• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to set up another Flawless run on Friday night 8pm gmt. If any of the guys from today could make it it would be great, we had a good team and a sound strat.

Yeah, I'm definately good for another try on Friday.

I'm still hell-bent on getting it done tonight with Matt, cyborg, and whoever else is going to be around. But obviously I will still help you guys regardless of whether or not I've gotten it by then. Same goes for anyone else on any of the squads I've run with: Dhruv, Lik, Afro, Steroyd, ruthlesbarbarian, kopyasu, Kartik21 (even w/o a mic, lol), et. al. Or any other team that wants to benefit from our enormous suffering and hard-earned wisdom. Flawless Raid Guides, Inc.

I probably take this shit too seriously but it's important to me to never let my teammates down on these runs. Helping people and working together is the heart of the experience. Focusing on that helps all the flaws and RNG-BS to just roll off your back.

I'm looking to run either hard raid with my 29 Titan or normal raid with my alt hunter tonight. PSN is same as gaf. I have plenty of experience (including flawless).

I'm at work and can't friend people right now, but if you can add me I'll be trying to do all of the above tonight. I have a 29 Hunter that I want to run through normal or hard (not a lot of hard experience), and a lesser Titan that needs to try a normal run.

PSN: PrivateWHudson

RPG

But I hate the fact that you have to go into a story to do it. I want to explore the "open world" that they created, but every tool they give us makes things feel completely on rails. Even the chest and node farming is set up in little arena like pockets. I want a reason to go off the beaten path. Maybe I'm crazy, but it would even be nice to have small enemy encounters in the loading zone hallways.

I actually think the most interesting thing I've seen was when I was farming Bloom on Venus I saw a message that 'A roaming gang of pikes approaches'. Then a couple of minutes later, a couple of dregs on pikes came driving by and started a fight. I'm sure it's some timed encounter in that area of the Venus map, but it was at least different.

Mindlog

So, have any of my XB1 brethren gotten up in arms about getting lesser DLC? I get the exclusive content for the main game, but getting less DLC is kind of absurd. The excluded stuff probably already lives on my hard drive. One strike and one raid for 20 bucks? Oh, I guess there is the story to look forward to....
I'm on PS4 and find the lack of content disappointing. We've known what it would be for a while, but I preordered under the traditional meaning of the word 'expansion.' Didn't imagine it meaning something closer to CoD DLC which I never buy.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Looking to run raids of any sort. I have to run the normal on my level 27 warlock and hard on my level 30 hunters. PS4: SharkJAW

I'm up for a raid later on tonight if you're starting one up. Like 11pm central or so.

Also, Nightfall was a complete disappointment for me. 8 strange coins. Not 9. But 8.

EIGHT.

:(

ocean

Banned
Question about Flawless. Let's say I'm in a Fireteam and we defeat the Templar flawless, zero deaths. I then switch out my character before heading to the maze and give an alt a "Flawless until Templar" checkpoint.

Could I then resume my attempt with my main and, if something goes wrong, use my alt to invite everyone as Fireteam Leader into a checkpoint where nobody had died yet?

Question about Flawless. Let's say I'm in a Fireteam and we defeat the Templar flawless, zero deaths. I then switch out my character before heading to the maze and give an alt a "Flawless until Templar" checkpoint.

Could I then resume my attempt with my main and, if something goes wrong, use my alt to invite everyone as Fireteam Leader into a checkpoint where nobody had died yet?

No.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm still hell-bent on getting it done tonight with Matt, cyborg, and whoever else is going to be around. But obviously I will still help you guys regardless of whether or not I've gotten it by then. Same goes for anyone else on any of the squads I've run with: Dhruv, Lik, Afro, Steroyd, ruthlesbarbarian, kopyasu, Kartik21 (even w/o a mic, lol), et. al. Or any other team that wants to benefit from our enormous suffering and hard-earned wisdom. Flawless Raid Guides, Inc.

I probably take this shit too seriously but it's important to me to never let my teammates down on these runs. Helping people and working together is the heart of the experience. Focusing on that helps all the flaws and RNG-BS to just roll off your back.

Appreciate it man. I'm confident you'll make it tonight.

Onemic

I'm on PS4 and find the lack of content disappointing. We've known what it would be for a while, but I preordered under the traditional meaning of the word 'expansion.' Didn't imagine it meaning something closer to CoD DLC which I never buy.

wait a minute....The expansion only has one new strike and one new raid....That's it???

SkylineRKR

I'm up for a raid later on tonight if you're starting one up. Like 11pm central or so.

Also, Nightfall was a complete disappointment for me. 8 strange coins. Not 9. But 8.

EIGHT.

:(

I actually got 9. For a grand total of 18 that day due to the weeky heroic.

Making alts in Destiny and leveling them up is such a hassle... but guaranteed 27 strange coins a week, two loot rolls for Nightfall and basically 24 rolls on Raid makes it seem almost worth it. It's just this damn story...it hurts to replay it ;__;

You can't have anyone leave the fireteam or even have a disconnection at any point during the raid or else you have to start over. All Fireteam members must load into the raid together and run it from start to finish (Atheon dies) with no deaths. There are no checkpoints for flawless, you can't switch characters or even go to the Tower for more ammo. Hope this helps.

Namikaze1

Wtf. Raid goes smooth till the jumping puzzles. For some reason, the platforms go normally for me but apparently my team says I was floating in midair. Apparently, the platforms were lagging as hell.

Agent

Did Nightfall and got a Judgment VI New Monarchy shotgun for the second week in a row. I don't even know what to say. I'd be happy getting shards over that 2 weeks in a row.

Sofa King

I bought the $90 digital deluxe edition as a jumping off point. They get a window to show me that buying their game on the "other" console is worth it. I have put a lot of time into the game so far, but I am hitting the wall about now. I am really looking forward to the MCC coming for a new time sink and had hopes that the expansion would bring me back in. Grinding 2 levels of light on one raid that I can play once a week isn't what I had in mind with expansion. One strike should keep my attention for a couple of runs. Really not into the crucible. Hopefully I am wrong, but expecting disappointment.

anddo0

Normal raid- all chests and checkpoints shards/energy
Hard raid- all chests and checkpoints shards/energy

All this while other hunters on my team got the gloves that I needed.
It's just a feeling of disgust now. Almost 4 weeks at 29, raid drops are getting worse (not even getting weapons anymore). I swear if it wasn't for the DLC I'd be done.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wait a minute....The expansion only has one new strike and one new raid....That's it???
2 strikes on ps4, 3 new crucible maps, new legendaries and exotics, and some kind of story expansion with an NPC in the tower. still pretty skinny for 20 bucks.

Ecto311

So, have any of my XB1 brethren gotten up in arms about getting lesser DLC? I get the exclusive content for the main game, but getting less DLC is kind of absurd. The excluded stuff probably already lives on my hard drive. One strike and one raid for 20 bucks? Oh, I guess there is the story to look forward to....

Yeah looking to trade this bullshit in or sell it. What other content are we going to have to pay the same for and get less? Has this kind of thing been done before since most of the time I am on the winning side of the exclusives. I don't recall anything this shitty before. I feel like destiny might be a good value in a year when its a lot more fleshed out and all the expands come with it in their full versions.

Late to the party, but holy shit the new DLC is like 2 hours of non-raid content? I now realise why they packaged the DLC with the collectors/limited editions, because at least someone will play it..
2 hours is relative for me with this game. Considering I've already done 132 hours with the main game and haven't gotten bored. I recon the expansion will have value for me much more than a couple hours.

ocean

Banned
You can't have anyone leave the fireteam or even have a disconnection at any point during the raid or else you have to start over. All Fireteam members must load into the raid together and run it from start to finish (Atheon dies) with no deaths. There are no checkpoints for flawless, you can't switch characters or even go to the Tower for more ammo. Hope this helps.
It does help, thank you. I didn't know leaving for ammo purchases would disqualify for instance. Not that I've ever done that during the raid but it might have seemed like a good idea to stock up on purples for instance. Now I know!

Looking to run raids of any sort. I have to run the normal on my level 27 warlock and hard on my level 30 hunters. PS4: SharkJAW

I'm at work and can't friend people right now, but if you can add me I'll be trying to do all of the above tonight. I have a 29 Hunter that I want to run through normal or hard (not a lot of hard experience), and a lesser Titan that needs to try a normal run.

PSN: PrivateWHudson

If you two want to do normal or hard I can try to get a group together. I need to get my hunter alt 1 more level if we do normal but that shouldn't take long.

Hoodbury

You got it. Tomorrow at 9! Please post your PSN id for me to put down.

Newb-centric raid tomorrow, Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern
1. patroclos
2. colonel
3. ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. Hoodbury
6. TheTylerDurden

Thank you, I'll toss you in as an alt. :) Sorry you just missed the last slot.

Um, don't you need a spot?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Um, don't you need a spot?
Oh I did that didn't I...

nahhhhh just gonna send you noobs in with no guidance, was that not what you wanted? i planned to stream it on twitch too.

whooooooooooooooops. Sorry Tyler, I have to move you to first alt XD

Namikaze1

Even if I survived the platforms, we would have wiped anyway during the Athean fight since only one person got teleported and we ended up dying.

Oh I did that didn't I...

nahhhhh just gonna send you noobs in with no guidance, was that not what you wanted? i planned to stream it on twitch too.

whooooooooooooooops. Sorry Tyler, I have to move you to first alt XD

Just SharePlay for one of them. :p

Even if I survived the platforms, we would have wiped anyway during the Athean fight since only one person got teleported and we ended up dying.

I experienced that glitch last night. Bungie doesn't want anyone else getting flawless. :p

LiK

Flawless denied cuz of lag at platforming for Namikaze. We made it through no problem. Random teleport wasn't a problem when it was all 3 of us. The first time he only teleported figs which was too late for us to go in to save her.

Bungie, fix your shit.

Cruxist

Looking for 3 people for a normal raid. Send me a message if you want in. We have no warlocks right now, so that would be awesome.

PSN: progame13

From the other thread. Looking for 2 for normal. We're all experienced, but just using our alts so figured we'd rock normal.

Namikaze1

Flawless denied cuz of lag at platforming for Namikaze. We made it through no problem. Random teleport wasn't a problem when it was all 3 of us. The first time he only teleported figs which was too late for us to go in to save her.

Bungie, fix your shit.
Shit seemed normal for me till the fourth platform. Once it disappeared, I noticed the one that was supposed to spawn next didn't spawn. Instead it was the 2nd one after the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom