• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/75635541/0/0

"The current "fix" to the Atheon VoG fight is contradictory to the established Lore of VoG.

According to the Lore, the Vex are trying to rewrite the laws of time/space. The Gorgons and Oracles are the Vex processing nodes that handle the rewriting of the laws of Time/Space. Kabr smashed the crap out of a Gorgon, and subverted the it's processing core so that he could use it's ability to rewrite the laws of Time/Space to fight the Vex. This Gorgon core is the relic.

Thus, during the Atheon fight, Atheon is trying to hide the relic from the players by sending it into the future & past. However the Relic itself is fighting this, which is why the players also get teleported back/forward in time along with the relic.

Oracles then show up to try and write the players near the "hidden" relic out of Time/Space which is why you kill them (to stop them).

Given the lore, it makes no sense that Atheon would send random people back/forward in time. Atheon doesn't want to send ANYONE back/forward in time, just the relic. The reason why players get sent back/forward in time along [with the] relic is that the relic itself is a Time/Space Rewriting processing node and is interfering with Atheon.

Either way, it makes absolutely zero sense why random players would be sent back/forward in time. The most sense is proximity to the Relic, the second thing would be Proximity to Atheon. The least sense is random.
"

Nvm, after rereading it makes sense.

hard raid starting soon.

namikaze
afro
fig
todd
lik
yours truly

rule 1. NO CHEESE
rule 2. NO BAD JUJU
rule 3. FIG MUST BE RUN OVER WITH SPARROW AT LEAST ONCE

say something if you can't come.

X-Frame

Sign me up for the newbie one please. PSN: Hoodbury.

I've completed the raid twice but just following around like a helpless little bunny for the most part. Plus I have Friday off from work so I can stay up late too.

You were kicking some Praetorian ass while dodging Hobgoblin plasma fire for a lot of it! Apparently, Praetorian duty should have 2 people -- oops, haha.

Namikaze1

hard raid starting soon.

namikaze
afro
fig
todd
lik
yours truly

rule 1. NO CHEESE
rule 2. NO BAD JUJU
rule 3. FIG MUST BE RUN OVER WITH SPARROW AT LEAST ONCE

say something if you can't come.
I can do rule 2 and 3. Can't make any promises on #1 though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
God, I love homemade empanadas. I'm stuffed and ready to roll out. Time to raid.
mmmm empanadas.
Sign me up for the newbie one please. PSN: Hoodbury.

I've completed the raid twice but just following around like a helpless little bunny for the most part. Plus I have Friday off from work so I can stay up late too.
You're in.

Newb-centric raid tomorrow, Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern
1. patroclos
2. colonel
3. ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. Hoodbury
6. Up for grabs!

NeOak

Nvm, after rereading it makes sense.

The forums are pure gold:

Has anyone else noticed the new Strike Modifier?

I got it today while playing the Daily Heroic. It's called "Random Disconnect". It's similar to Night Fall but you don't need to die first. It just sends you into orbit during random times of the strike. It's pretty challenging. I heard a rumor that they are beta testing this in Crucible as well.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/75550698/0/0

someday

Banned
mmmm empanadas.

You're in.

1. patroclos
2. colonel
3. ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. Hoodbury
6. Up for grabs!

I'd love to join if the spot is still open! I've never done it (I got drafted to help a PUG at the last stage but it was chaos and I didn't stay long). I'm a level 29 Titan.

Edit, or please just keep me in mind if someone bails. I'm planning on skipping class tomorrow night so I know I'll be around.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can I have the last spot? I need learning
You got it. Tomorrow at 9! Please post your PSN id for me to put down.

1. patroclos
2. colonel
3. ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. Hoodbury
6. TheTylerDurden
I'd love to join if the spot is still open! I've never done it (I got drafted to help a PUG at the last stage but it was chaos and I didn't stay long). I'm a level 29 Titan.

Edit, or please just keep me in mind if someone bails. I'm planning on skipping class tomorrow night so I know I'll be around.
Thank you, I'll toss you in as an alt. :) Sorry you just missed the last slot.

I'll take a crack. A game like this is designed on a bell curve. Gaffers in general and people in this topic in particular are the right side of the curve. The guy who works sixty hours a week and plays for one is on the left. The game has to be designed around the players in the middle of the curve.

That guy who plays an hour a week will never get to 30 while many here hit it very early. I would assume that the game is designed so that the biggest portion of the curve will hit upper levels about when the expansion comes out.

The amount of content it would take to satisfy the hardcore would be immense and the majority of players would never be able to even come close to seeing it. Conversely, if the game was built around the one hour a week guy most people would have nothing to do now. It's all about hitting the sweet spot where the majority of players reside.

The argument about losing the hardcore base is somewhat relevant but if they are indeed hardcore and that into the game they will just drop it and come back for the new content.

That's just my theory. Don't shoot me guys...

That's most likely dead on accurate to what the plan is, and to an extent I agree. However, farming relic Iron is boring as hell whether you do it an hour a week for six weeks or six hours in one day. I don't even think content such as a new weapon everyday would satisfy, but with the foundation they have, they could do so much better.

Have a VIP target somewhere in the game each day who is carrying a stash of relic iron and you have to go find him. No markers, maybe just a hint as to which direction to start heading.

Maybe make it so there is a sniper hobgoblin that has a bounty to kill you and you don't know when or where he'll pop up. They don't need to have artists working OT to add content, just mix up what is already there.

It would help keep the base happy, and I'm sure the casuals would get a kick out of it as well.

SkylineRKR

Man, this Raid is a bug fest right now. 4 guys got warped. Then 2. Lots of other shitty things happened too.

We played Normal. Got a Corrective Measure out of it though. But 2 friends got Patience and Time and Vision of Confluence. Well, last week I got Mythoclast so there.

someday

Banned
I gotta say, today was amazing for me on Destiny. I did the daily level 28, did the nightfall with a group and got The Last Word, completed all the bounties plus another step in my 7th exotic bounty (for Invective), then did the weekly level 28 alone. I leveled up Vanguard and Rahool but didn't really get anything great from that but still.

I now have a 29 Titan, 27 Hunter that I'm not going to buy any gear for but am going to wait and see how RNG works for her. So far she still has rare boots. And I got my Warlock to 23 last night just by adding the stuff I had in the vault for him.

This game is a ton of fun to me even with its faults.

You got it. Tomorrow at 9! Please post your PSN id for me to put down.

1. patroclos
2. colonel
3. ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. Hoodbury
6. TheTylerDurden

Thank you, I'll toss you in as an alt. :) Sorry you just missed the last slot.

Thanks Hawk! I'll watch football and check gaf just in case tomorrow evening. Please add me anyway. I'll be on your friend's list for the future. PSN- someday

Deku Tree

That's most likely dead on accurate to what the plan is, and to an extent I agree. However, farming relic Iron is boring as hell whether you do it an hour a week for six weeks or six hours in one day. I don't even think content such as a new weapon everyday would satisfy, but with the foundation they have, they could do so much better.

Have a VIP target somewhere in the game each day who is carrying a stash of relic iron and you have to go find him. No markers, maybe just a hint as to which direction to start heading.

Maybe make it so there is a sniper hobgoblin that has a bounty to kill you and you don't know when or where he'll pop up. They don't need to have artists working OT to add content, just mix up what is already there.

It would help keep the base happy, and I'm sure the casuals would get a kick out of it as well.

Thats a really good idea.
I wish there was some fps way to get upgrade materials... Farming is terrible in an FPS.
Who told me I was buying animal crossing?

ocean

Banned
I can accommodate that request. I could roll my level 26/27 Titan and we could laugh at each other. I still don't know how to jump with her.

I would bring my good guns though.
I feel you. Half my Crucible deaths on my Warlock are misadventures; I'll never get used to their jump. I only like it during the Raid because it's buttery smooth floating.

Lord High Fixer or 77 Wizard would be more two picks.

I already have Thorn, The Last Word and Timurs Lash, so I don't know in which situations I would use Lord High Fixer.

Is invisible hand any good?
I don't have a full auto comedian and the fire rate of normal comedia is way to slow for my liking, Invisible hand seems to be faster, but range and stability are shit.

Zoidberg

Late to the party, but holy shit the new DLC is like 2 hours of non-raid content? I now realise why they packaged the DLC with the collectors/limited editions, because at least someone will play it..

RPG

However, farming relic Iron is boring as hell whether you do it an hour a week for six weeks or six hours in one day. I don't even think content such as a new weapon everyday would satisfy, but with the foundation they have, they could do so much better.

They already have bounties with special targets. Why they don't append a material drop to them doesn't make any sense. Or even to the rare enemy encounters. +25 glimmer doesn't do anything for me because I can't (or don't want to) buy anything with it. Give me 2-3 materials per rare enemy? Sure, that's at least different.

I'm looking to run either hard raid with my 29 Titan or normal raid with my alt hunter tonight. PSN is same as gaf. I have plenty of experience (including flawless).

Thats a really good idea.
I wish there was some fps way to get upgrade materials... Farming is terrible in an FPS.
Who told me I was buying animal crossing?

Thanks, I have a bunch of them.

They already have bounties with special targets. Why they don't append a material drop to them doesn't make any sense. Or even to the rare enemy encounters. +25 glimmer doesn't do anything for me because I can't (or don't want to) buy anything with it. Give me 2-3 materials per rare enemy? Sure, that's at least different.

But I hate the fact that you have to go into a story to do it. I want to explore the "open world" that they created, but every tool they give us makes things feel completely on rails. Even the chest and node farming is set up in little arena like pockets. I want a reason to go off the beaten path. Maybe I'm crazy, but it would even be nice to have small enemy encounters in the loading zone hallways.

Sofa King

So, have any of my XB1 brethren gotten up in arms about getting lesser DLC? I get the exclusive content for the main game, but getting less DLC is kind of absurd. The excluded stuff probably already lives on my hard drive. One strike and one raid for 20 bucks? Oh, I guess there is the story to look forward to....

darthbob

So, have any of my XB1 brethren gotten up in arms about getting lesser DLC? I get the exclusive content for the main game, but getting less DLC is kind of absurd. The excluded stuff probably already lives on my hard drive. One strike and one raid for 20 bucks? Oh, I guess there is the story to look forward to....

Hell I'm on PS4 and I'm pissed off about it.

SharkJAW

Looking to run raids of any sort. I have to run the normal on my level 27 warlock and hard on my level 30 hunters. PS4: SharkJAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom