSN. I was getting messages and What's New was refreshing much quicker since the OS update.

WarWolf

Flawless run attempt
-

I'm down to try again.

3. DeathJr
4. Steroyd lvl 30 Titan
6. (Reserved) lvl 30 Titan

Please sign up for the 6th slot if you want it. If my friend is online he'll be filling it, it not then you can join us. Chances are he can't make it.

I can run it with you guys (DrDrizzay101, Lv30 Titan). I can do it in my sleep at this point. Haven't died on an attempt yet. Just make sure everyone has a mic.

Skele7on

Banned
what up you fiends.

I have a question about raid Items.

Are they all just on RNG or can some only be obtained on hard?

I have done the raid a total of 8 times now and haven't seen a single gauntlet or helm drop.

Am I doing it wrong?

So what do the Jackolytes do?

It puts a pumpkin on your head.

what up you fiends.

Are they all just on RNG or can some only be obtained on hard?

I have done the raid a total of 8 times now and haven't seen a single gauntlet or helm drop.

Am I doing it wrong?

It puts a pumpkin on your head.

Hard mode will net you the helm, timebreaker( low chance on normal) and the helm

what up you fiends.

Are they all just on RNG or can some only be obtained on hard?.

Some items are hard raid only, like Fatebringer and Vex Mytoclast, and the Aspect of Glass ship and the Timebreaker Sparrow.

Supposedly the helm can drop on normal mode but I've only ever seen somebody (including myself) get it on hard raid. The gauntlets most definitely can drop on normal.

SkylineRKR

Yeah Mythoclast was completely fucking useless yesterday. Good luck hitting that elbows. Just sniped them, but its shitty.

Angry on Phalanxes just sucks no matter how you put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom