• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a time-frame, I can come now and net you at least 100 easily just by following me, chatting + patrols + public time event (shard/energy bonus)

Buried City or Scablands

Buried City has the most frequent and abundant chests with minimal run distance. Plus tons or iron spawns.

Chests tend to be more efficient since you can regularly get 2 and as many as 12 from a rare chest.

rNilla

Any of the gaffers in my friend list (or not) want to hard raid about 6:30 pm? Im a lvl 30 warlock and have 3 more ready to roll at the previously mentioned hour. Add greenyMac on psn. Even if we dont finish I want to at least beat the templar and be set to finish the last bit at a later point. Greeny mac on PSN. lvl 29 or 30 only please. Experience is a plus.

What time zone? I'm up for this if it's Eastern or Central. Level 29 Hunter. Raid experience but not much hard mode experience. PSN rNilla.

Someone posted that video early this morning before it got Kotaku'd... I watched it twice now and I'm still not sure what the team did to Cheese Atheon. Athena walks on an invisible platform in the air and after time's vengeance is over he falls and dies... but I am not sure how the team forced him to walk on the invisible platform... and they had to flawlessly do a full round of the fight... so wouldn't it be easier just to complete a few more rounds rather than try to force some cheese?
It doesn't look like it's done on purpose he just walks at them into space and then drops .

I leveled my "Heart of Praxic Fire" and during radiance my cool downs don't seem any faster than before. Am I doing something wrong? The armor is fully leveled

ocean

Banned
Give me a time-frame, I can come now and net you at least 100 easily just by following me, chatting + patrols + public time event (shard/energy bonus)

I'll be home in two hours. I think I have you on PSN (I'm a_javierp). If you're online I'll message you! Thanks a lot. You should start a business using Share Play haha

Hung Wei Lo

RNG has smiled upon me - so I just have a couple of quick questions:

Ultimate remote - is this worth upgrading? and what potential uses could this possibly have, outside of PVP?

VoC - just unlocked the full auto perk and some of the time it will just stop shooting...is it just me?

Also got Hawkmoon from Nightfall, so I can't wait to give it a go (though I already have a TDYK). I had to also sacrifice my alt's future equipment on the quest to hit 30...now I get to farm materials to upgrade raid gear (yay)

ocean

Banned
What time zone? I'm up for this if it's Eastern or Central. Level 29 Hunter. Raid experience but not much hard mode experience. PSN rNilla.

Assuming it's 6 eastern I'd be down. I have a group for normal on my alt at 9 eastern but I'd go for Hard with you on my 29 Titan. a_javierp on PSN, greeny is already on my list!

CornDogg

Ultimate remote - is this worth upgrading? and what potential uses could this possibly have, outside of PVP?

VoC - just unlocked the full auto perk and some of the time it will just stop shooting...is it just me?

Also got Hawkmoon from Nightfall, so I can't wait to give it a go (though I already have a TDYK). I had to also sacrifice my alt's future equipment on the quest to hit 30...now I get to farm materials to upgrade raid gear (yay)

Not just you. Pretty sure it's bugged.

Did anyone else get to do the weekly twice this week?

I was glitching out while playing with Shawn128 the other day, got the rewards for the weekly, but it was playable again today.

So I've got 18 Strange coins this week on one character.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm not saying the way material farming is the best, nothing should be adjusted

For me at the moment, I can do what is laid before me to get said materials
If it changes for the better, yay, for the bad, welp, then I'll weigh if it's worth it

I like grabbing bounties run to the area where I can at least knock out 2-3 quickly and earn materials in the process

Today's bounty had 200 Cosmodrome points + Cosmo 6 Patrol + 10 Hive Knights/Ultras + 20 Fusion + 100 Precision

Started @10:15AM EST
I did all 5 within 30 minutes
Killing the Knights in the tunnel in the Steppes and doing it 4 times, finished the 200 cosmo points + hive
Also had grabbed a kill order patrol, so that finished me @90%
Went outside killed 1 dude, patrol over, 5 to go
2 other patrol in steppes were
Both were the triangle collect item from enemies one
Did both while doing the fusion rifle bounty which took 3 minutes to complete with pocket infinity at the warehouse/loot cave 2.5, the 4 dregs + 3 vandals
In the mean time of doing 100 precision kills, I moved over to divide for more enemies at a set position and just used my scout rifle and headshotted away
Grabbed the assassination and kill order patrol again did them
Finished off my 100 precision kills
Ran quickly to Rocketyard, picked my 6th patrol a collection of drg docking caps, zoomed back to the Divide did it
Public time event popped and Fallen Walker came, finished, got ass shard bonus
Looked I netted an extra 40+ spinmetals for doing so along the way filling out said bounties

That happens to me all of the time. I love the gun though

Warlocks are nerfed. I stand by this statement until proven otherwise.

This sunbro speaks the truth

EL CUCO

I leveled my "Heart of Praxic Fire" and during radiance my cool downs don't seem any faster than before. Am I doing something wrong? The armor is fully leveled

Warlocks are nerfed. I stand by this statement until proven otherwise.

Everytime this happens to me, I thought I let myself run out of ammo and I have a mini heart attack because it seems to happen mostly in the VoG.

LordofPwn

Only thing broke so far with farming is the cards bonus, killing an amount of enemies to make you earn double is not working properly, as said by another GAFfer

This isn't broken. "Extra materials drop from material nodes in this destination." you get 1 without the bonus, up to 2 with the bonus.

GraveRobberX

Could you post the locations you do these in?

I'm assuming:
Spinmetal = Rocketyard
Helium = Archers Line
Spirit Bloom = Ember
Relic = Buried City

Relic I do Scablands, it feels easier to me
Buried City has a smaller loop, but I like the openness of Scablands

Spin is always Rocket, Helium is Archer's, Spirit is the Zone to Winter's Run (I always forget the zones name)

GraveRobberX

What do the jack o lantern things do?

You get a jack-o-lantern head put on you for 30 minutes
It has the Hive eyes outlook on it
Cosmos made a cool looking real pumpkin out of the logo, but it look half butchered by a Hunter going HAM with the knife

Sorry Cosmos!

ocean

Banned
The Praxic fire is completely useless. My cool downs didn't speed up one bit. What a disappointment

I don't feel a big difference either. I haven't tested but I have a hunch it just adds Discipline. If your build already has good DIS it probably just maxes out at 100% so you don't see a big difference. I feel Sunbreakers have a far more noticeable perk.

LordofPwn

Relic I do Scablands, it feels easier to me
Buried City has a smaller loop, but I like the openness of Scablands

Spin is always Rocket, Helium is Archer's, Spirit is the Zone to Winter's Run (I always forget the zones name)
I do spirit in the area where the nexus strike starts ishtar something? lots of enemies for bounties/missions/xp, small loop for chests and can even do the chest glitch fairly easy. only downside is no public events.

I don't feel a big difference either. I haven't tested but I have a hunch it just adds Discipline. If your build already has good DIS it probably just maxes out at 100% so you don't see a big difference. I feel Sunbreakers have a far more noticeable perk.

Yes the armor itself adds a ton of discipline but my build is always at least 80% discipline anyways. I doubt thats it though. I think the perk just doesn't work. Maybe it's a bug?

I also think sun breakers have the more noticeable perk

GraveRobberX

I do spirit in the area where the nexus strike starts ishtar something? lots of enemies for bounties/missions/xp, small loop for chests and can even do the chest glitch fairly easy. only downside is no public events.

Ah the Vex and Fallen free for all they have every 4 minutes or so
Yeah it's decent, but too crampy, the other area, the first zone you enter just as you enter patrol going left is better, more chance at the spirit nodes and at least 5-7 chest per loop easily

EL CUCO

Anyone doing normal raid later today?

I'm going to run a buddy through it tonight. You're more than welcomed to come.
I've used two of the pumpkin consumables and it didn't do anything in the tower or out in patrols/missions

Same here.
XXIRL5i.gif

Doodis

The Praxic fire is completely useless. My cool downs didn't speed up one bit. What a disappointment

This is good to know. I don't have Praxic Fire, but was thinking of buying it if Xur has it. I'm pretty happy with my exotic helmet though, so I won't worry about it.

ethomaz

Banned
It increases in Radiance mode only.

You can make a test... you can trow more grenades with it (increase the Radiance time too before make the test).

You can two up to 12 grenades with Heart of the Praxic Fire + Radiance Extended.

Frillen

So can someone explain the level cap increase? Does it mean that you have to get new gear AGAIN, level them up AGAIN, get new ass shards AGAIN? If so, goodbye Destiny.

It increases in Radiance mode only.

You can make a test... you can trow more grenades with it (increase the Radiance time too before make the test).

You can two up to 12 grenades with Heart of the Praxic Fire + Radiance Extended.

I am comparing the grenade bar filling up and it fills up at almost the same rate

GhaleonEB

Cryptarch's reset brought him a class item, aka a new cloak for me.

I'm free.

I also de-leveled from 22 to 21, even though I didn't change any armor at all, other than the cloak. Not sure what happened there. Destiny can be fun but it sure likes to sock me in the balls with regularity.

DjRalford

So can someone explain the level cap increase? Does it mean that you have to get new gear AGAIN, level them up AGAIN, get new ass shards AGAIN? If so, goodbye Destiny.

I thought it was partly going to be exotic armour upgrades that extended current items in light level.

Cryptarch's reset brought him a class item, aka a new cloak for me.

I'm free.

I also de-leveled from 22 to 21, even though I didn't change any armor at all, other than the cloak. Not sure what happened there. Destiny can be fun but it sure likes to sock me in the balls with regularity.

Changing your cloak should not have an effect on your light level

Well in general that's how this game's loop works. They could extend some current gears' upgrade paths, like a poster mentioned above.

UV-6

Did the Weekly Nightfall with a buddy and I got the Unwilling Soul-09 (shit auto rifle) and he got 6 strange coins. Waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom