• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

I love Nexus. Is it wrong that I stand atop the rear arch to avoid the adds?

With void burn on this week I just stayed up on the cliff and killed the Minotaur whenever it spawned.

You can also apparently skip the servitor encounter by jumping through the window in the exit hallway, which sounds hilarious.

Straid

So, i leveled up the cryptarch and he gave me the Plan C as reward, is it any good? From the stats it doesn't look that great.

I have no clue how some of you find it boring/tedious, I enjoy it
Shit I do it efficiently and maximize a lot of things at once

I used to complain about armor materials for my alts, but that has subsided due to material farming

I patrol + bounty then just go to the area where the bounties will be maximized
Seriously I have 3 characters who always hit 100 Vanguard marks and 50+ on crucible, I don't even PvP anymore

My Warlock has all factions to 3, Vanguard and Crucible now slowly climbing to 5+
My Hunter has 2 Factions done to 3, Vanguard Rank 3, last faction is 2.5 at the moment, Crucible @1.5
My Titan has 1 faction @3, Vanguard Rank 3, 2nd faction is @2.5, Crucible @Rank 1

Those chest/node loops/routes do have a meaning behind them
I mean 1 hour a day for 7 days and you'd be flushed with materials + rep + mark + glimmer + engrams + armor material + ship

You sound like an insane man. I'm glad you personally enjoy running around for a minimum of 7 hours a week playing the most eleborate drawn out version of whack a mole I've ever heard of but don't expect us sane people to join you. Some of us like to play things that have some degree of difficulty. I've accrued a bunch of gear playing things I enjoy but now I'm forced to go play several fucking hours of shit I thoroughly loathe. There should be alternate means of gathering materials end of discussion.

nowai

So, i leveled up the cryptarch and he gave me the Plan C as reward, is it any good? From the stats it doesn't look that great.

It's fantastic for pvp! Fast swap to it and the first shot is insta-charge.

It's wonderful for melting pesky bladedancers.

DesertFox

With void burn on this week I just stayed up on the cliff and killed the Minotaur whenever it spawned.

You can also apparently skip the servitor encounter by jumping through the window in the exit hallway, which sounds hilarious.
Lol didn't know this but I have noticed the window. I'll try this at some point.

ocean

Banned
Mars/Venus makes sense I guess. Following that logic Jungle/desert should work as well though I've never been in a group that uses it. I think the best way to do it is, by far, left/right. Totally unambiguous.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
But I fucking doooooo, I've got a bunch of weapon maxed out on xp, all of my alts could hit 29 but I need so many materials. I'm not making any progress without grinding those. Just visiting the moon for 15 minutes once a week doesn't make a dent.

Bullshit
In 15 minutes you can at least have 30+ mats easily

Only 1 that is truly rough is Iron Relic

In 1 hour

Spinmetal - 165-175+
Helium - 150-165+
Spirit Bloom - 130-155+
Iron Relic - 100 - 120+

Only thing that can fuck you is 2+ farmers also, best is to BTO (back to orbit), come back in
Repeat until you see another farmer or two, seriously, I farm so efficiently that others just tag along on my route, cause they send me messages afterwards going, half of those I didn't know spawn there and damn thanks for waiting and letting me follow

I showed 50+ GAFfers here routes and farming and always to maximize patrols

Hell if you have a buddy, bring them along also, you can shoot the shit doing loops
I love when I have company, shit goes faster, Patrols are done quicker, refresh quicker
Have a full fireteam, and it's just insane how fast shits gets done

I love to talk and most GAFfers who have played with me know I try to keep it lively and fun, but also and out info like a snitch just so it can be passed out more

Mars/Venus makes sense I guess. Following that logic Jungle/desert should work as well though I've never been in a group that uses it. I think the best way to do it is, by far, left/right. Totally unambiguous.

left right is better for established groups but first timers will recognize them by scenery before relative location.

Radar, y'all.

Ultimately, this.

But in the chaos of the raid, especially with the random teleporting, it is hard to get people to remember to check their radar since they are either in shock that they did/did not get teleported.

People need to be told what to do. "It's the unspoken truth of humanity"

Gjallarhorn replica. So want.

2aEQCSx.jpg

That is awesome!

Ambitious

Just finished the Crucible part for the Thorn bounty the second time. Took me eight matches and about 90min. If I hadn't screwed up so much in the last few matches, I could maybe have finished it in an hour.
Anyway, time for Xyor again..

Bullshit

In 1 hour

Spinmetal - 165-175+
Helium - 150-165+
Spirit Bloom - 130-155+
Iron Relic - 100 - 120+

Only thing that can fuck you is 2+ farmers also, best is to BTO (back to orbit), come back in
Repeat until you see another farmer or two, seriously, I farm so efficiently that others just tag along on my route, cause they send me messages afterwards going, half of those I didn't know spawn there and damn thanks for waiting and letting me follow

Hell if you have a buddy, bring them along also, you can shoot the shit doing loops
I love when I have company, shit goes faster, Patrols are done quicker, refresh quicker

I love to talk and most GAFfers who have played with me know I try to keep it lively and fun, but also and out info like a snitch just so it can be passed out more

Shoot me an invite next time you're farming relic iron, that's the only one I don't like farming. Rest I can do 150/hour no issues.

Grimsen

Bullshit

In 1 hour

Spinmetal - 165-175+
Helium - 150-165+
Spirit Bloom - 130-155+
Iron Relic - 100 - 120+

You seem to like to maximize things. You should make videos, to maximize the information spread. :D

Bullshit

In 1 hour

Spinmetal - 165-175+
Helium - 150-165+
Spirit Bloom - 130-155
Iron Relic - 100 - 120

Yeah I can get those numbers too, I still don't enjoy it at all. And being forced to engage in this content is annoying. Furthermore I don't need 30+ relic iron. I need 128 to max out the gear I currently need to put things into. To add onto that I need 100 something spinmetals and no more spirit bloom because I spent 2 hours farming that yesterday.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Faster to say? Because of one less syllable? By that logic "left/right" would be the easiest.

I didn't say it was puzzling, said it was moronic. If you can equate "Mars" to "Left", you can equate any other word to "Left". Simple association, regardless of the word used. Not saying "past" and "future" should be the terms used. Just saying you aren't on Mars when you are teleported so it isn't accurate and for some reason it bothers me. I admit it is petty and splitting hairs.

Left/right is the best and most obvious thing to call it. Calling it anything else just making things more complicated than it needs to be.

Just finished the Crucible part for the Thorn bounty the second time. Took me eight matches and about 90min. If I hadn't screwed up so much in the last few matches, I could maybe have finished it in an hour.
Anyway, time for Xyor again..

What's your strategy? I'm on 102/500 after 3 matches.

I'm using epilogue/revenge/corrective on big maps and void fusion rifle on smaller maps, playing Clash.

GraveRobberX

You seem to like to maximize things. You should make videos, to maximize the information spread.

Wish I had the capability, best I can do is just show people

People miss so many chests it's hilarious
They bypass so many nodes that even if I shoot half a clip to let them know like hey you, yeah you that's trying to farm, look node or chest

Some players pick up on what I'm doing with my gun, understand and then are gracious enough to wait, I do the same for areas they miss

It's that youtube videos do show an overall picture, but they don't hit every point

ocean

Banned
What's your strategy? I'm on 102/500 after 3 matches.

I'm using epilogue/revenge/corrective on big maps and void fusion rifle on smaller maps, playing Clash.

What class are you? I used my Defender's grenades very effectively for this bounty. Magnetic grenade attaches to target and is a guaranteed kill. Voidwalkers have even more options naturally.

I used Atheon's Epilogue, a void Light/Beware and a void Zombie Apocalypse and got it done in a few matches. Just play it safe! I chose Control since it allowed me to better plan for enemy locations.

They bypass so many nodes that even if I shoot half a clip to let them know like hey you, yeah you that's trying to farm, look node or chest

Some players pick up on what I'm doing with my gun, understand and then are gracious enough to wait, I do the same for areas they miss

It's that youtube videos do show an overall picture, but they don't hit every point

Dude you make this sound like some sort of engaging mechanic people are trying to pro game. People are probably watching some star trek trying to do anything except focus on the mind numbind boredom stretched out infront of them. I get no endorphin release from farming shit at all. It's the definition of tedium.

Farming mats is super easy to do once you know the good spots

I myself also on play a hour or so at a time and usually combine bounties and material runs.

Its fun mindless stuff to do during downtime before you grab your buds for weekly hunts.

That said this is clearly a game that will make for a great GOTY rerelease a few years down the line.

It was chopped up and rushed out the door and the early adopters are paying for it.

Still a damn fun game to casually play though.

ocean

Banned

I need Relic Iron so badly. Seriously like 200+. At my rate it'll take a few weeks I guess. Let me know if you're ever hitting Mars for farming and I'd love to tag along!

Yeah I can get those numbers too, I still don't enjoy it at all. And being forced to engage in this content is annoying. Furthermore I don't need 30+ relic iron. I need 128 to max out the gear I currently need to put things into. To add onto that I need 100 something spinmetals and no more spirit bloom because I spent 2 hours farming that yesterday.

Exactly this. This and little real content is constantly pushing me further away from Destiny. I fear i'll never pick it up again after the releases in the next two weeks.

What class are you? I used my Defender's grenades very effectively for this bounty. Magnetic grenade attaches to target and is a guaranteed kill. Voidwalkers have even more options naturally.

I used Atheon's Epilogue, a void Light/Beware and a void Zombie Apocalypse and got it done in a few matches. Just play it safe! I chose Control since it allowed me to better plan for enemy locations.

Hunter sadly, no void.

Clash works best for me, I always end up dying a lot more on control.

Left/right is the best and most obvious thing to call it. Calling it anything else just making things more complicated than it needs to be.

This. It is the simplest way to describe it with the least confusion for any players who haven't memorized which one is which. There's no reason to call them anything else unless you don't know which side they are.

Rumble + 77 Wizard (Void Fusion Rifle)

Yeah its actually pretty easy

Even when I hit .5 ratios I would just break even.

I rolled shotty and tried to force close quarters fights. Clung to walls and watched my radar for ambush opportunities.

Its nasty but whatever. Oh and I ran and hid a lot to avoid unnecessary deaths lol.

The hard part is the ensuing strike. That's the bitch about getting Thorn gawd

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Material farming is bullshit filler """content""". Needing shards for the latter nodes should be the end of it. I don't care that you enjoy it, it's just not good design. The fact that the ONLY way to get it is run in circles and learn spawnpoints is fkkn ridiculous.

Dude you make this sound like some sort of engaging mechanic people are trying to pro game. People are probably watching some star trek trying to do anything except focus on the mind numbind boredom stretched out infront of them. I get no endorphin release from farming shit at all. It's the definition of tedium.

I mute the game and make all my phone calls while farming :p

hydruxo

oh cool, lemme just grind some strikes real qui--

"WHETHER WE WANTED IT OR NOT"

noooooo

so which strike do you guys like the most

Lol I love the pre strike monologues, particularly the Lance Reddick ones.

My favorite strikes are:
1) Dust Palace
2) Nexus
3) Cerberus Vae III
4) Winters Run
5) Devils Lair
6) Summoning Pits

patchday

Bullshit

In 1 hour

Spinmetal - 165-175+
Helium - 150-165+
Spirit Bloom - 130-155+
Iron Relic - 100 - 120+

I watched your stream before and yeah I know you the real deal. But when a lot of us purchased Destiny I'm sure a lot of us had no idea we'd have to camp chests and compete with other farmers for them. I just highlighted the major problem with farming.

For the most part its kinda okay. Since I only need 16 or so of something. So I dont have to gather mats long. It's kinda fun but silly at the same time.

Mat farming is just so poorly done in this game tho. I should see be able to see fields and fields of materials while riding my bike while I'm naturally exploring the world. Not running around in a circle camping chests.

So running to a bush pressing square and running to another bush is fun? The loot cave must have been gameplay valhalla for you then.

Naw man.

I just hop on. Pick up some bounties. And dicj around for awhile.

Nothing fancy. I make a little progress grab a little loot and usually end up doing a public event or two

Not a horrible setup for casual play.

As far as regular play Destiny is seriously lacking but we all know this already

patchday

Material farming is bullshit filler """content""". Needing shards for the latter nodes should be the end of it. I don't care that you enjoy it, it's just not good design. The fact that the ONLY way to get it is run in circles and learn spawnpoints is fkkn ridiculous.

I fully agree with this guy yo.

GraveRobberX

You can make it engaging

If you already are saying what the fuck? I have to upgrade gear again and again, then why are you still playing
It was tedious in Alpha and Beta, but people created routes to maximize it

The dev sees no problem on how people have to obtain mats
I do see from others view that they don't have the full time investment like I do, but you can get shit done slowly and achieve something every week

If they add mats to drops or exchange, cool
The game has a way for you to earn it, either you do it or wait until it's fixed or eased to your liking

So far even after 2+ months, I haven't ever complained about farming materials, I have complained on bugs/glitches and loot drops from Raid

Material abundance should be like 35 on the to do list for Bungie, 34 more problems are ahead that need be fixing
Only thing broke so far with farming is the cards bonus, killing an amount of enemies to make you earn double is not working properly, as said by another GAFfer
Until it's fixed, you do what you can

Every game has it grind some way or another
It should be expected, only thing is how long you can last

GraveRobberX

I need Relic Iron so badly. Seriously like 200+. At my rate it'll take a few weeks I guess. Let me know if you're ever hitting Mars for farming and I'd love to tag along!

Give me a time-frame, I can come now and net you at least 100 easily just by following me, chatting + patrols + public time event (shard/energy bonus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom