• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornDogg

welp... i'm doing pocket infinity and now I need the 10 blue fusion rifles... Is there anyway to see what the gunsmith sells from outside the game (like in the mobile app or something?)
This bounty is one of the (many) things that makes me scratch my head about this game. There's seriously no practical way to complete it except to buy them from the vendor... Oh well!

Yeah, you can see the Gunsmith's inventory from the mobile app. Can't buy from there, though, unfortunately.

LiK

welp... i'm doing pocket infinity and now I need the 10 blue fusion rifles... Is there anyway to see what the gunsmith sells from outside the game (like in the mobile app or something?)
This bounty is one of the (many) things that makes me scratch my head about this game. There's seriously no practical way to complete it except to buy them from the vendor... Oh well!

Yea, you can check what they're selling in app

patchday

I swapped out the symbiote for the raid helm and Ahamkara's Spine. I loved the extra golden gun shot, but I like the special weapon reload and tripmine perk more. And it looks so much better.

Damn I shoulda rolled with motes to get the spine for my hunter with Xur. Anyway, dont have raid helm for hunter in anycase

joecanada

any stability going on yet in the game? I didn't touch it last night after taking a day off only to be booted out 6 times in an hour.

Any word on a hotfix? Anything yet? Acknowledgement on twitter?

CornDogg

So with the light level being bumped to 32, I wonder if it would be better to save my ass shards for new gear upgrading. I'm already 29, so I should be good to run VoG on hard.

Assuming Bungie doesn't replace ass shards with a new end game upgrade material for the expansion gear, I'm thinking it might be better to just save them.

Tovarisc

Kinda hilarious and sad at same time how even very common green drop AR is far more powerful in PvP than arguably games rarest exotic [Vex].

So with the light level being bumped to 32, I wonder if it would be better to save my ass shards for new gear upgrading. I'm already 29, so I should be good to run VoG on hard.

Assuming Bungie doesn't replace ass shards with a new end game upgrade material for the expansion gear, I'm thinking it might be better to just save them.

If you can get to 30 then get to 30. No reason to hold back and gimp your power in Crota raid if you can be at peak performance [read: level 30].

hydruxo

Flawless run spoiled because that piece of shit Atheon did not teleport anyone.

NOT A SINGLE FUCKING ONE!

I don't have a problem with Bungie changing to random teleporting, but that is ridiculous that it's broken. If you're going to put out a "fix", at least make it work as intended.

Hey PWH, well my son plays on my PSN. Fortunately with the "no team chat" thing I don't have to worry about the stuff he'll hear in PvP. Whew!
(I've been in CoD games that were downright scary)

Do your kids have alts on your account or separate PSN's? I kept my son on my account so I don't have to double pay for all my Vita games...

If alts, then heck, we set up an invite only party on our account(s), I'll plug my Blue Snowball into the PS4, and sit back and watch the chaos unfold. :)
(How about that for parental supervision! We get to watch video games!)

They both have sub accounts since the PS+ works for everyone. But I can have them work on leveling my Warlock (level 2 right now) and also let them drive one of my leveled characters if they promise not to shard anything. Maybe (big maybe) someday they could friend up on their own PSN ID's.

What's the Blue Snowball? The gold headphones? I can't let the kids use them... since they can't hear themselves their voices double in volume.

Skele7on

Banned
I am really pissed off that more bounty slots is a fucking bullet point to sell The Dark Below after they mentioned it as work towards the next patch in yesterday's patch notes.

Fuck off.

You'll get the slots without buying the expansion, they're just saying that it'll be helpful as X will happen in the DLC when the missions are given as bounties not as missions in the way we were before...

Skele7on

Banned
Flawless run spoiled because that piece of shit Atheon did not teleport anyone.

NOT A SINGLE FUCKING ONE!

Ain't that new, Atheon didn't teleport ANYONE, no relic spawning meant flawless run was impossible.

couldn't you have still opened the portals quickly and one jump through each to try clear oracles then wait for next lot to be sent through? or did it all together fuck up?

Fixed1979

I don't believe there's anyway to see what he's selling outside of the game...just need to keep checking. It took me about 3 days to be on at the right time to get the fusion rifles I needed.

Items of note from this interview at Eurogamer:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-the-dark-below-takes-aim-at-story-criticism

and a new raid, which will come with the expansion, but like the first raid it will unlock over time.

So the raid won't be available on December 9th but unlock at a later date? Lame...

I'm sure you're well aware of the negative reaction to the story in the core game. You say it'll be different in the DLC, but how exactly?

Harold Ryan: Have you done the Thorn exotic quest?

I'm right at the end and need someone to help me with the last stage.

Harold Ryan: So, looking at how the exotic quests work, like the Thorn quest, was the inspiration for how we're attempting to tell the story in this expansion. And so it's going to feel much more emergent and interactive in the world as you play through and unlock the story of Eris.

What. The. Fuck. Exotic bounties are painful and annoying and this is how they are improving upon the story mission structure? Fuck.

Are you making any mechanical changes?

Harold Ryan: We're adding new bounty slots as part of this, so people can keep doing the weeklies along with picking up the new content that comes with the expansion. We're going from five to 10.

Seriously? This just couldn't be in a patch? So we are paying for more bounty slots, fuck off.

And the press release says this:
New story quests and missions - after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards

How do you get light from story missions and quests? It is through gear? Huh?

I just hope this
icon0939f86c3368b1d5113598b99e8e4496.png
is still coming in the expansion, because that warlock armor on the DLC screenshots is horrible. I want my girl to look beautiful and deadly, not like she has been living on the streets.

M3Freak

Banned
I guess I forgot you can buy the armor. I need to get to rank 2 first so maybe I'll work on that.

To the crucible you must go!

Since the clans are just tags and don't have an in-game list we should just group up instead of making a separate clan. I wanted to get into one of the GAF clans so I have a big list of people to add and play with.

That makes sense. But, I have no idea how to coordinate with other clan mates. It's not like there's a lobby system. Me confused with Destiny clan system.

I have pinball league tonight but I think I'm going to stay home. If I do I'll send you a message.

Sounds good to me! I'm usually playing by about 10:00 p.m., sometimes earlier. Hopefully you can play around then. If we do meet up, let's work on your crucible marks. I'm up for anything, but if you want to purchase legendary gear, you'll have to level up that component of the game.

Tovarisc

I think she? will give out those 3 new story missions first and after completing them she turns into bounty machine that you then use to grind rep with her. You then need grind rep until X level in order to get access to gear that she is selling which then boosts your character to Y level.

So, has the monkey business in the serves stopped?

I was severely bogged down by monkeys yesterday, but today zero issues / errors.

And I have put several hours in as I have done bounties and daily etc.

JayEH

So...level cap is being raised. Now I'll be forever 29 while everyone is 32 D:

But damn, Bungie is not putting much content in the expansion. And apparently some NPC in the Tower is giving you the story missions so It seems like there won't be any cutscenes . It's not like the cutscenes will save the game's story (or lack of content) but it would at least seem like some effort was put in the "expansion".

NeOak

But damn, Bungie is not putting much content in the expansion. And apparently some NPC in the Tower is giving you the story missions so It seems like there won't be any cutscenes . It's not like the cutscenes will save the game's story (or lack of content) but it would at least seem like some effort was put in the "expansion".

It's easy when the content was already there on the cutting floor.

Acorn

Its weird.

It's grossly overpriced too £35. I can get another game for that price

Hoodbury

Items of note from this interview at Eurogamer:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-the-dark-below-takes-aim-at-story-criticism

So the raid won't be available on December 9th but unlock at a later date? Lame...

What. The. Fuck. Exotic bounties are painful and annoying and this is how they are improving upon the story mission structure? Fuck.

Seriously? This just couldn't be in a patch? So we are paying for more bounty slots, fuck off.

And the press release says this:

None of the PR pieces have mentioned anything about Clan features being upgraded in the expansion. I wonder if this is really all we're going to get, a tag under our name?

Did Sony remove the ability to send a friend request by entering in an PSN ID in the app update? When I try to add someone it only gives the option to Send by Email or Send by Text Message. There's also a button to create a Friend Request link but nowhere to search for a PSN ID. Am I missing something?

Edit: nm, I found it. You have to select Search from the dropdown when viewing your friends list. Such a weird place to put it. You would think it would be available under the +friend button.

Another option and one that might work for you, is to go with one of the other vendors, that way all your rank goes towards one specific target regardless of if you're doing PVP or PVE...

No matter what you do, make sure you complete the available bounties that you're able to (or want to), otherwise a long grind becomes even longer.
You mean like xur etc? Got 8 strange coins and about the same motes of light so I'm getting there.

None of the PR pieces have mentioned anything about Clan features being upgraded in the expansion. I wonder if this is really all we're going to get, a tag under our name?

If they don't roll out a big patch with voice chat options, increased clan options, etc. etc. with this, it will be REALLY disappointing.

Tovarisc

It's easy when the content was already there on the cutting floor.

And some in-game, on the disc. From released screenshots I recognize one cave from Cosmodrome [it has hive in it already] and Seraphim Vault that is also accessible already with OOB trick.

Really? We didn't get a single disconnect during the raid.

Not everyone was bogged by down "monkey" -error, but many were.

I"ll join. But I currently do not have a mic. PSN ID: SlenderBeans

I won't have my mic either, I will add you soon. I need like 15-20 minutes real quick. The plan is that when we get to the last boss we wont jump down the cliff but hang back and make sure you have a fusion rifle to take down the menatour that spawns (if it's faster add me, PSN: Darryl_M_R)

JayEH

It took me like 2 weeks to complete that part :p Just check the mobile app and/or Bungie.net in the "Tower" section and click on the gunsmith. It'll show you what he is selling.

...There's also this site http://isthegunsmithsellingrarefusionrifles.com.

I really wanted a new planet :(

Think it was known since the summer this wasn't happening. It's becoming apparently obvious now that this content was just cut from the main game.

I won't have my mic either, I will add you soon. I need like 15-20 minutes real quick. The plan is that when we get to the last boss we wont jump down the cliff but hang back and make sure you have a fusion rifle to take down the menatour that spawns (if it's faster add me, PSN: Darryl_M_R)

Ok. I'm working toward the boss right now. I'll pop you an invite once I'm there.

I don't have my Fusion rifle on me, but I do have Atheon's Epilogue and a Void HMG to help take him out.

GhaleonEB

It only takes about 2 seconds to open a raid chest
Pretty sure you can make the time
I don't really know what this means, but I was referring to the time to invest in a decent play session.

Though, if Hawkian is still doing his VoG newbie groups in a month or two I can probably join. (Still level 22.)

Also, do I have it right that wearing the faction item (in my case a cloak for FWC) earns me faction rep...but I can't buy their gear as it requires Crucible marks, rather than Vanguard marks? I don't do PvP...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
edit: It's on DestinyTracker. There's a perk called "The Dance", which causes the character to move faster while aiming. Boring.
need them.
Hey! I'm not exactly a Raid noob as I've cleared it multiple times but I'd like to join a casual Normal run where I can explore new positions. So far I've been pretty set in my roles - left during Conflux, outside during Gatekeepers and Atheon etc.

This seems like a good opportunity to hop on and explore new roles, thus becoming a more flexible player. I'd understand if you give priority to actual raid virgins but if you still have a spot let me know.
You are certainly welcome if you can make the time :)
I swapped out the symbiote for the raid helm and Ahamkara's Spine. I loved the extra golden gun shot, but I like the special weapon reload and tripmine perk more. And it looks so much better.
Both great Gunslinger pieces, little overlap. Achylophage is the best raid exotic I can think of- one more free Oracle kill.
I don't really know what this means, but I was referring to the time to invest in a decent play session.

Though, if Hawkian is still doing his VoG newbie groups in a month or two I can probably join. (Still level 22.)
I certainly hope to be!

With ocean in, that's 3/6 slots for tomorrow, 9:00PM.

I should have mentioned, it's "newbie-only" in theme, but if you feel like just helping some newbies out or learning new roles even if you're a vet you're welcome to join. The key here is I'd like to get as many people who have been intimidated/unable to find a group/playing casually through as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom