• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
For some reason, the devil walker or warsat always have a bunch of people, and those are the ones I can do on my own. The kill the target always pops up when it's an empty area and it really is impossible unless you have a gjallihorn. His shields regen faster than I can reload. I think it may be that the target guy spawns in the extra boring areas that don't overlap story missions and have bad chest loops.

Yeh it's brilliant game balancing when we can destroy a tank and a small army by ourselves but this one Minotaur just always fucks my shit up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just say it man. We're all cool here.
haha, I just think it sounds sort of dismissive to... well, us, as some of the most vocal and active participants in a very large community, and I've inadvertently offended people before :(

It would also be a bit of a derail, I think, and I do so try to stay on target in here XD
You just convinced me to finish the PI bounty that I've had taking up a slot for the last two weeks. Nightfall - Here I come!
INPlh6a.gif

do not be discouraged by its mundane nature before the title upgrade.

Temidien

Neo Member
Sigh, Destiny needs to do something to keep me for next week. I am literally sitting on my couch browsing the internet with my PS4 and TV off. I am debating doing the paper I have due tomorrow (university) to avoid playing Destiny. .

Once I've accomplished my short term goals of hitting 30 (just need one raid piece) and getting my alt to 29 for HM, I'm hoping to shift focus to actively helping new players with content. I'll continue to do weeklies/dailies/chest-grinds to work on my long-term goals, but the children are our future and once I've squeezed the last of the "Holy crap, that's awesome!" moments from the game, I'd like to help them have theirs.

Join me in the Light, Guardian.

dengatron

But if by having this new raid set for lvl 32 it pretty much makes all current gear worthless for PvE. But if by doing these story missions you can get items to boost current gear then great, i can work with that. but having a set of legendaries that are better than all current exotics makes exotics not exotics and fragments the legendaries further. I think they should label/color the raid items differently to better differentiate them anyways, but whatever.

that's the way mmos usually work though, and if they're giving you the light through story missions it solves the problem of "new gear, old gear worhtless" but it also adds a new problem of "what the fuck's the point of the new gear?" and it doesn't immediately invalidate all old gear, you'll still want to run VoG for the first few weeks of the new raid, especially if you're not 30 yet, but, once you're raiding, all current gear outside of exotics and raid legendaries are already worthless, except for their passives in pvp, right? it's a lose lose situation, but the smarter goal is to keep people on the gear treadmill chasing that carrot that is the new raid gear instead of passively giving them boosts that everyone gets just from story missions, at least from a business standpoint.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sigh, Destiny needs to do something to keep me for next week. I am literally sitting on my couch browsing the internet with my PS4 and TV off. I am debating doing the paper I have due tomorrow (university) to avoid playing Destiny. .
lol. dude. do your paper.
Never thought of burning a synth pack to do it. It usually takes me a while of failing at something before I even remember that I have them.
oooh, man they're awesome, you should use them on the regular! Think about it- if you walk into a boss room with full heavy ammo and synth off cooldown... you blow all your ammo and then pop it and immediately fire off a second barrage. You can seriously cut down on boss kill times with heavy ammo synth, I love it so dearly. <3

Patroclos

Banned
Just say it man. We're all cool here.

I'll take a crack. A game like this is designed on a bell curve. Gaffers in general and people in this topic in particular are the right side of the curve. The guy who works sixty hours a week and plays for one is on the left. The game has to be designed around the players in the middle of the curve.

That guy who plays an hour a week will never get to 30 while many here hit it very early. I would assume that the game is designed so that the biggest portion of the curve will hit upper levels about when the expansion comes out.

The amount of content it would take to satisfy the hardcore would be immense and the majority of players would never be able to even come close to seeing it. Conversely, if the game was built around the one hour a week guy most people would have nothing to do now. It's all about hitting the sweet spot where the majority of players reside.

The argument about losing the hardcore base is somewhat relevant but if they are indeed hardcore and that into the game they will just drop it and come back for the new content.

That's just my theory. Don't shoot me guys...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okayyyy, two raid rosters, one with two spots up for grabs so speak up if you want one for tomorrow:

My static group, tonight, 9:00PM Eastern
1. NarcissisticJay
2. wins1991
3. Union Carbine
4. Palom12
5. Hawkian
6. Squall ASF

If you cannot make it, please PM me or make sure I know asap so I can tap one of our lucky alts!

--

Newb-centric raid, lotsa teaching and role-swapping and hyper-casual atmosphere... just make sure to listen ;) Tomorrow, 10/30, 9:00PM Eastern
1. Patroclos
2. ColonelOCorn
3. Ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. You...?
6. You...?

Tovarisc

Got hard VoG cleared thanks to helpful men from GAF.

Got;

A lots of ass
Atheon's Epilogue
8th Timebreaker
2nd Gjallahorn
[read: 2x energy]

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/75635541/0/0

"The current "fix" to the Atheon VoG fight is contradictory to the established Lore of VoG.

According to the Lore, the Vex are trying to rewrite the laws of time/space. The Gorgons and Oracles are the Vex processing nodes that handle the rewriting of the laws of Time/Space. Kabr smashed the crap out of a Gorgon, and subverted the it's processing core so that he could use it's ability to rewrite the laws of Time/Space to fight the Vex. This Gorgon core is the relic.

Thus, during the Atheon fight, Atheon is trying to hide the relic from the players by sending it into the future & past. However the Relic itself is fighting this, which is why the players also get teleported back/forward in time along with the relic.

Oracles then show up to try and write the players near the "hidden" relic out of Time/Space which is why you kill them (to stop them).

Given the lore, it makes no sense that Atheon would send random people back/forward in time. Atheon doesn't want to send ANYONE back/forward in time, just the relic. The reason why players get sent back/forward in time along [with the] relic is that the relic itself is a Time/Space Rewriting processing node and is interfering with Atheon.

Either way, it makes absolutely zero sense why random players would be sent back/forward in time. The most sense is proximity to the Relic, the second thing would be Proximity to Atheon. The least sense is random.
"

Okayyyy, two raid rosters, one with two spots up for grabs so speak up if you want one for tomorrow:

My static group, tonight, 9:00PM Eastern
1. NarcissisticJay
2. wins1991
3. Union Carbine
4. Palom12
5. Hawkian
6. Squall ASF

If you cannot make it, please PM me or make sure I know asap so I can tap one of our lucky alts!

--

Newb-centric raid, lotsa teaching and role-swapping and hyper-casual atmosphere... just make sure to listen ;) Tomorrow, 10/30, 9:00PM Eastern
1. Patroclos
2. ColonelOCorn
3. Ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. You...?
6. You...?

If someone can't make it tonight can I join? Doing my paper now homie.

Stubo

Anyone running hard raid on Xbox One right now?

Failing that (...sigh) does anyone have an oracles checkpoint since my party is having strange issues with it this week for some reason :/

"The current "fix" to the Atheon VoG fight is contradictory to the established Lore of VoG.

According to the Lore, the Vex are trying to rewrite the laws of time/space. The Gorgons and Oracles are the Vex processing nodes that handle the rewriting of the laws of Time/Space. Kabr smashed the crap out of a Gorgon, and subverted the it's processing core so that he could use it's ability to rewrite the laws of Time/Space to fight the Vex. This Gorgon core is the relic.

Thus, during the Atheon fight, Atheon is trying to hide the relic from the players by sending it into the future & past. However the Relic itself is fighting this, which is why the players also get teleported back/forward in time along with the relic.

Oracles then show up to try and write the players near the "hidden" relic out of Time/Space which is why you kill them (to stop them).

Given the lore, it makes no sense that Atheon would send random people back/forward in time. Atheon doesn't want to send ANYONE back/forward in time, just the relic. The reason why players get sent back/forward in time along [with the] relic is that the relic itself is a Time/Space Rewriting processing node and is interfering with Atheon.

Either way, it makes absolutely zero sense why random players would be sent back/forward in time. The most sense is proximity to the Relic, the second thing would be Proximity to Atheon. The least sense is random.
"

well well well

RNGesus won't be happy with any of this

milkham

"

kabr didn't have time to debug his code

Shiv47

After about 90 hours of the game, I've just run into a fatigue wall with playing it. I was doing the weekly strike solo last night, trying to cheese it, and got killed for a second time at the boss, and quit to orbit. I thought about doing some missions or whatever, and just had this overwhelming lack of interest with all of it. I've gotten my money's worth, at least.

Hoodbury

--

1. Patroclos
2. ColonelOCorn
3. Ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. You...?
6. You...?

Sign me up for the newbie one please. PSN: Hoodbury.

I've completed the raid twice but just following around like a helpless little bunny for the most part. Plus I have Friday off from work so I can stay up late too.

Jaeyden

Just got my third raid Chestpiece to go along with my 3 pairs of raid boots, 3 VoC, 3 Corrective measure and 2 Mythoclasts. Still not a single pair of gloves or helmet. This fucking game man, this fucking game.

Seriously, get off GAF and get your paper done, or you are gonna regret it tomorrow.

Thanks for the concern but a 2 page paper, as a senior with a job lined up for next year have given me real senioritis. I can knock out a paper in 45 minutes, I just have to read the material.

Waiting for dinner to warm up so I can have more energy though, think I might have the flu and I've been just sneezing and feeling crappy all day.

Deku Tree

Just got my third raid Chestpiece to go along with my 3 pairs of raid boots, 3 VoC, 3 Corrective measure and 2 Mythoclasts. Still not a single pair of gloves or helmet. This fucking game man, this fucking game.

I got two chest pieces and two gloves but no boots and no helmet.
I'm ok with it now. I can do everything in the game at level 29.
I'm just gonna do the normal raid for fun.
Not gonna grind hoping for all the best gear anymore.
My guardian is already extremely lethal.

NeOak

1. Patroclos
2. ColonelOCorn
3. Ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. You...?
6. You...?

If you do one on a Friday night, i'll go and bring a friend. Unfortunately on Thursdays I don't get home until 9:30pm at the earliest, maybe at 10PM, so I can't ;-;

*Splinter

"
That last paragraph is a huge stretch though... Why isn't it logical for random players to be teleported? Because relics have feelings too?

phen0m24

Once I've accomplished my short term goals of hitting 30 (just need one raid piece) and getting my alt to 29 for HM, I'm hoping to shift focus to actively helping new players with content. I'll continue to do weeklies/dailies/chest-grinds to work on my long-term goals, but the children are our future and once I've squeezed the last of the "Holy crap, that's awesome!" moments from the game, I'd like to help them have theirs.

Join me in the Light, Guardian.

This post was inspiring.

Thanks for the concern but a 2 page paper, as a senior with a job lined up for next year have given me real senioritis. I can knock out a paper in 45 minutes, I just have to read the material.

Waiting for dinner to warm up so I can have more energy though, think I might have the flu and I've been just sneezing and feeling crappy all day.
You could read the material, or just farm it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom