• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

So can someone explain the level cap increase? Does it mean that you have to get new gear AGAIN, level them up AGAIN, get new ass shards AGAIN? If so, goodbye Destiny.

I can't wait to hear that Hive Raid Gear needs a different type of shard. Everyone with 100+ ass shards are going to be delightful on this thread lol

hydruxo

So can someone explain the level cap increase? Does it mean that you have to get new gear AGAIN, level them up AGAIN, get new ass shards AGAIN? If so, goodbye Destiny.

DestinyDB datamined some exotic materials that aren't in the base game, so my theory is they are used somehow to up your existing armor's light. That or they'll just have the raid gear in the next one max out higher.

I really hope Bungie doesn't include another material like Ascendant shards that we have to farm to upgrade the new raid gear, because I'm pretty sure everyone is stocking up on shards now because of the level increase.

Kaiken

Banned
Did the Weekly Nightfall with a buddy and I got the Unwilling Soul-09 (shit auto rifle) and he got 6 strange coins. Waste of time.

I picked up an Ice Breaker that I never had a chance to purchase. How does that make you feel?
It's ok buddy

I've been having some great luck with loot drops this week so far. Got the Gjallahorn from the raid, the Hawkmoon from the nightfall and the Mida Multi-tool from another nightfall run.

Now to level them all up.
Just got the Mida yesterday and the Zombie Apocalypse right before I logged off for the night. I saw some posts of folks not digging the Mida, but so far I like it a lot.

I feel like that Hawkmoon will never be mine. :-(

X-Frame

So I just watched a few video guides of Hard Mode for the raid and just want to confirm with all you guys that the strategies presented are still viable or the best ones:

- Defend the Confluxes Phase: Hide in the spirit bloom room when the Templar summons it's legions

- Oracles Phase: Everyone wipe and despawn at the top to snipe the oracles from afar. 1 or 2 players to jump down and hide on elevated platforms to get the furthest 2 hidden oracles.

- Templar Phase: Everyone stays on the top platforms before jumping down and only the relic holder stays down to kill adds and bring down the Templars shields. Everyone up top snipes with Icebreakers.

- Gatekeeper Phase: 1 person goes in each portal at the same time and snipes the Gatekeepers to minimal health, then kill at the same time, run and grab the relic and bolt out while avoiding any adds. Everyone else stays outside.

Atheon Phase: Only the portal team jumps to the middle platform and fires at Atheon under the relic shields cover while the other 3 from the outside team continue to kill adds and only fire on Atheon when the adds are clear.

Are all those still what needs to be done on Hard Mode or are there better ways? Thanks!

What I really want in the new raid is guaranteed currency drops that you can then use to buy gear. It would at least give the player a sense of progress instead of completely relying on RNG

hydruxo

So I just watched a few video guides of Hard Mode for the raid and just want to confirm with all you guys that the strategies presented are still viable or the best ones:

- Defend the Confluxes Phase: Hide in the spirit bloom room when the Templar summons it's legions

- Oracles Phase: Everyone wipe and despawn at the top to snipe the oracles from afar. 1 or 2 players to jump down and hide on elevated platforms to get the furthest 2 hidden oracles.

- Gatekeeper Phase: 1 person goes in each portal at the same time and snipes the Gatekeepers to minimal health, then kill at the same time, run and grab the relic and bolt out while avoiding any adds. Everyone else stays outside.

Atheon Phase: Only the portal team jumps to the middle platform and fires at Atheon under the relic shields cover while the other 3 from the outside team continue to kill adds and only fire on Atheon when the adds are clear.

Are all those still what needs to be done on Hard Mode or are there better ways? Thanks!

For the oracles, if you've got a Sunbro you can just have them hop off and die then self res to start the encounter.

jaaz

Just sucks for gear that you've put so much time in for is suddenly rendered useless. Especially the exotics

Well that would be consistent with all MMOs. I remember on WoW when an expansion would come out, all of your purple raid gear would get replaced by better blues/greens just minutes into questing in the expansion. With the level light cap being raised by 2, it seems something similar may happen in Destiny, but perhaps at a slower rate.

ethomaz

Banned
I am comparing the grenade bar filling up and it fills up at almost the same rate
Make the test...

The grenade cooldown is slower than the throw grenade animation so you can't throw a new grenade exactly after the animation.

With Heart of the Praxic Fire you can because the cooldown ends before the animation of throwing the grenade.

Only works on Radiance mode.

PS. It is impossible to throw 11-12 grenades without Heart of the Praxic Fire... the cooldown is too slow.

realcZk

Well that would be consistent with all MMOs. I remember on WoW when an expansion would come out, all of your purple raid gear would get replaced by better blues/greens just minutes into questing in the expansion. With the level light cap being raised by 2, it seems something similar may happen in Destiny, but perhaps at a slower rate.

Raid legendary gear, sure, but I can't see them doing that with exotics. If they are gonna make my Helm of Saint 14 worthless, will there be another helm with the same effects to replace it? I think we'll be able to upgrade exotic gear to 32 light level with materials, but legendary will need to be replaced.

Those platforms have kill timers now. You can snipe the Oracle hidden behind the pillar by having two people on the furthest right side on a small ledge (a little hard to explain, watch a video), you can shoot the side of the hidden Oracle. Also you can just have a Sunsinger fall down into the chasm and self res to start the encounter and respawn back up.

lunlunqq

What I really want in the new raid is guaranteed currency drops that you can then use to buy gear. It would at least give the player a sense of progress instead of completely relying on RNG

Some deterministic way to get gears? No way! That's against Destiny's design goal. Everything has to be random!!!

Kalamari

I really hope Bungie doesn't include another material like Ascendant shards that we have to farm to upgrade the new raid gear, because I'm pretty sure everyone is stocking up on shards now because of the level increase.

Nope, I am unintentionally stocking up on shards because I have nothing to spend them on. That raid gear bottleneck.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

- Templar Phase: Everyone stays on the top platforms before jumping down and only the relic holder stays down to kill adds and bring down the Templars shields. Everyone up top snipes with Icebreakers.

All of these methods work. There are also alternative ways to complete these parts (e.g., for gatekeeper phase, do them one at a time, or do one side first to 10%, do the second side, then come back out to finish the first side).

blackflag

Just got the Mida yesterday and the Zombie Apocalypse right before I logged off for the night. I saw some posts of folks not digging the Mida, but so far I like it a lot.

MIDA sounds cool but at max level it crits for over 200 less than cryptic dragon and VOC. It just doesn't do enough damage and I personally hate the scope and crosshair. I don't think it'll ever get used.

Tovarisc

Conflux is good one, it's safe room for legion phase.

Oracles you shouldn't cheese imo and just learn to do it proper way. That multi-tasking you need for dealing with adds, hobs and oracles will improve you as player in general for all content.

Gatekeeper like that can be dodgy on Hard if players going in aren't god tier because those adds hit like fucking truck. You should consider;

1. 3 to the left and weaken Keeper, come out
  2. 2 from these 3 to the right. They kill all adds and weaken Keeper to ~30% at which point 3rd is told to go into left.
  3. Keepers get killed around same time, with minimal amount of adds in portals, and get out for middle win.

Atheon depends and should find best way for your team to do nuking phase. For e.g. my raid group, we don't stack at middle at all. We spread out to back and sides. Then we just nuke boss with everything we got. Boss dies in 2-3 cycles.

Edit:

Those platforms have kill timers now.

He is talking about "hidden" platform that is right on top of the Templar, basically. From there player can kill hidden oracle from left without taking any damage from anything.

ethomaz

Banned
Nice! But how do you reach the hidden oracles up top?
I don't know if I'm getting this right but one guy needs to drop to the arena and stay up to the Boss where he can shot the only Oracle hidden from the guys that stay on the start platform.

You can kill 100% of the oracles from up top near where you spawn. Just move your guys around.
One of them you can't... you need a guy there just to kill it.

realcZk

MIDA sounds cool but at max level it crits for over 200 less than cryptic dragon and VOC. It just doesn't do enough damage and I personally hate the scope and crosshair. I don't think it'll ever get used.

For reference:
j5sOo5M.png
http://www.destinygundamage.info/#/compare

Make the test...

The grenade cooldown is slower than the throw grenade animation so you can't throw a new grenade exactly after the animation.

With Heart of the Praxic Fire you can because the cooldown ends before the animation of throwing the grenade.

Only works on Radiance mode.

PS. It is impossible to throw 11-12 grenades without Heart of the Praxic Fire... the cooldown is too slow.

I think you're onto something here. I got 8-9 grenades, I'm sure i can get more

Steroyd

That's probably exactly why, so people will play the content till the next expansion.

Some deterministic way to get gears? No way! That's against Destiny's design goal. Everything has to be random!!!

Well if iron banner gear is going to be level 30 then it seems they are changing their ways a bit. Or maybe I'm just delusional. Probably the latter.

Confluxes: Yes, spirit bloom room is safest, but you have to be careful when going for it, especially people on the right side. As soon as enemies/confluxes despawn, make a break for it. This will happen before the text about "Templar summons his legions"

Oracles: Only 1 person should jump down to start it. All 7 oracle spawns can easily be shot from the elevated platform right behind the spawn point. The front left oracle can be shot from the far right side. It is possible to jump back up but doesn't really matter, this phase can be easily handled by 4 people even on hard, so 5 is plenty.

GK: Personally I hate this strat and only view it as a substitute for insufficient DPS. Max your weapons people! Do left portal first, 1 person goes behind minotaur spawn at the top and covers that, 3 people cover right portal, 1st relic guy and somebody w/ Gjallahorn go in right portal. Relic super + Gjal to kill right GK, grab relic and get out. Everyone collapses to the middle and defend the conflux, mainly the pretorians spawning from the left and right portals.

Atheon: This is a pretty good, safe strat. Certainly not the most efficient but is plenty as long as people have maxed Icebreakers, etc. Even safer is to go to the back of the room instead of the middle platform where people can fall.

I just got my 50 raid clear grimoire card, so I'd be happy to help you run a hard raid if you are on PS4. There are a lot of details that are hard to cover in a post, haha.

hydruxo

Nice! But how do you reach the hidden oracles up top?
Have everybody staggered in different spots up above the platform where you hop down. It's hard to explain without a video but there's pillars you can climb up on to get a good vantage point for those oracles that are hard to get. Assign everybody to different sections and have two people on the left taking out hobgoblins.

He is talking about "hidden" platform that is right on top of the Templar, basically. From there player can kill hidden oracle from left without taking any damage from anything.

Oh, there is? Didn't know that, will have to check it out.

Also yeah the RNG in this game is crazy, I keep getting raid gear and I reached level 30 a long time ago.

E92 M3

I don't know if I'm getting this right but one guy needs to drop to the arena and stay up to the Boss where he can shot the only Oracle hidden from the guys that stay on the start platform.

One of them you can't... you need a guy there just to kill it.

You can kill the cubby hole oracle from up the spawn point. The edge of it is visible. I've done it myself. Of course it's easier to do it from the platform.

Nope, I am unintentionally stocking up on shards because I have nothing to spend them on. That raid gear bottleneck.

Yep. I'm up to 65 shards and haven't done the raid yet this week. I would trade that shit for energy even if it took 3 shards for 1 energy.

Why do people like the hawkmoon so much? I got that and a different hand cannon from the raid last week. Haven't messed with them yet 'cause I have other exotics I'm leveling up.

Interesting that there are no stats for Cryptic Dragon. I have too many good non-primary exotics to keep using MIDA all the time, but for now it's fun to blast aliens with. Will probably never use it to raid, whenever I can find PS3 players to raid with.
Why do people like the hawkmoon so much? I got that and a different hand cannon from the raid last week. Haven't messed with them yet 'cause I have other exotics I'm leveling up.
eh, probably because I don't have it. Like I said, I have Ice Breaker and Truth that I would want to use much more, but as a rule you always want what you can't get easily.

blackflag

Yep. I'm up to 65 shards and haven't done the raid yet this week. I would trade that shit for energy even if it took 3 shards for 1 energy.

Damn, I have 116 energy (even after maxing mythoclast, truth, and atheons epilogue this week) and only 28 energy....

blackflag

Interesting that there are no stats for Cryptic Dragon. I have too many good non-primary exotics to keep using MIDA all the time, but for now it's fun to blast aliens with. Will probably never use it to raid, whenever I can find PS3 players to raid with.

I hope it's part of the buff but if they never change the scope I still probably won't use it :(

hydruxo

It's got a different feel to it than the legendary HC's. It's just really fun to use.

blackflag

hawkmoon is overrated. I'd rather use Fatebringer.

ethomaz

Banned
You can kill the cubby hole oracle from up the spawn point. The edge of it is visible. I've done it myself. Of course it's easier to do it from the platform.
You can shot the Oracle left to the boss from the start platform? I'm talking about this close to the G1... there is wall of all sides of it except the boss side.

aa0xkvK.jpg

I will try to reach it from the up start platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom