• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

I have 200 crucible marks. What should I buy?

I want a weapon. I have over 60 shards and ass energy, so no need to buy amour to dismantle it.

60 shards might not be a whole lot if you eve roll an alt. But maybe I have trouble counting. How many shards a legendary piece needs?

ah but you're at the cap. I dunno man I dont spend my marks on guns cause the game has been great at giving me all those. I got almost every gun I could want except gallahorn & hawkmoon

Temidien

Neo Member
Agreed. He's also great to play with, he's on my friends list. He'll be good at it, too. Add him.

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

dengatron

Hawkian is planning on using share play to sherpa new groups through the raid. That's why he didn't leave himself a spot. Gotta use those new features.

Mattiator

I'm still hell-bent on getting it done tonight with Matt, cyborg, and whoever else is going to be around. But obviously I will still help you guys regardless of whether or not I've gotten it by then. Same goes for anyone else on any of the squads I've run with: Dhruv, Lik, Afro, Steroyd, ruthlesbarbarian, kopyasu, Kartik21 (even w/o a mic, lol), et. al. Or any other team that wants to benefit from our enormous suffering and hard-earned wisdom. Flawless Raid Guides, Inc.

I probably take this shit too seriously but it's important to me to never let my teammates down on these runs. Helping people and working together is the heart of the experience. Focusing on that helps all the flaws and RNG-BS to just roll off your back.

That's why your awesome we will do it tonight and I'm in the same boat willing to help anyone as long as my wife doesn't murder me.

Patroclos

Banned
The 1st upgrade lowers its rate of fire, I like having it upgraded for pve, im just gnna test if the rate of fire makes difference.

You pretty much have to take it if you want the other upgrades. You won't get extra damage and healing, stability, damage, etc. if not. I saw someone else had done a study and as I recall the difference was small. You have 2 though so wtf. :)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Need 2 more for Normal Raid, be at least 27 and experienced please.

PSN: ultrajari, add me.

Finally got another Raid piece (Hunter arm). Gatekeeper drops the Raid chest, correct? And during Atheon, he did teleport only two people at one point, but I managed to use the portal to help destroy the oracles.

As for weapon rewards, I did get Found Verdict during the Templar sequence. Noticed it has an oracle damage modifier. Who in their right mind would use that gun to destroy oracles?

Finally finished the Raid for the first time ever. It was alright. The first run we did was hard and we had one guy barking orders to everyone when we were trying to fight the first phase of the Templar and when we told him his ideas weren't working, he just sat on the floor for about two minutes not helping anymore, then quit cos he felt we weren't executing his ideas well enough. Screw you guy whoever you are. 3 people quit after that and we had to go search for 3 other people and decided to play it on normal instead.

The biggest hang up was the Atheon fight because we were just shouting over each other trying to figure out who got teleported. After playing it, I kinda don't care for the random teleport cos we had a guy that liked using the relic and another guy that had Atheon's epilogue. They never got teleported so the rest of us were just scrambling. Didn't really like that at all.

After playing the Raid it makes the main game especially Strikes worse off than they actually are. It's not like the Raid is some amazing content but the fact that nothing in the Strikes teach you about it is baffling. The Relic/Cleanse mechanic is the particular one that sticks out to me.

All in all it was fun and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

I got 5x Energy, 4 Shards, Chatterwhite and Praedyth's Revenge. I have no idea how people keep playing this every week and not get the loot they want cos I played this once and I'm already freaking pissed that's all I got. Shaders, vehicles and ships should not take a place of a weapon or armor, it's freaking stupid.

Ran my friend through the raid for the first time, it was my 3rd or 4th. He got three pieces of raid gear and I completed another run of getting nothing but shards.
I blame everyone.

Just dinged level 29 and I never touched the raid. When the expansion comes out, will I be able to get to 31 or is nothing but raid gear the only way to get past 29?

Holy shit the dead orbit fusion rifle is ridiculous in the crucible. This guy just got like 25 kills with it in 3 minutes.
Also, the range on that thing.

dm64p.gif

jay23

Axion bolt grenade might be my most hated thing in PvP now. It's extremely annoying especially if they're using voidfang chest.

I'm up for a raid later on tonight if you're starting one up. Like 11pm central or so.

Also, Nightfall was a complete disappointment for me. 8 strange coins. Not 9. But 8.

EIGHT.

:(

If you guys are still running VoG at 11 I might be able to jump in if you need an extra body. Only run it twice (cheesed once) but i've got enough gear to be a level 30 Sunsinger.

ReNeGaDe124

Managed to beat Atheon on Hard post-patch with my team. We did it even though we encountered some difficulties along the way: one teammate died during the fight and the second teleport bugged and sent only 2 people (I had to go through the portal to help them out).

Here's the video, hope you enjoy watching it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzaE0tyy-k

I also died like a total noob at the end. :D

Dante316

You pretty much have to take it if you want the other upgrades. You won't get extra damage and healing, stability, damage, etc. if not. I saw someone else had done a study and as I recall the difference was small. You have 2 though so wtf. :)

Yea true :) I had duplicate of a raid gun too, a rocket launcher but had to delete it for energy, sigh, having duplicates can be good for alts.

Nightfall anyone? Psn is Agent_Tiro

No headset at min and need it doing in under 50 mins as I'm then off to work

Edit - westonian fr sent

J-Rzez

The loot system in this game needs to be less like "dumb loot" from D3 and more like "less dumb loot 2.0" from Diablo 3. It is infuriating. I don't need any more sniper rifles, seriously, stop game stop. I've only used pistols for weeks and my gear is catered to them. Drop me a Fucking exotic handcannon already Damn...

That said. This week's nightfall bestoyed upon me a Midas Multi Tool though, and seems ok for pve, but did it absolutely suck balls in Crucible. The time it takes to drop someone with all headshots from this thing at range if they have an AR you are dead. Maybe it'll get better when maxed but right now it sucks. 50-ish dmg a crit is lame. I'll stick to my Fixer and have a chance against ARs thanks.

My other toon got another sniper.... Fuck this noise.

Between this lame ass broken PoS loot system, bungle not fixing bugs but instead focusing on ruining fun, and finally absolutely refusing to balance weapons right, the game is just not fun anymore. People are still artificially limited to 28/29 because of the horrible loot system.

Finally reading thiese dlc packs content being really light on content, I'm thinking about getting the new CoD to play as my shooter fix. When I'm contemplating buying a CoD game instead of playing a bungie game, these devs better know they done fucked up.

TURBO1112

Have lost count on many times I have beaten raid on normal/hard now. Still only 1 piece of raid armor. Not even mad anymore. I have accepted life as a 29. #Forever29

RNGesus has been good to me today and yesterday. Got The Last Word from doing a Vanguard Tiger strike and a Universal Remote from a legendary engram.
Yesterday I got a Hunter exotic gauntlet from a legendary engram also, and a raid boot for my Titan.

RNGesus can be good, praise RNGesus.

Need 4 more to finish Atheon (checkpoint at him) on normal raid on PS4.
Experience a must, L27+ a plus, just want to finish him today so I can get this raid out of my way. :)

Add me on PSN if interested: bownser88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom